corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Use laquer or not?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Use laquer or not?
J4M13

User status: Offline
14th May 06 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im currently at the stage of re-furbishing my own wheels, iv just finshed spraying them and dotn know weather or not to use laquer, iv read a few comments about not to use it on here so im a bit confused. will it ruin the paint finish?(making it duller etc?

there like this atm -
ECCLESri
Banned

14th May 06 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people say that u shudnt but i always thought it would help prevent the wheels from stone chips and all that. surely its better to use laquer than not doing
Lil_John
Banned

14th May 06 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've used the paint for alloy then you dont need it , but only if you've done it right and in layers.

laquer would just bring down the colour and make them look dull.

Best keeping them shiny if i were you cos they look brilliant as they are!

J4M13

14th May 06 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i thought that it sounds like the right thing to do using laquer, but last time i used laquer on my door handles after spraying, they went dull and crappy. you would think that the paint will erode though not having any laquer on.
ECCLESri
Banned

14th May 06 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a tough one then. maybe just leave them as they are and if and when they start to fuck up, re-done them and use laquer that time and see the difference.
J4M13

14th May 06 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think im just gunna leave them as they are without laquer. all i need now is my car back and repaired ready for wheels to go on haha
ECCLESri
Banned

14th May 06 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u dont know who i am jamie lol but is paul fixing/getting the parts for ur car or have u found someone else to do it? just being nosey like and at 2am there isnt much converstaion going on
J4M13

14th May 06 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, alrite paul. ya not get my txt's? i sent one saying i didnt need parts, i bought a sh**ter for £40 to get all parts off and to sell on rest of car etc. its in the bodyshop now, should be ready by tuesday, proper needed my car sorting, cost is going to be around £500 though!!
ECCLESri
Banned

14th May 06 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no im not paul lol. im just a good mate of his.

and iv just remembered seeing that u had a corsa for sale so that explains why u bought that lol, to fix ur car of course.

at least itl be sorted soon tho when u first bought it tho u said on here u wer gettin some speedlines and coilovers i think, what happened to that idea?
J4M13

14th May 06 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right lol. yeh i was about to start saving for speedlines but realised that it would be atleast next year when i can afford them with having to pay off holiday and other things etc. so decided to re-furb these wheels that were on it when i got it. iv also got a rieger rs kit sat in my room ready to go on around september aswell as a full re-spray in black. as with coilovers, i went for the cheaper option and bought my best mates (pauls bro) 60mm springs off him for now.
ECCLESri
Banned

14th May 06 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt realise u had a kit waiting to go on, and reiger kit, gd choice

ye i notcied u took alans springs lol, its looking well standard at the mo. its about time those 2 got of their arses and got that other red corsa fixed and instea dof havin 3 fucked corsas, they need to get 2 mint corsas runnin

oh and tell him to spray his fuckin boot lol, he bought that off me about 12months ago
J4M13

14th May 06 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, yeah tell me about it. so by any chance is this 'Dave'?
i tryed persuading alan that selling me his tailgate was the right thing to do seen as im gunna get it done and i have a black corsa lol, he wont though :-(.

[Edited on 14-05-2006 by J4M13]

ECCLESri
Banned

14th May 06 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its dave

and ye he needs to either spray it or sell it. preferably to paul tho hes buying my buckets aswell soon, so when and if he gets that sri on the road it should be looking failry mint soon.
J4M13

14th May 06 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice. is it you who had the extended bonnet i was wanting to buy? paul asked one of his mates but i think he said you didnt have it anymore, i well wanted it! lol
ECCLESri
Banned

14th May 06 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye it was me. that corsa i had is still around,a mechanic is basically storing it for me. its kind of half mine, half his and i expect its still got the skirts, bonnet etc. il have to go down one day and see if everything is as i left it and see if i (or u) can buy whatever u want of it. il go down one nite with paul and see if hes there or not. i havnt seen that car for months now. he said he was goin to get it sorted for its MOT over xmas, but i bet its still as i left it
J4M13

14th May 06 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, whats with the half yours, half his thing? lol. yeah if you could manage to get the bonnet that would be great. how much would you want for it if you got it?
ECCLESri
Banned

14th May 06 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u'd
J4M13

14th May 06 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was a realy nice looking motor ya corsa. can remember alan showing it me ages ago lol. i thought paul was after buying another nova? and was also talks about putting the 2ltr in his corsa a few months back. im confused to what his plans are nowadays haha

ECCLESri
Banned

14th May 06 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no my corsa was crap lol!

he still looks on ebay and trader everyday for a nova, hel get one sooner or later and hes got that 2ltr somewhere but iv known him for just over 2 years and even then he said he was goin to put a valver in and he still hasnt got round to it

il reply to the u2u when my laptop decides that it wants top open it lol, its being a dick at the mo
J4M13

14th May 06 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol ok. how was it crap? looks nice form the pics. alan found one on ebay for him the other week, dont know if he showed him or not though, the blue sr he had last year was nice untill the rust started etc damn quick aswell.
ECCLESri
Banned

14th May 06 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was slow, mis-fired constantly and the kit was just way OTT for my liking. and ye that blue sri was nice at first until it he messed with those 17s n realsied the arches wer full of filler and then had something wrong with the front of the car. paul was telling me last week how much he regrets stripping that car. he ended upw ith 2 fucked novas ready for the scrapyard. oh well lol. hel get another one soon, hes paul-nova and always said how much he hated corsas so doubt hel keep it long
J4M13

14th May 06 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh hes had quite a few nova's has paul, can remember his first ever car, a white 1.2 nova, spilt a full bottle of wine in it and it smelt like wine for months haha. he hasnt had very much good luck with nova's so far eh lol. i used to say i hated corsa's aswell and then i went and bought one lol. im planning on sticking a valver in it next year if i can afford insurance when im 19 with 2yrs ncb. i thought paulw as keeping that engine in you unit?

ECCLESri
Banned

14th May 06 at 02:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes had 9 or something lol, did u hang on cav car park years ago when he had his white one cos i used to be up there everynite then but i never talked to him.

and that 2.0ltr in my unit was sold last year to some guy in keighley and he left it outside for months with no cover over it and then fitted it to his car and then wondered why it didnt work lol

oh if ur on about keeping it in my unit, i think its at someone elses. iv never seen that 8v he has but i know hes still got it sumwer
J4M13

14th May 06 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh. nope, never been to the cav. think you might have been on a carpark in clitheroe when i pulled up next to the car paul was in (think it was a corsa). alan was in my car at the time, im sure i sure ya vtr was there aswell. we were in a green pug 106.

ECCLESri
Banned

14th May 06 at 02:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye i remember seeing u on sainsburys in clitheroe. not sure about being in a green 106 tho iv only ever been in one once lol and im sure it wasnt that night. i wud had been in my car or my mates 206, but its irrelevant really lol

anyway mate, its fuckin nearly half 3 in the morning so think im goin bed now. il talk to u later and get that car back on the road and tell alan to get off his lazy ass and try and fix that corsa

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Use laquer or not? 22 database queries in 0.0155568 seconds