corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just had the best couple of races ever

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just had the best couple of races ever
big eck

User status: Offline
4th Jun 05 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First one was a scooby, we both came off a roundabout onto a very long straight bit of road (2 miles +) and both of us booted it, I totally fuked up 2nd to 3rd gear change and he pulled out to pass me I quickly got it into 3rd and just planted ma foot into the floor and we were both neck and neck with neither of us letting up, he eventually pulled in behind me and flashed the lights and gave the thumbs up we both reached another roundabout then onto a duel carrigeway with he slowly crawled past we then pulled into a garage where I found out that he was running 260bhp I was amazed that ma car done so well, (he had the print out with him believe it or not) he was really suprised that a corsa gave his car a run for its money

Second one was a bit harder to keep up with, an Evo 6, this was a rapid piece of kit again a long straight road and he just soared away from me he eventually slowed down to let me catch up by the time I was on him I was flat out and screamed past him he kinda took his time in catching me but we slowed down coming into the built up areas, I pulled into Morrisons superstore car park and he pulled long side and the first thing he said is thats a 2ltr under the bonnet aint it BUSTED

sorry for the big speech but just thought i'd share as I was very impressed with my wee corsa tonight

jamied

4th Jun 05 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, i want a 2litre now!
Carl

4th Jun 05 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd be happy with anything faster than the 1.2 8v lump i've got in now.
Brett
Premium Member

4th Jun 05 at 00:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a mint time with a corsa tonite, i was in my R5GTT...good fun round my way, not sure what engine he had but he didnt do too bad. As soon as boost came in i lost traction in EVERY gear, damn rain....!!
myke

4th Jun 05 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's nice that owners of proper cars pay an interest in that and give you some respect for it.

loosing traction in 5th would make me wet myself.
Brett
Premium Member

4th Jun 05 at 00:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after you've been racin about tho, do you ever sit and think over where you've been, worrying about speed cameras?

i keep playin the nite back in my mind shitting myself

[Edited on 04-06-2005 by loafofbrett]
Mistamist

4th Jun 05 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont race on roads i dont know, tis nice when you have a play with bigger cars that think your just a corsa.

I love beating BMW drivers, they think their cars are the best thing since sliced bread till a corsa makes them look like they are in neutral.

323i with rude bwoy gangsta driver.
Brett
Premium Member

4th Jun 05 at 01:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beardy took me out in his 2ltr on carbs last nite, very very impressed!!!
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 05 at 01:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think the scoobie driver was talking penis bout 260bhp. the aphs mustve been well out if u kept with it. yours is xe aint it?
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 05 at 01:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think the scoobie driver was talking penis bout 260bhp. the aphs mustve been well out if u kept with it. yours is xe aint it?
Marc

4th Jun 05 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not been funny but this is posted nearly every fucking week
Skipz

4th Jun 05 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No wonder you were beaming from ear to ear at the retail park last night when you drove past
langey

4th Jun 05 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
First one was a scooby, we both came off a roundabout onto a very long straight bit of road (2 miles +) and both of us booted it, I totally fuked up 2nd to 3rd gear change and he pulled out to pass me I quickly got it into 3rd and just planted ma foot into the floor and we were both neck and neck with neither of us letting up, he eventually pulled in behind me and flashed the lights and gave the thumbs up we both reached another roundabout then onto a duel carrigeway with he slowly crawled past we then pulled into a garage where I found out that he was running 260bhp I was amazed that ma car done so well, (he had the print out with him believe it or not) he was really suprised that a corsa gave his car a run for its money

Second one was a bit harder to keep up with, an Evo 6, this was a rapid piece of kit again a long straight road and he just soared away from me he eventually slowed down to let me catch up by the time I was on him I was flat out and screamed past him he kinda took his time in catching me but we slowed down coming into the built up areas, I pulled into Morrisons superstore car park and he pulled long side and the first thing he said is thats a 2ltr under the bonnet aint it BUSTED

sorry for the big speech but just thought i'd share as I was very impressed with my wee corsa tonight

why oh hwy did you have to m ake this post

just makes me want my car back more and more 12weeks she's been off the road
big eck

4th Jun 05 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Not been funny but this is posted nearly every fucking week

and your point is

Steve yea its just an XE, i'm just goin by what was in front of me, I aint one to say that I beat ever car I race if I get ma ass whooped then i'll admit it
Marc

4th Jun 05 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im just so used to people joining scoobynet to tell everyone they whooped a scooby.
Colin

4th Jun 05 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to race you now Ecks ma boy hahaahaha
Skipz

4th Jun 05 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Im just so used to people joining scoobynet to tell everyone they whooped a scooby.

if i beat a scooby in a Corsa I'd be joining up to scoobynet for a right old laugh at them aswell
AndyW

4th Jun 05 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a 1.4 8v spi slow as shit but i raced a standard focus down some lanes other day n was expectin it to sit right with me but he cudnt keep up especially on twistys...did the same with a clio, except it flew passed me on a straight
big eck

4th Jun 05 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh right, tbh if I had the choice over a scooby or a 2ltr corsa the scooby would come out on top of ma list every time, the only thing thats stoppin me from buyin one is the running costs which the guy last night told me is extortionate
big eck

4th Jun 05 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I want to race you now Ecks ma boy hahaahaha

I knew you'd reply to this one sooner or later
Colin

4th Jun 05 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not saying you didnt do it......id just like to maybe see it for myself

I raced Dean in his XE on the way to Dastek & he was nowhere near me.....although at the time he wasnt running all that great

Think he got 130bhp to my 246bhp

[Edited on 04-06-2005 by Colin]
Marc

4th Jun 05 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck was this a classic, bug or blobeye you raced?

I can see you easily beating the latter.
big eck

4th Jun 05 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc, I asked him if it was a classic with a few add on goodies to the outside and even thought it didnt have the square number plate recess that I thought all Imports had he said that it was an import

Colin - I would like to have a blat against yours as i've been in yours and it was pretty sharp off the mark and yes deans was a bag of poo that day
Siberia

4th Jun 05 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but how doe a car with 100BHP less and no tub win? i dont get it...

Colin

4th Jun 05 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait til ive got my clutch replaced then i'll give you a shout.....we can have a blat down a section of the Mway

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just had the best couple of races ever 22 database queries in 0.0155230 seconds