corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Oulton Park TD last friday (pics + vids)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oulton Park TD last friday (pics + vids)
Adam_B

User status: Offline
4th Nov 06 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow, what an ace circuit Oulton Park is. Ive driven it before but it was years ago, i had forgotten how good it is flows so well and is very fast! Had a brilliant day in the corsa, it performed really well on the R888s and didnt miss a beat.

I didnt really have any moments, my mate Lee managed to spin his MR2 whilst getting tuition from a proper race driver tho Had a caterham pull out infront of me at about 100mph, car nearly did an endo i was on the brakes that hard! There was a lotus elise there and either they thought my car is well good so i dont have to pull over for a crappy corsa even though its kicking my arse all over the track or it was there first trackday i dont know. quite anoying after 1 full lap you have to drive around them, same goes for the old boy in the caterham.

I could feel the back of the car twitching in a couple of places but it never felt like it was really going to let go, under braking into lodge, old hall and coming out of knickerbrook. Probably could have got it sideways but Oulton is not a forgiving track with minimal run off at the best of places, coming out of lodge the barrier comes in right to the edge of the track as an unfortunate Noble owner found out I also had squirel run out in front of me at about 90 coming out of Druids

Lisa made a new friend with Phil in his £1k porsche 924, they shared banter about redtops, really old porsches and active yaw control What an ace car the 924 is, front engined, RWD and the gearbox mounted on the rear axel. 2lt 8v from a VW LT van The handling was unreal, was easily the fastest non trailer puff road car there. Phil can really drive it, he was there on his own but after meeting us i think hes got about 5 new best friends

Cheers to Lisa, Gaz and the face man for helping me out with tyres and stuff, hopefully they got some decent pics as i was having far too much fun driving Have got a shit load of videos to go through now and edit.

Videos-

Couple of laps before we stopped for dinner, 5mins.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=147679435280089846

few late in the day with tom from IMOC, unfortunatly the batteries ran out so this is short as well

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8349220074729654148

and one from the helmet cam worn by Paul. This has the caterham pulling out infront of me coming down to knickerbrook. The sound quality is quite shit but its intresting.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7566315290945560876

all the pics-

http://public.fotki.com/Adamski/car_stuff/track_stuff/2006/easytrack-outon-park-/

[Edited on 06-11-2006 by Adam_B]
Robin
Premium Member

4th Nov 06 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was it the full circuit, or the slightly shorter one, or the short one?

sounds like it was a good day
Adam_B

4th Nov 06 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

full circuit, shell oils corner is immense. took me back to the carousell at the nurburgring. Only good
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Nov 06 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for taking me round!

was impressed not alot of understeer

but did feel the back twitch a few times
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

4th Nov 06 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam, why the change of wheels, not the Prorace 2's anymore?

and did you get any pics of the Noble after the accident?
Adam_B

4th Nov 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pro race 2s have road tyres, the ATS wheels have Toyo R888 track tyres, they make a hell of a difference I only took the 4 pics above sorry
Robin
Premium Member

4th Nov 06 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how was it with the wheel offset?
Adam_B

4th Nov 06 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fine ish. had some rubbing on the passenger rear coming out of lodge. Im thinking of selling the rims for something with a more favorable offset.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Nov 06 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im getting 16" fox evo 1's next week you want them?

same as mine but silver
Adam_B

4th Nov 06 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no ta, too big
Adam_B

4th Nov 06 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple of videos added
Gaz

5th Nov 06 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first of all, i would like to say a MASSIVE thank you to Adam for inviting me and taking me onto the track (wish i could have been in it later in the day once he got faster but nevermind)

Thanks to lisa also for getting my in other cars haha!! Poshe was ace! and a top man too

The day was amazing, brilliant sun, fast flowing track and funny banter.

I taken a few pictures too.. I have randomly uploaded thse.. sorry if they are crap but i cannot be awrsed going through them..

This was funking fast.....

Once again a massive thankyou to Adam, I will deffinatly be doing one next year, such a buzz.

[Edited on 05-11-2006 by Gaz]
J200RSA

5th Nov 06 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adam what strut brace is that?
Adam_B

5th Nov 06 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Raid HP or something.

Some superb pics gaz, the one of me chasing lee is cool
Gaz

5th Nov 06 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is
"Martin" in the MR2 MK1
Adam_B
"Lee" in the MR2

These were our main group going into the first corner...

Qualtiy moment, Crap Quality

[Edited on 05-11-2006 by Gaz]
A.Nam

5th Nov 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good pics and vids lads, i was there. i had a little look around your cars (adam/gaz) both nice. i think i clocked you at round the 2.14's adam, seemed to be going well. i was with the lads in the nexia(c20xe) had a good day nice track and weather, i will come over and have a chat next time.
Gaz

5th Nov 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A.Nam
good pics and vids lads, i was there. i had a little look around your cars (adam/gaz) both nice. i think i clocked you at round the 2.14's adam, seemed to be going well. i was with the lads in the nexia(c20xe) had a good day nice track and weather, i will come over and have a chat next time.

I seen that bloody thing, lol wondered what was in it haha!

i'll see if i have a pic of it...
A.Nam

5th Nov 06 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
quote:

I seen that bloody thing, lol wondered what was in it haha!

i'll see if i have a pic of it...

lol yea its just a nexia shell running full astra GTE gear, even dash and dials lol
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Nov 06 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw you there

said to gaz i recognised the car
Daimo B

6th Nov 06 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See, this is where all the real funs to be had....

Bombing down a road just isn't as fun or as safe these days... Either nutcase driver doing 30 in the outside lane, or Big Brother watching through the cameras.

Track days are the way forward. Adams the king Corsa Trackday person at the moment

So, whens it coming off the road for winter goodies? Or are you still saving for the other parts?
Doug

6th Nov 06 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Such an ace track

Will be there in early december drifting

Looks like you had a good day and some ace cars there!!
Adam_B

6th Nov 06 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=907784999899969746&hl=en

10 min one, check the mong in the mundano and the cool little metro
Adam_B

6th Nov 06 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

the Nexia comes past me in the vid where im with tom from imoc, i braked for old hall and felt something under my feet, bloody sunglasses fell out the pocket thing near my gearstick
Adam_B

6th Nov 06 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
See, this is where all the real funs to be had....

Bombing down a road just isn't as fun or as safe these days... Either nutcase driver doing 30 in the outside lane, or Big Brother watching through the cameras.

Track days are the way forward. Adams the king Corsa Trackday person at the moment

So, whens it coming off the road for winter goodies? Or are you still saving for the other parts?

probably wont, i think i might have sold the tbs, car will only be off the road a few days while i do the gearbox. tis my daily driver
Adam_B

6th Nov 06 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This ones a cracker, out with Lisa, 2nd lap, her door isnt shut properly, then we nearly overshoot Foulstons chicane, then at about 4.18 on the vid as we go under the bridge after druids a bloody squirel runs across the track right in front of the car

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8710852734767826742

[Edited on 06-11-2006 by Adam_B]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Oulton Park TD last friday (pics + vids) 22 database queries in 0.0234540 seconds