corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » opinions on Pug 106 Gti's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author opinions on Pug 106 Gti's
DaNnY_LaD

User status: Offline
   12th Dec 06 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking in too buying one when the corsa goes...
Problem is I dnt want it to be any slower than my Xe corsa...0-60 times ect as i couldnt live with goin back to a slow car..

Any comments..?

[Edited on 12-12-2006 by DaNnY_LaD]
Ajones_17

12th Dec 06 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just as fast as you corsa up to 90mph, and thats in standard form. They respond very well to breathing mods. Introduce any corners and the corsa will end up in a ditch trying to keep up
Reedy

12th Dec 06 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaNnY_LaD
Im looking in too buying one when the corsa goes...
Problem is I dnt want it to be any slower than my Xe corsa...0-60 times ect as i couldnt live with goin back to a slow car..

Any comments..?

[Edited on 12-12-2006 by DaNnY_LaD]

advice would be mate to get a none molested example and get a ram induction kit ( possibly the ecosse version ) then get a full exhaust ( with decat ) and then 4-2-1 raceland manifold ( off ebay for £125 ) then you wont even think about your xe anymore
Fad

12th Dec 06 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be similar performance to the XE up to 70 but after that you will notice the difference in how you have to drive them.

To get a GTi/VTS to go quick it means thrashing it withing every inch of its life where as with the XE torque is in abundance.

if you want something fun to drive get the 106 however if you are worried about taking a step back in performance terms look elsewhere as after owning a valver Corsa the last thing you want is a car you have to mod to make it quicker.

Cupra Steve
Banned

13th Dec 06 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i'm not disappointed with the performance, wot i've lost in a straight line i've more than made up round the bends, had a play with a glanza v last nite, on a fast but twisty road, and although he was marginally quicker, a tiny amount, i out braked him and could corner so much faster, he ended up overtaking me and the 3 cars in front of me which i wasn't goona do but stopped and asked me what i had done to it, i just said it had an induction kit and exhaust, he couldn't believe i beat him, he claimed his had 170bhp. i doubt it but still, great little cars. so much fun.
Cupra Steve
Banned

13th Dec 06 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plus the one your looking at has everything on it you need!
neiliosxi

13th Dec 06 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God here we go again!!

I have owned a Gti for over a year, its a cracking little car, its very light making it nippy but i wouldnt liek to be in one if crashed at more than 50mph!
Like Reedy said, try to get an un-molestered example, i did and it took me best part of 3 months to find a decent car with no mods.
Baskey

13th Dec 06 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good cars, a couple of my mates have them and they go really well, good choice, although you can get clio 172's for 3.5k now, all the fun of the gti but with loads more low down grunt
neiliosxi

13th Dec 06 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
good cars, a couple of my mates have them and they go really well, good choice, although you can get clio 172's for 3.5k now, all the fun of the gti but with loads more low down grunt

Good Call!
Cupra Steve
Banned

13th Dec 06 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would like to have a go in one of those clios, but all the reviews i've read aare the driving pos is crap in the 172's, but they sorted it out in the 182's??? Would love a 182 cup!!! Bit out of my price range!!
Ojc

13th Dec 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
well i'm not disappointed with the performance, wot i've lost in a straight line i've more than made up round the bends, had a play with a glanza v last nite, on a fast but twisty road, and although he was marginally quicker, a tiny amount, i out braked him and could corner so much faster, he ended up overtaking me and the 3 cars in front of me which i wasn't goona do but stopped and asked me what i had done to it, i just said it had an induction kit and exhaust, he couldn't believe i beat him, he claimed his had 170bhp. i doubt it but still, great little cars. so much fun.

Why are you racing around like a brain dead fool in these winter conditions?
Nic Barnes

106gti's

the door is about as thick as the silver wrapper ona kit kat. the dash is far to crap and plasticky you could build better out of lego. the gearboxes possibly are made from lego

but theyre great cars
Ojc

quote:
would like to have a go in one of those clios, but all the reviews i've read aare the driving pos is crap in the 172's, but they sorted it out in the 182's??? Would love a 182 cup!!! Bit out of my price range!!

Cupra Steve
Banned

13th Dec 06 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

Why are you racing around like a brain dead fool in these winter conditions?

roads were dry.
Cupra Steve
Banned

13th Dec 06 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
106gti's

the door is about as thick as the silver wrapper ona kit kat. the dash is far to crap and plasticky you could build better out of lego. the gearboxes possibly are made from lego

but theyre great cars

the wind does actually close the door for you, i had to push the ibiza one so bloody hard!!!! Gearbox!! Don't get me started on them, but they are so fun!!
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 06 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
106gti's

but theyre great cars
Cupra Steve
Banned

13th Dec 06 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

i knew you'd read that one, not driven one yet, will u2u when i do darling.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 06 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from past experience there isnt a lot between a 172 and a 106gti
Nic Barnes

13th Dec 06 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also remember the indicator stalks feel like theyre gonna snap everytime you try to use them.

and lastly, theyre faster than any corsa ever
Baskey

13th Dec 06 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
from past experience there isnt a lot between a 172 and a 106gti

true, one of my mates gti's is a 'quick one' (compared to my other mates) my 172 dosnt really pull on it till 70, handeling wise id say the gti just pips the 172 but the 172 have awsome breaks
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 06 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brakes on the gti are a bit crap, well they are compared to the leons.

neiliosxi

13th Dec 06 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

106gti vs 182 cup was 3-4 car lengths from standing start to 100mph.
Cupra Steve
Banned

13th Dec 06 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
brakes on the gti are a bit crap, well they are compared to the leons.

mine have black diamond (i think) pads and grooved disks and there awesome. no fade at all.
Nic Barnes

13th Dec 06 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fade to black (diamond)
Cupra Steve
Banned

13th Dec 06 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
fade to black (diamond)

ha??

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » opinions on Pug 106 Gti's 22 database queries in 0.0127590 seconds