corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wheels damaged...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wheels damaged...
mwg

User status: Offline
30th Jan 06 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My wheels got damaged today when they had new tyres fitted. All 4 of them have scratches and chips out of them. Should the garage that fitted the tyres pay for me to have them refurbed as they were totally mint before I took it there? Not a mark on them Or are they likely to say that they were either damaged before I took it there or that its not possible to fit tyres without doing some damage? Which is bullshit. I dont know how I go about doing anything about it as its basically my word against theres
Paul H

30th Jan 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make them buy you some new rims.did you tell them about the damage before you drove off or didn't you look??
c20let

30th Jan 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

almost certainly theyll deny it being their fault
mwg

30th Jan 06 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was dark when I picked it up so couldn't see damage. Drove it about 2 miles to a petrol station so I could check tyre pressures and it was when I was doing that under the light in petrol station that I noticed the damage
Jake

30th Jan 06 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take them back as soon as.
mwg

30th Jan 06 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wont get chance to go back till Wednesday now and didn't go back when I found damage as they were closing when I went to pick it up so no body would of been there.
ed

30th Jan 06 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the garage, the ATS garage I go to have a sign up in thier reception saying they cannot fit tyres to alloys. Which is strange because they fittied the tyres to my 18's no problems. THough they should have warned you of this before trying because you need a different type of machine to fit tyres to alloys to prevent chips.
mwg

30th Jan 06 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will have to get pics 2moro if I get chance. I dont know how you fit tyres but it looks like whatever tool they use has slipped and gone round a section of 2 of the wheels scratching them and the others have small chunks out of them again like something has slipped but this time hasn't carried on round the wheel
ClaireF

30th Jan 06 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happened to my brothers wheels, went into do something and both tyres they worked on came back damaged
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

complete bullshit, if the damage was not there before, they are legally responsible to refurb the wheels, that what we have to do if we damage them

also, you dont need a different type of machine to do alloys, you just need a machine which is better than most places have

and ed, ehy did you use ats? they are crap, our place could have done all 4 of your tyres in about half an hour, bolted them back onto the car, and managed to get the tyres the right way round, all for about 40 quid
ed

30th Jan 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing to do is speak to the garage. If they make a fuss get some legal advice because if they didn't have the equipment then they shouldn't have attempted the job. I doubt you signed a disclaimer either
mwg

30th Jan 06 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I didn't sign anything before or after. Looks like I'm gonna have to see what they say. Think I'll phone them 2moro and hope for the best
ed

30th Jan 06 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
complete bullshit, if the damage was not there before, they are legally responsible to refurb the wheels, that what we have to do if we damage them

also, you dont need a different type of machine to do alloys, you just need a machine which is better than most places have

and ed, ehy did you use ats? they are crap, our place could have done all 4 of your tyres in about half an hour, bolted them back onto the car, and managed to get the tyres the right way round, all for about 40 quid
ATS do absolutely anything that doesn't require new tyres/exhausts for free for me. They have done my tyres, re-fitted exhausts, given me new rubbers, balenced my wheels... The list goes on. They rock in my opinion.
mwg

30th Jan 06 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm fairly gutted about it like cos as I say they were mint before hand, always takengood care of them and I've never kerbed them once
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but they are slow are they not? i seem to remember you saying it took ages to fit the tyres?

do they have machines with pneumatic arms, to fit runflats and ultra low profiles, or do they just use levers?
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you payed, did you sign a reciept? you might wanna check what it says... cos ours have small print saying we cant be held responsible for tyre failure blah blah blah
mwg

30th Jan 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was chip and pin card that I paid with so no signature
ed

30th Jan 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, took them a while to fit my tyres. But, they were an utter ball ache. The tyres are narrow and skinny and would take anyone a long time to fit.

I would imagine they are equipped for run-flats as there is probably a market for it in Beaconsfield what with BMW's being a common weapon of choice. Or the one in Wycome will do.
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what size are they ed? cos we do loads of really odd sizes, we had a BMW 645 in last week, which had 295/25 21s on the back, fitted 2 in 15 mins
Jake

30th Jan 06 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rob, when i get some alloys, i want you to bring all that machinery to milton keynes and fit tyres for me.

your welcome, and thanks.
mwg

30th Jan 06 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should of waited till Rob came on his jollies to Cumbria and he could of fitted them for me
ed

30th Jan 06 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh well, mine are 205/30x18's... Took them a while, they were done using a hydraulic tool. No tyre leavers...
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jake, we have a mobile van, im sure we could do that for you, but it would be cheaper for you to come to us.... wouldnt pay the 30 pund callout charge then
Jake

30th Jan 06 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair play. I will let you know. As long as your cheaper than 'central tyres' in MK im no bothered.
mwg

31st Jan 06 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just rung them up now and they are going to get the boss to ring me back when he comes in.

I said I had new tyres fitted by you yesterday and have noticed that all my alloys arenow damaged. The guy just said right and then nothing after that. Almost like what do you want me to do about it?! So I said I want to know what they are gonna do to sort it out. Thats when he said he'll get their boss to ring me back.

Got a feeling they are gonna try and fob me off and I'll end up paying for them myself

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wheels damaged... 22 database queries in 0.0815461 seconds