corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » In your opinion - who would be to blame for this accident (pics)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author In your opinion - who would be to blame for this accident (pics)
Dean_H

User status: Offline
20th May 05 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not being biased as i have named the cars 1 & 2, F meaning front and B back.

Car 1 reversing down narrow street
Car 2 pulls out

Damage to car 1, scuffed edge on bumper
Damage to car 2, Heavy damage to wing, mirror and baseplate off and broken.

Cheers
3CorsaMeal

20th May 05 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car 2

should of been checking properly before pulling out

where was car 1 reversing to and how far?
Corsa Sport Gav

car two as it shuda check the road was clear
Mather.16v

i would say number 2 would be.....

as if he/she checked mirrors before moving out they would have seen the hazard!
Wayne

2 is the one at wrong shudnt of reversed out whilst on comming traffic
Wayne

20th May 05 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mather.16v

spot on
GIBBS

it's normally the guy who pulls out, but as you where reversing they may say you shouldnt of been and should have turned around somewhere so amy be 50/50
1600power

that unfortunetly could be seen as a 50:50 claim as no one has right of way, i.e there is no left or right lane.

At the same time you could say that car 1 had right of way because it was actually on the road at the time and car 2 has entered the lane not paying attention.

Would be an intresting one for the insurance to work out.
Corsa Sport Gav

if it was a one way street thn id say car 1
Colin

Car 2 for not following the proper procedure of checking behind for an oncoming car
Dean_H

20th May 05 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Street was not 1 way, car 1 needed to reverse for a further 30-40ft to exit the street.

Speed was at roughly 5mph??

CAR 1 is my car, the old trout of a woman i crashed into is a slag, as soon as i crashed into her she passed the blame totally on me so i phone the police, police was on my side (after viewing the location of the cars when came to rest after the crash) but said there is nothing they can do you need to sort it out with your insurances.

I phone norwich union, draw diagrams and took photos of the street explaining i was innocent in the accident.

Norwich union agreed with me and said they will purse HER insurance, 4-6 months after the accident no call from no one.
I phoned up Norwich union and asked whats going on, they told me they cant get in touch with her and she isnt replying to the letters.

6-8 months after the crash still no contact, phone norwich union again. They had got in touch with her insurance and HER insurance is accepting no liability for the accident (she most prob told them a different story) and norwich union told me its most prob a 50-50 now, i asked why!!!! they told me as you was reversing, in the highway code it says when reversing you should pay attention but also she is to blame for pulling out.
As if im am suppose to fucking see the stupid bint pulling out when i am 5ft away from her!

It is now over 2 years since the accident and i have heared nothing for about 18 months.

I now have a fucking letter this monring telling me i have to pay her excess £100, and £20 phone and post bills in 14 days, and if i dont they will issue legal procedings against me!!!!

What do i do? phone norwich union again? they are shit and cant sort out nothing? shall i get my own solicitor? are there any organizations that i can goto to explain the story and argue my case?

I am pissed off with this whole thing now and this letter this monrning topped it all offf for me!
Skipz

20th May 05 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

not always the case.. if you check your mirrors you may not always see a hazzard..

Car 2 is at fault... if they checked their Mirrors AND Over their shoulder before setting off they would see the car reversing that would probably have been in their Blindspot!

Dean_H

20th May 05 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by h18_oab
quote:

not always the case.. if you check your mirrors you may not always see a hazzard..

Car 2 is at fault... if they checked their Mirrors AND Over their shoulder before setting off they would see the car reversing that would probably have been in their Blindspot!

why cant the insurances see it that way then? can i find out what car 2's story is? how would i go about doing that.

in that letter this morning all it says was "you failed to break, if break at all. And caused damage to MRS X's car totalling £896.94"
Carr

20th May 05 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brake not break
--Dave--
Banned

20th May 05 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stupid bint, go round and see her and tell her it's her fault etc etc and if she doesn't pay for the damaged you'll biff her rusty starfish
Nismo

20th May 05 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 is , check all angles before making a manuver
p4uls corsa

20th May 05 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u shouldnt have to pay her access if no blame has been put to any of u . u both pay for repairs on ur own cars

i now when a woman hit my car whilst parked in a petrol station my insurance company wouldnt chase it up and passed me onto a solicitor as i paid for legal cover and they deal with it she anded up paying me for the damage
Rileysport

20th May 05 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_H
quote:
Originally posted by h18_oab
quote:

why cant the insurances see it that way then? can i find out what car 2's story is? how would i go about doing that.

in that letter this morning all it says was "you failed to break, if break at all. And caused damage to MRS X's car totalling £896.94"

forward it to norwich union... then send her a bill for your car the bitch
mwg

20th May 05 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_H
the old trout of a woman i crashed into is a slag

Steve
Premium Member

20th May 05 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woman hate taking responsibility for ANYTHING, i find this in all walks of life. They never say anything is there fault
Katie

20th May 05 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not always true, most stupid things i have done in my car have been my fault, and i've admitted it as my fault... even though everyone says you should never do that
vibrio
Banned

20th May 05 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1600power
that unfortunetly could be seen as a 50:50 claim as no one has right of way, i.e there is no left or right lane.

At the same time you could say that car 1 had right of way because it was actually on the road at the time and car 2 has entered the lane not paying attention.

car 1 on the road has right of way unless car 2 had already moved out in which it would have right of way. would depend on witnesses
Dean_H

20th May 05 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by 1600power

car 1 on the road has right of way unless car 2 had already moved out in which it would have right of way. would depend on witnesses

actually i did have a witness (it happended outside my gf's house and her mother seen it) my insurance company said you cant use her as a witness because she is related to you,
also my gf was in the car? could she form a witness?
Steve
Premium Member

20th May 05 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

judging by the damage to her car she wasnt even halfway out into the road when the collision happened hence she pulled out on you, youhave right of way, just tell your ins your not accepting liability and let them deal with it
Ant

20th May 05 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course your gf mum can be a witness If i was accused of murder im sure I could call my GF as a witness. Just say you are not paying and do not accept liability and wish to persue a claim against her. Even if you had no witneses the worst cace scenario is a 50/50

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » In your opinion - who would be to blame for this accident (pics) 22 database queries in 0.3634760 seconds