corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » whats more important? **now with outcome of what happened on page 2****

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats more important? **now with outcome of what happened on page 2****
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
1st Aug 06 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a job that you really enjoy but the pay is just ok

or a job that does your head in every day but pays really well

[Edited on 02-08-2006 by Dave A]
Robin
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A.
Robin
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd rather work for just enough money to cover my bills and keep me going, and really enjoy the job, than hate my job but get paid more than i need
Dave A

1st Aug 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im seriously thinking about jacking in my job tomorrow.
Robin
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but... can you afford to? have you got something else sorted?
John

1st Aug 06 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have the money.
Just save all the excess up and then you dont' have to work for as long.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Aug 06 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of both. If the money is boss then its worth sticking out but also job satisfaction is a big part of it, depends what else is available as well.
kz

1st Aug 06 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
im seriously thinking about jacking in my job tomorrow.

i feel this way everyday but i have no choice until my loans paid off!
Robin
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i jacked my job in months ago, and im still looking... it was a stupid mistake really, i'm really struggling for money now. should have sorted another job first...

and i dont have as many bills as you Dave
Shelly
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Job that you love.
CorsAsh

1st Aug 06 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Working at Gap for £9/h sutied me fine at christmas, paid well enough to offset the tedium. Couldn't still be doing that now though, I'd hang myself.

Hopefull, having gone and got a degree, I'll get paid well for doing what I love
abdus

1st Aug 06 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A

Dom

1st Aug 06 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, no point being unhappy and stressed, working all hours for money that you can never spend because you're always stuck in the office!
A Decent job that offers enough money to allow you enjoy it outside work hours is the way to go
Kathryn W

1st Aug 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the present moment in time B. I need a job, and i need a job that pays good no matter if i like it or not
Jules

1st Aug 06 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm lucky in that I really like my job and it pays quite well, but before my first three years the pay wasn't that good compared to my previous job (which I hated) - i still prefered my current job though.
So I'd also say go for a job that you like.
Ry_B
Banned

1st Aug 06 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Ian. A bit of both, you can't hate it but at the same time no one loves their job and good pay is rewarding
Jules S
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is possible to get both.

Agree with Rob though, dont walk until you have something else lined up
Dave A

1st Aug 06 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but I can walk into another job tomorrow as well If I like but it would be a drop in pay of £20k a year

a year ago I started with this company and since then I have been the most succesfull designer/ sales rep thay have had. I consistently write twice as much business as anybody else and I have written over 1.2 million pounds worth of buisiness.

when I started there i was a self employed consultant for the company, I could come and go as I pleased. Now that they forced me to go employed 6 months ago they gave me a 'clocking in card' and defined hours of work.

recently they gave me a verbal warning for not clocking in and out at lunch and being consistently late (never more than 5 mins) when I explained that that has nothing to do with my ability and to do my job properly, and that I was the most valuble asset the department has and that I work better when I am not constrained by rules and pathetic office politics, and mentioned that half the companies employees (mainly the women)waste hours every day searching for shite on e-bay and reading cosmopolitan and chatting. they replied that my attitude is all wrong and that I must work by their rules.

Is it just my place or do other employers whinge about the most pathetic things even if you do your job properly and meet your targets etc...
Robin
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok... a drop of 20 grand is a lot to throw away.... BUT, can you get by on the reduced money, would it cover all your outgoings? and would you enjoy the new job considerably more?
SVM 286

1st Aug 06 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if your job is REALY shit AND doesn't pay enough?
Sam
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They sound gay, hand in your notice.
Dave A

1st Aug 06 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
ok... a drop of 20 grand is a lot to throw away.... BUT, can you get by on the reduced money, would it cover all your outgoings? and would you enjoy the new job considerably more?

yes, I could still afford to do most things etc.. but wether I would be happier is unknown at present.

I HATE WORKING IN AN OFFICE

I might just tell them im going to quit unless they give me back my old self employed status. I was 10x happier then, and I keep the income as well.
Jules S
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
They sound gay, hand in your notice.

true,

But he must be on a fair amount of £££, and he's in sales.

Nasty cut throat world that
Jules

1st Aug 06 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your pay work related or do you get the same amount each month regardless?

If it's the latter then play them at their own game - Turn up on time, clock in and out when you have to but take a magazine to work, read it at times, browse CS/eBay, generally do enough to stick within their rules but do as little to suit you.
Robin
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, try that, you wont have lost anything if you have another job in line, and you never know, they might agree

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » whats more important? **now with outcome of what happened on page 2**** 22 database queries in 0.0175488 seconds