corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Plans For my Car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plans For my Car
ed

User status: Offline
12th Dec 05 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have finally come to a descision about what I'm doing with the 2.0 Corsa...

It currently looks a bit like this for those of you who have forgotten because it has only been out about twice this year:

The bodywirk is going to remain pretty much the same as I am very happy with the way it looks, however there are going to be a few subtle changes...

The front bumper is going to have all the detailing in it smoothed off.
The door handles are going.
I want to loose the fuel filler cap, but I'm not sure if there is anywhere good to put it - I was looking at fitting it in the B pillar in the drivers side door shut, but it seems to be a lot of work so I might just leave it be.
Most of the bodywork smoothing is going to be re-done because Midas used far too much filler on it and it is now cracking.
The rear bumper and sideskirts are staying the same, however I think I might try toning down the sideskirts a bit as they are pretty curvey.
I'm going to smooth off the roof rails.
The scuttle pannel is going to be smoothed off, I wouldn't mind loosing the windscreen wiper, but it makes the car inpracticle and I want the car to be drivable.
The Saxo spoiler is staying, as are the 18's.
The paint is being re-done in a lurverleee green colour, probably kandy to get a nice deep effect.

Interior wise, everything is going cream and green. Seats and install will be trimmed in cream leather and a bit of green detailing on them.
I'm going for a custom dash, probably with the dials relayed through a screen like Ashleys car I'm affriad. Most of the interior plastics are going to be painted up cram too
I will be getting some 3 point harnesses, a fusion roll cage and a fat rear strut brace...
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

12th Dec 05 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

money.
Mark Petty

12th Dec 05 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it looks very very nice but surely having 18's its loosing power?
ed

12th Dec 05 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing all the work myself that I can willay, I'm coming to an agreement with a friend of Steve's to get the paint sorted quite cheap I hope

It's got 150bhp, it's quick enough...
a_j_mair

12th Dec 05 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sound ££££££
but all sounds like a good plan, i would try something different with the clocks tho, maybe same idea but different
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

12th Dec 05 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I'm doing all the work myself that I can willay, I'm coming to an agreement with a friend of Steve's to get the paint sorted quite cheap I hope

It's got 150bhp, it's quick enough...

Thats pretty cool, impressed you are brave enough to take it all on.
Jambo

12th Dec 05 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ed, wheres the idea for the "specail" paint job gone

Im dissapointed, oh and i have a pair of smooth doors up for sale early next year....
ed

12th Dec 05 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way I look at it is, the bodywork will cost me about £100 in materials and parts.

The interior will be about the same plus a few hundred in labour for trimming the seats.

The roll cage will not be done in the initial stage of work, but it's on the cards because the fusion ones are so sexual

Then there is the matter of the re-spray... I would like to be shown how to paint really so I can do everything myself...
ed

12th Dec 05 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Ed, wheres the idea for the "specail" paint job gone

Im dissapointed, oh and i have a pair of smooth doors up for sale early next year....
I just dont think it would look good... Plus Max Power stopped talking to me about it so the sponsorship I had from people was lost basically...
Jambo

12th Dec 05 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ed, FFS itl look amazing and be truely unique.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adge

12th Dec 05 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awsome mate! sound mental!
ed

12th Dec 05 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be unique for a reason I think..
SteveW

12th Dec 05 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"pullchain" doorhandles

DO IT
ed

12th Dec 05 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hehe, those sorts of things are secret special eddie details...
jr

12th Dec 05 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may i suggest stripping it and ragging it round a track, or would that be silly
a_j_mair

12th Dec 05 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
The interior will be about the same plus a few hundred in labour for trimming the seats.

Then there is the matter of the re-spray... I would like to be shown how to paint really so I can do everything myself...

to be honest £100 for leather to retrim the full interior i would imagine for good quality leather it will be more and also a fair bit more for the labour unless trying it urself. For a half decent retrim i would imagine 1k
#for a decent respray you will need to remove glass etc and have it refitted, £150 in that.

for having a go yourself tho. it is definetaley the way ahead just ends up costing alot more than you first imagine/plan i know
Brycey

12th Dec 05 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good.

Ed, do you know of good bodshops around here then in the B'ham area.

I want lots of little things doing, smooth scuttle,roof rails smoothed,washer jets smoothed and relocated etc etc.

Thanks
SteveW

12th Dec 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dna23

12th Dec 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed how were your arches done? did midas smooth into your arches (the original one's) or were new ones made?

plans sound great by the way mate
ed

12th Dec 05 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
quote:
Originally posted by ed

to be honest £100 for leather to retrim the full interior i would imagine for good quality leather it will be more and also a fair bit more for the labour unless trying it urself. For a half decent retrim i would imagine 1k
#for a decent respray you will need to remove glass etc and have it refitted, £150 in that.

for having a go yourself tho. it is definetaley the way ahead just ends up costing alot more than you first imagine/plan i know
I'm only getting the seats trimmed, i'm doing the install myself... Everything else will be painted.
mwg

12th Dec 05 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

green is an awful colour on any car. will look forward to seeing progress pics though
ed

12th Dec 05 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dna23
ed how were your arches done? did midas smooth into your arches (the original one's) or were new ones made?

plans sound great by the way mate
They smoothed them in with fibreglass filler and easy sand.. I'm chipping that all off and going over them with chopped strand fibreglassso they don't crack so easily. I would do them in metal, but I don't have any pannel beating skills to roll some metal arches out for it
ed

12th Dec 05 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brycey
Sounds good.

I want lots of little things doing, smooth scuttle,roof rails smoothed,washer jets smoothed and relocated etc etc.

Thanks
I think that it might be worth making the trip to STBODYWORX.com.. They seem to be pretty good at custom stuff like that.
ed

12th Dec 05 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
may i suggest stripping it and ragging it round a track, or would that be silly
Thats the next project... Harry Hockley rear suspension, cage, tuned engine, lightweight stuff and all the rest
Adge

12th Dec 05 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by Brycey
Sounds good.

Thanks
I think that it might be worth making the trip to STBODYWORX.com.. They seem to be pretty good at custom stuff like that.

cheers for the plug ed mate! we will always sort good prices out for cs members!
if u have any problems or need advice ed just get intouch mate! gd luck with project!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Plans For my Car 22 database queries in 0.0159080 seconds