corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got done over by halfords today opinions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author got done over by halfords today opinions
Ben ev

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 07 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a happy chappy!!

bought 5l of mobil 1 15w 50 today from halfords. didnt see much change from £50

got home and went to pull the ring seal off and it snapped. managed to open it in the end and the funnel part looked like it had esence of dry super glue on it.
thought it was abit shaddy so poured a pint into a glass and it was proper black
hmm, not good! phoned halfords back and explained the situation and to make matters worse it wasnt exactly local about 20miles away..
manager said they would speak to mobil 1 on monday and get back to me. didnt sound very sympathetic to say the least.

anyone had this sort of thing before/ what will be the outcome?
MarkM

3rd Feb 07 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have just took it straight back...

R Lee

3rd Feb 07 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a new one to me
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Feb 07 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£50?
Ben ev

3rd Feb 07 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5litres, £45.99
Joe

3rd Feb 07 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats alot of dosh for some oil.
_Allan_

I'm sure Costco had mobil 1 for about £25 that was for 5 litres.
Adam-D

it is possible if a little far fetched but i fear this could happen

customer a buys oil uses it and puts old in container, seals it back up then goes to the store, or another store in the area, gets a refund for whatever reason

now the cashier most probably doesnt know, or think to check the seal so places the "unused oil" back on the shelf,

now customer b "you" goes in buys the oil gets it home and viola, you have 5 litres of shit old oil,...

just a theroy in this day and age some scamming low life will do this,

Ben ev

3rd Feb 07 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not the easiest of bus routes from mine to cowley in oxford. like i said about 20 miles. pants bus service on a sunday. store manager said dont waste your time coming back tomorow and no point in returning it to another halfords thats more local because they wont except it???
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Feb 07 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF, for nearly 50 quid, I don't blame them
Colin

3rd Feb 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you reseal it though??? Its all automated, would be impossible to do!!

Take it straight back to the store, its Halfords problem as they sold you it.........not mobil!!!
JM_16v

3rd Feb 07 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear that corb

Southend corb......?
Colin

3rd Feb 07 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben ev
not the easiest of bus routes from mine to cowley in oxford. like i said about 20 miles. pants bus service on a sunday. store manager said dont waste your time coming back tomorow and no point in returning it to another halfords thats more local because they wont except it???

Dont wast your time coming tomorrow I would be telling him I would be there a 9am & if he didnt refund/exchange it he'll be wearing it
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Feb 07 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corb?
Adam-D

from the store managers point of view, you coild have used it filled it with your old oil and are trying to get your money back.

shit situation to be in,

contact the manager, if you have a go he wont be willing to help, explain it calmly see what he saysd if you still have no joy then i suggest contacting customer service's

it may take a while but you shud get your money back if its not your fault etc i know but unfortunaly this shit happens and all the innocent parties get shit on while the scamming bastard gets away with it scott free
Ben ev

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
it is possible if a little far fetched but i fear this could happen

customer a buys oil uses it and puts old in container, seals it back up then goes to the store, or another store in the area, gets a refund for whatever reason

now the cashier most probably doesnt know, or think to check the seal so places the "unused oil" back on the shelf,

now customer b "you" goes in buys the oil gets it home and viola, you have 5 litres of shit old oil,...

just a theroy in this day and age some scamming low life will do this,

this is what i think has happened. to my amazement manager said similar things happen unbelievable amounts. the thing is £50 to me is alot more than £50 mto halfords! can understand there point though as how do they no if ime telling the truth, wot are the chances of exchange do you think?
P1CK4D

3rd Feb 07 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
sorry to hear that corb

Southend corb......?

Corb?? WTF
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Feb 07 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They HAVE to exchange it, it was not fit for purpose.
JM_16v

3rd Feb 07 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got confused i going to crawl in a hole
Adam-D

3rd Feb 07 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could get a exchange,
and £50 is a lot of cash, id be pissed off and let down in your situation aswell.

and if it helps

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10651_langId_-1_partNumber_ST_509
Colin

3rd Feb 07 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he suggests you have put old oil in & are now trying to con them tell the jobsworth fool that amounts to slander & you will be looking for more than a refund & apology if he suggests such a thing again!!

Dont let the take you for a walk, put your foot down....cause a scene - get what your due
Ben ev

3rd Feb 07 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
i got confused i going to crawl in a hole

stop hijacking my thread

seriously though cant be doubling up to £100. spent nearly £40 on gear oil today aswell so ime abit lighter to say the least. was very calm on the phone so hopefully will hear something monday but not got my hopes to high. with regards to the seal the actuall gold bit comes away from the grey container so you could fill/ replace oil and keep seals intact i supose.
Mase
Premium Member

3rd Feb 07 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chances are, someone has done exactly what AdamD has said.... you don't get time to check products over too much when people come in for a refund as its usually the case their is a queue behind them.... So I expect someone has re-filled it with old oil, the seal wasn't noticed when it was re-funded and someone just chucked it back on the shelf....

Don't bother waiting for mobil to get back to them, cos chances are they'll tell him where to go !! Take it back in tomorrow and show them the state of the oil and if you can. They can't really say much and to be honest, I don't think they will be overly bothered about writing off a £45 tin of oil.... i wrote off much worse things than that...

Mase
Colin

3rd Feb 07 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was me id be back there 1st thing tomorrow, wouldnt leave it!!!
Adam-D

3rd Feb 07 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have undone vaux oil and the seal has come with it and not broken...

but for a similar example

say someone goes into a pharmacist to buy some pain killers, the seal is broken on the bottle but the customer and cashier dont notice til the customer has left and gone home, now customer is home notices the broken seal..

the pharmacist wont take it back as the seal is broken and you cant use incase its not whats supposed to be inside

soooo its a shit situation.

i know oil and tablets are different im just trying to clarify the situation to how both parties involved are stuck,.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got done over by halfords today opinions 23 database queries in 0.0172672 seconds