corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Car salesmen; how much you on?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car salesmen; how much you on?
Carl

User status: Offline
27th Feb 06 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An old friend reckons he brings home £2500 after tax on average, is he bullshitting?! He works for the car people btw.
mav

27th Feb 06 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends how much he sells i would think..

usually shoot basic plus commision.
Mistamist

27th Feb 06 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to take home around that figure. had a basic of £15k and the rest was commission and bonus's
richardworrall
Premium Member

27th Feb 06 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our major competitors!!!!!!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Feb 06 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all commision
Carl

27th Feb 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know the crack, shit basic + commision, just wondered if that was realistic. On of my other mates reckoned it was bullshit, just making sure.
richardworrall
Premium Member

27th Feb 06 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know one of our guys takes home around 3k most months, mind you, we can sell around 200 cars every week!!!!!
J da Silva

27th Feb 06 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a Warrior from my uncle at Mitsubishi not long ago, got talking and he showed me some nice figures, he gets a grand a month basic, but his lowest monthly wage was 2k ish.
corb

27th Feb 06 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really depends. a mate of mine tells me he earnt 66k last year and sold 27 cars in jan. but they have it easy, sell the car then hand it across to a business manager. most places the salesman deals with alot of the paperwork, chasing the car,making sure its ready, following up leads and prospecting. What you would be selling, some manufacturers had it away last year.

Kia did well, and Kia customers arent the most switched on people so oppertunity to have it away on finance commisions, GAP sales, diamondbrite etc.etc. all adds up. But other places, like, ummm, VW, BMW, Honda?? customers are a bit more 'with it' and deals get skinnier and harder. Look at sales figures for last year, think and maybe look to go there. What are the customers generally going to be like? I'd get the hump f i had to work with a typical Audi customer every day!

[Edited on 27-02-2006 by corb]
Pop

27th Feb 06 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon that is a realistic figure that he's taking home ... really depends how his commission scheme works etc
Pop

27th Feb 06 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and i work as a car salesman
corb

27th Feb 06 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its still a heck of a lot of money. if he does do those volumes every month, he'd be on about £140 a car i think. which seems do-able on the margins autoplanet have!
carnoisseurcraig

27th Feb 06 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work for honda. i do about 20-25 cars a month. we are our own business managers so the potential for earnings is massive. If you tick all the boxes ie, decent profit in the car, finance commission, gap sales credit protection and supaguard you can earn 500 quid a car. i average 175 a car. its a good earner but its hard work.

you have to go into work pumped. A good salesman knows what hes doing for the day and has appointments set rather than waitig for the roll over an dies. Thats the people who come in and say, "il have that one in blue" lol
Pop

27th Feb 06 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

craig mate how much do you get for supagard? ... my comission work out at a set figure depending on the cost of the vehicle then i get percentages on accessories sold etc
corb

27th Feb 06 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard an interesting comment yesterday. a salesman from another branch was covering at ours for the day and said 'you get a lot of "whats your best price" people over here'. Apparently they dont normally get that, obviosly a stumbling block for our area and product! Internet shoppers, dont even get me started on them!
carnoisseurcraig

27th Feb 06 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye. i get a percentage on accessories. 8% of the total. I charge £300 for a supaguard thats with key care cover and i get 75 quid back. gap i only get 35 quid but its an easy sale.

The car trade is the only place where you will go in and refuse to pay the screen price. Im gonna go into tesco and argue about the shoping bill this week. See wot they say. lol
Pop

27th Feb 06 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
i heard an interesting comment yesterday. a salesman from another branch was covering at ours for the day and said 'you get a lot of "whats your best price" people over here'. Apparently they dont normally get that, obviosly a stumbling block for our area and product! Internet shoppers, dont even get me started on them!

nah i don't get people like that .. although i've yet to see a customer with a happy face after i tell them what their car is worth in part exchange
corb

27th Feb 06 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£75 on Supaguard thats good! What margins do you guys get to deal with? (pm?)
Pop

27th Feb 06 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by carnoisseurcraig
aye. i get a percentage on accessories. 8% of the total. I charge £300 for a supaguard thats with key care cover and i get 75 quid back. gap i only get 35 quid but its an easy sale.

The car trade is the only place where you will go in and refuse to pay the screen price. Im gonna go into tesco and argue about the shoping bill this week. See wot they say. lol

sell supagard for £300 and get £50 off that ... GAP i can't remember lol and finance depends on the finance code

oh and i work with mazda, volvo and jag

[Edited on 27-02-2006 by Pop]
carnoisseurcraig

27th Feb 06 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:

nah i don't get people like that .. although i've yet to see a customer with a happy face after i tell them what their car is worth in part exchange

LOL, its priceless. I love that bit thou. Thats when the bartering comes in cos if you have done a good job in sucking them into your car them bartering over money is a piece of piss.

its handy when you have decent money in the car your flogging them. LOL
corb

27th Feb 06 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop

i give up with them now. i'll always ask how much they want and most say i dont how much its worth, then when you tell them' Its worth more than that' but just now they didnt know how much its worth i laugh at them!
Pop

27th Feb 06 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah when u know how much they think it's worth it makes it a lot easier ... but damn some people are way off the mark
corb

27th Feb 06 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont you find though, you do a top job of getting them away from the competitor car but you know that theyre just gonna go buy a Honda off the net somewhere cheaper than you'll supply it at? or dont you get that with hondas?

jag?? wanker customers?
carnoisseurcraig

27th Feb 06 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know. god knows where they get their figures from.

I trick i use is find out what they want to spend. I usually go on price to change but some people are part exchange oriantated. These are the people who are usually driving renaults, pugs etc and have no idea of depreciation
carnoisseurcraig

27th Feb 06 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
dont you find though, you do a top job of getting them away from the competitor car but you know that theyre just gonna go buy a Honda off the net somewhere cheaper than you'll supply it at? or dont you get that with hondas?

jag?? wanker customers?

dont get that with honda's. You cant buy them new from the net. Plus the geography of where i stay is a bonus. We are the only dealer in the highlands plus we just bought glenvarigall in aberdeen so we have the east coast of scotland tied up as well.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Car salesmen; how much you on? 22 database queries in 0.0165272 seconds