corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I'v just........

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I'v just........
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Dec 05 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

......firstly went for a drive and my rev counter broke, seems it dont like flicking althe way round to 8500rpm to much, never mind! so i got home and decided to fit the shift light i got off DOM off mig ages ago...

only fitted the main control unit so far, it has 3 leds mounted to it and 5 fly leads so i can mount 5 more leds whereever i want.

they light up from left to right, this is it in test mode, hence no oil pressure

then i noticed the mess on my tool box

seems my car is slowly painting everything that is behind it black, how eventful!

now i dont know what to do with the lack of rev counter, it is very handy.... i am considering a few options......

thats my update over
Rileysport

14th Dec 05 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it knackered then ?
broster
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is what knackered? the rev counter, yes.
Corsa E-Tec

14th Dec 05 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i thought, maybe test another one or by another one. is it new?
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, crazy. whats it like revving to 8500 rpm?! don't you get scared?

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Reedy

14th Dec 05 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doh!!
broster
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nar, its the standard 1.6 16v sport dials, they were hitting the stop on the clocks alot, so they must have decided enough was enough, cant see it doing them any good! there is a signal getting to the rev counter but the rev counter wont move. for now i have set the 3 base lights on the shift light to come on at 4k, 6k and 7k, was fiddley setting it up trying to use my multimeter as a rev counter, but it worked!
myke

14th Dec 05 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool lights, but shouldn't they be mounted in direct eye line?
broster
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
lol, crazy. whats it like revving to 8500 rpm?! don't you get scared?

very, now i dont need to know hahaha
Jambo

14th Dec 05 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Broster you should see my white garage door
broster
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
cool lights, but shouldn't they be mounted in direct eye line?

no because the 3 leds are attached to the main control unit, there are 5 fly leads that will allow me to mount 5 more leds where ever i want, just need ot decide what im doing with the dials before i mount them. if i decided to make a little pod then i will mount them in that somewhere where i can see....
broster
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jambo, i could well imagine
dna23

14th Dec 05 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice mark
Jambo

14th Dec 05 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

borster baring in mind that my turbo seals had gone :
broster
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, sounds like my dads garage, he has big patches of oil on the door from his cars, keeps them form going rotten i supose
bradfincham

14th Dec 05 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mount them right in the line of driving, like ontop of the dial shroud in a little box so the sunlight doesnt block the colour from them

Looks good work though mark, i look forward to seing the car in the flesh before long
broster
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
mount them right in the line of driving, like ontop of the dial shroud in a little box so the sunlight doesnt block the colour from them

Looks good work though mark, i look forward to seing the car in the flesh before long

when i have decided what to do with the dials, seems as the rev counter is broken, it was the only dial worth looking at, the fuel gauge depresses me, the speedo well thats for novelty value only, rev counter that moved fast etc... so i may make up a pod similer to the one andy h had (has) then i may remove the dash (SHOCK) and do it all nicely.... all in good time tho. i like the little control module tho, tis pretty cool and easy to access down there near the ecu.
Butler

14th Dec 05 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What purpose do the 3 leds serve exactly, i know rev limiter leds light up as a signal to change gear with only the one light, is it similiar?
broster
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

green comes on at 4000rpm
yellow comes on at 6000rpm
red/pink comes on at 7000rpm

they just let me know how im doing really, i have them just for reference nw as i dont have a rev counter.
Butler

14th Dec 05 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff, should be at eye line though ideally surely
broster
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

garrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, how many times! thats just the base unit! there are fly leads to mount 5 leds where ever i want them, but not doing that till i sort out the rev counter....

anyone else want to ask
James R

14th Dec 05 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you should follow me dash wise you know it's the future.

P.S why not rig up a 7 LED bar as a rev gauge for the time being, 4,5,6,7,8 or something?
Ditch

14th Dec 05 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why mount them down there??
broster
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to but need some leds... i have them at 4,6,7 for now, when i get more ill do something proper, or just bodge my multimeter in lol! how cool! regarding your dash, im tempted..... but not sure, wish i could afford a stack dash also found a stepper motor(attahced to the end of the loom) to wire in my full throttle gear change thingy
broster
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
why mount them down there??

dont

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I'v just........ 23 database queries in 0.0120120 seconds