corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What the fcuk!!! **update page 5**

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What the fcuk!!! **update page 5**
JadeM
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 06 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is going on in our NHS?!

My gran is 87- she had a really bad fall during the night on Sat/Sun. She badly cut her leg and couldn't move because she had injured her back. She lives alone and had been lying on the floor from 4.00am till 9.30 when her carer found her.

An amulance arrived and they decided to take her to a hospital outwith our 'catchment area' because of the back injury.

She was admitted to hospital at 10.15am on Sunday and up untill this morning she still hadn't been admitted to a medical ward. She was put into an emergency recieving unit, and has lay there since Sunday with no Medical attention apart from being administered Morphine for the pain. The reason - they have no beds in the Medical Tower

We asked for them to move her to another hospital so she could get the care she needs and DESERVES!!!!. They said no way, we would just need to wait till a bed is free!!

We contacted our MSP yesterday - we were advised late last night she 'may' get moved to another hospital.

Mum has just phoned and been told that gran has been moved, but they have no note of where she has been moved too!!!!

They are now frantically trying to find out where she is

Sorry for the rant

Jade.

[Edited on 21-08-2006 by JadeM]

[Edited on 21-08-2006 by JadeM]
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo

2nd Aug 06 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to 2006 Britain, where in order to receive proper medical treatment you must adhere to these conditions:

1. You must not have been born here
2. You musnt have a native accent
3. You must be of eastern european/asian descent
4. You must be paying no or less tax than the people waiting for the beds
5. If you do not adhere to these above, you can be a criminal and jump to space 1

Sorry to hear that Jade, its disgusting. No excuses!
Gg_mf

2nd Aug 06 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can understand how you feel. Its disgusting. Hope she is ok.
Pablo

2nd Aug 06 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The whole thing is a fcuking joke!
SXi_Tim

2nd Aug 06 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same old story, bet she has payed tax all her life aswell and she gets this treatment
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We feel so helpless, it was like a cattle market in that ward. Poor old soul, an animal would be treated better!!
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXi_Tim
Same old story, bet she has payed tax all her life aswell and she gets this treatment

Yes she has, and now when she needs them they couldn't give a flying fcuk!!!
Jambo

2nd Aug 06 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3CorsaMeal

2nd Aug 06 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its sickening, something needs doing

my grandad is dead because of the hospitals etc

he got wrong treatment and was basically neglected

i can see how people take extreme action to get their points across
Mad Moe

2nd Aug 06 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair we are lucky to have the NHS, free healthcare is a something we all take forgranted in my opinion. Granted the administration of the system is appalling however people would kick off even more if they had to pay for it
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
its sickening, something needs doing

my grandad is dead because of the hospitals etc

he got wrong treatment and was basically neglected

i can see how people take extreme action to get their points across

Sorry to hear that, if it hadn't been for the fact my gran has a back injury, we would have taken her out of their ourselves. Thats exactly whats worrying us, that they'll just leave her to die cos it looks like they just don't care
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
To be fair we are lucky to have the NHS, free healthcare is a something we all take forgranted in my opinion. Granted the administration of the system is appalling however people would kick off even more if they had to pay for it

LUCKY!!!!

FFS it's not free, she and her family have paid into it all there working lives!!! And if the way she's been treated is termed 'healthcare' then god help us!!!!

[Edited on 02-08-2006 by JadeM]
ssj_kakarot

2nd Aug 06 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i agree nhs is just shoot now, however, the majority of the people who work for the nhs, well doctors nurses ect do a really good job, unfortunetly its labour and the rediculous ammount of red tape and crappy targets and regulations that they have introduced that is crippling the service, not the actual people who spend there lives trying to help people.
SXi_Tim

2nd Aug 06 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Free? You obviously live up to your name if you think that, its all included in the tax we pay, probably one of the reasons why we pay so much.
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
yeah i agree nhs is just shoot now, however, the majority of the people who work for the nhs, well doctors nurses ect do a really good job, unfortunetly its labour and the rediculous ammount of red tape and crappy targets and regulations that they have introduced that is crippling the service, not the actual people who spend there lives trying to help people.

Yes I have to agree there, the doctors and nurses are not to blame in this case

Lack of cash and basic management skills are the root of the problem!!
Mad Moe

2nd Aug 06 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't say your families personal circumstances haven't been a failing of the system merely pointed out that we are lucky to have an NHS service regardless of your narrow pointed view which has understandably been clouded by you the situation regarding your Gran.
3CorsaMeal

2nd Aug 06 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have to pay more tax each month then i do towards my debts and rent

then it seems we got fcuked upon as we get older
leeshez

2nd Aug 06 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This country is going to the dogs.
3CorsaMeal

2nd Aug 06 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it seems whoever you speak to thinks the same

how has it happened? why has it been allowed to happened?

i wanna be the leader of the revolution
SXi_Tim

2nd Aug 06 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I didn't say your families personal circumstances haven't been a failing of the system merely pointed out that we are lucky to have an NHS service regardless of your narrow pointed view which has understandably been clouded by you the situation regarding your Gran.

TBH i'd rather pay for the service as and when i need it rather than pay for it all my life, so when i do need the hospital, something actually happens when i get there.
Mad Moe

2nd Aug 06 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXi_Tim
quote:

Free? You obviously live up to your name if you think that, its all included in the tax we pay, probably one of the reasons why we pay so much.

Do you honestly think that even if we were required to have medical insurance as a majority of countries are that the tax used to subside the NHS wouldn't simply be used for something else. I would also imagine the apportionment of your tax used to fund the NHS would be significantly cheaper than having mandatory private health care
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Sorry but I don't believe we are LUCKY to have an NHS service that day in day out fails to give basic healthcare to those in need. It happens far too often!!! All working people pay into the NHS throughout there working lives and expect the care to be there for them when needed
Mad Moe

2nd Aug 06 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
quote:

Sorry but I don't believe we are LUCKY to have an NHS service that day in day out fails to give basic healthcare to those in need. It happens far too often!!! All working people pay into the NHS throughout there working lives and expect the care to be there for them when needed

I think you'll find that there are millions in this country who would disagree that the NHS is a waste of time. What is the alternative? We are all required to take out private medical cover? What about the people who could not afford it? They would be in a worse state than they are now and people would be wingening that the NHS no longer existed

[Edited on 02-08-2006 by Mad Moe]
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So are you saying the current state of the NHS is acceptable?!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What the fcuk!!! **update page 5** 22 database queries in 0.0095699 seconds