corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » ** SOLD ** 2000 Corsa B, 20XE, 5door - LOTS SPENT

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ** SOLD ** 2000 Corsa B, 20XE, 5door - LOTS SPENT
TOMAS

User status: Offline
   3rd Apr 06 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've posted a few times now - my pride and joy must be sold!
It's been litterally stood in my garage for the past 6 months and as I no longer drive it, it should be sold!

It's currently SORN and MOT'd until Nov 06. This car has been fully re-registered as a 2.0 16V engine with the DVLA.

Spec:-

Chassis
Corsa B, 5 door GLS model in Arden Blue.
Original car has done approx 65,000 miles and has been owned since new by me.

Exterior
Kamei front grill, FK clear lense/black insert 'Euro' headlamps with Kamei brows, Storm single wiper, debadged, bodycoloured handles and bumpstrips, window tinting.

Wheels/Tyres/Brakes
16 x 7 Mille Miglia Ravia alloys, 195/40/16 Dunlop SP9000 rears and 195/40/16 Pirelli P-Zero fronts (all very good). Front Vectra V6 disc/ pad and caliper conversion (288mm) and Goodridge Stainless Braided lines all-round.

Suspension/Handling
Front:-
Harry Hockley Motorsport (tarmac rally spec) front coilovers with Bilstein's 40mm damper inserts and 290lb 2.25" coilsprings (lowered approx 45mm).
Front ARB removed. TAS Motorsport billet alloy eccenticated specrical bearing topmounts. Polly bushes with re-coated wishbones and tie rods.

Rear:-
Spax RSX 28pt adjustable short dampers with Spax RSX uprated road springs (lowered approx 60mm). Std ARB present and rubber bushes.

Engine
Mk3 Astra GSi 20XE engine, converted to run the later DIS-Pack. Engine in 'standard' tune. Rubber 'elbow' air intake with cotton filter. Standard F20 5 speed box. Cossvaux driveshafts and hubs. Recently built custom exhaust system by P.D Gough Exhausts (2.25" bore/3 silencer/ high grade stainless/twin chrome 3" pipes (subtle).

Interior
Full Richbrook accessorized interior (gaiters, knobs, tax disc, handles etc).
Selective colour-coding on various interior parts (Arden Blue). Cobra Suzuka GT (composite/fixed back/FIA approxed) bucket seats with Sparco Sidemounts. Sabelt racing harnesses - 3pt passenger/ 4pt driver (FIA approved/3" webbing/aircraft buckle/non-street legal) with Harry Hockley shell reinforced eye-bolt fixings. Sabelt 2kg powder extinguisher (tunnel mounted).

Toys
Full multi-media system comprising of:-
Alpine 6.5" dash mounted stand-alone screen
Alipine 7998R component head unit (fold-out, 1.5 DIN in size and pre-out only)
2 x Alpine 12" type R woofers, each in 0.8 cube sealed boxes
2 x Alpine MRD M500 mono amplifiers (each giving approx 400wrms to each Type R woofer) - these have hit approx 143dB in the last sound-off I entered.
1 x Alpine T420 2 channel amplifier driving Infinity Reference 17cm components upfront, custom kick-pannel mounted tweeters.
Panasonic stand-alone DVD player, professionally mounted in glovebox to give 'factory' look.
Alpine TV tuner.

I am looking for £3,000.00 ONO for my car. I can assure you that I have looked after it very well, those on the boards who have met me can confirm. As you will see from the Spec above, I have also spent an awful lot on it too!

I have been a member on this board since the early days and a quick search under my username will give you a step-by-step documented evidence of the history this car has.

Anyone who is interested please U2U me. I am happy for anyone who is very interested to come and view/inspect the car in my garage at Nottingham.

The car has never been involved in any kind of accident, or bump.

Bad Points:-
The bonnet has a few stone chips, to be expected for 65K miles.
The engine sump is leaky, either top-up with oil every so often or have the sump gasket replaced.
The engines hydraulic lifters are noisey for approx the first 4 mintes after startup from cold (very,very common with these engines).
Due to informing DVLA of engine conversion, it is in the higher taxation bracket.
Insurance would be expensive for the younger driver due to having a non-corsa engine conversion.

I understand that its virtually impossible to sell a car without photos, so I will have somebody that can host post them up shortly.

Thanks for reading.

[Edited on 23-04-2006 by TOMAS]

[Edited on 14-05-2006 by TOMAS]
Mattss Corsa

3rd Apr 06 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this that blue 5 dr xe? As i think i know the one your on about, think i saw u at a meet once off here, it's mint. good luck with sale!
TOMAS

6th Apr 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It made a trip down to PVS last year? Did you see it there, or at a Pod/Northants meet?

Bump, pics being sorted now...
Mattss Corsa

6th Apr 06 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright mate, send them when youve sorted
Adam-D

6th Apr 06 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car is mint
TNM

8th Apr 06 at 02:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tom send them to me and i will post them.
TOMAS

20th Apr 06 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump...
mentalcorsa

22nd Apr 06 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there ya go tom
TOMAS

23rd Apr 06 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump... pics now up

Will take £2700.00 ono...
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Apr 06 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is truley mint this car, saw it at a northants meet once and it is very clean and has had alot spent on it!
TOMAS

23rd Apr 06 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, bump...
MarkM

23rd Apr 06 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Serious bit of car for 2700
TOMAS

23rd Apr 06 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its cheap, there seems to be no market for second hand cars. Reason its cheap is that it does need a little bit of work on it (leaky sump) but I assure you that anyone will struggle to find a car this age in such a good condition. This is mainly because its always lived in a garage overnight etc.
Suppose I could describe it as "my youth on four wheels"
Sad to see it go but have a new car now (Astra Sport-Hatch) which I always use.
TOMAS

24th Apr 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
mentalcorsa

27th Apr 06 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump for tom
RichR
Premium Member

28th Apr 06 at 00:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this car Tomas - wheels are fantastic - If I hadn't gone off Corsas ( dont ask) then I'd have snapped your hand off
mav

28th Apr 06 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh might buy it for the missus... really nice mate for a 5 door, sure you'll get what you want for it..
Wrighty

28th Apr 06 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much for kamei grill
CorsAsh

28th Apr 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it mav

One of the best 5 doors this car, and the first CS member's motor I ever saw in real life
TOMAS

28th Apr 06 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohh, just one other thing. The subframes for the buckets are custom built by me and due to the design (and it being a 5 door) they dont slide forward much, anyone shorter that about 5' 9" might struggle to work the pedals properly without modification to the subframes.

Cheers for all the positive comments guys, frightening when I think about how much effort I put into this car!
mentalcorsa

28th Apr 06 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TURBO IT .....................

i feel tom will kill me later
mav

29th Apr 06 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seats don't go forward to much missus is only 5ft 2
TOMAS

30th Apr 06 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL, forget the pedals, she wont see over the wheel. The buckets are virtually on the floor to improve weight distribution... They can be adjusted and raised by about 3" though LOL.
mentalcorsa

1st May 06 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up for tomas
mentalcorsa

2nd May 06 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

<<  1    2  >>
Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » ** SOLD ** 2000 Corsa B, 20XE, 5door - LOTS SPENT 24 database queries in 0.0162060 seconds