corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cosmotron, Dreavesy et al

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cosmotron, Dreavesy et al
Robbo

User status: Offline
25th Oct 07 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A28341777

What do you make of that??
Tom

26th Oct 07 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol In the mornin pls
Cosmo

26th Oct 07 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly....

'Kuyt isnt the player you wont on the pitch for an equalisier'...scored 5 this season.
'Voronin is a dead loss'...scored 4 this season and has shown some great play...for free aswell!
Both of those have scored more than Tevez, and around about the same as Rooney, so they arent doing so bad it seems!

As for the main reason of that article, saying we should get rid of Gerrard, what a load of rubbish. The guy is having a few weeks of bad form, thats all. If you sold your best players after this then you'd see all the best players moving on every season to another new club.

Just another person jumping on the bandwagon IMO whilst he is playing badly. Give it until after xmas and he'll be on fire again and the same journos will be singing his praises saying he carries our team and he needs more backup, blah, blah.

Aaron

26th Oct 07 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And secondly?
Cosmo

26th Oct 07 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
And secondly?

Firstly...

As for the main reason...

RyanSxi

26th Oct 07 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cosmo, wats your opinion of the "toys out of the pram/sulking" reaction of stevie when he was subbed?
Cosmo

26th Oct 07 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
cosmo, wats your opinion of the "toys out of the pram/sulking" reaction of stevie when he was subbed?

It wasnt toys out of the pram, he didnt have a big paddy and take his shirt off and storm down the tunnel like I have seen.

The guy was disappointed that he was subbed during the derby game, Id be more worried if he seemed happy to come off the pitch rather than having a stroppy look on his face. If you saw at the end though when we scored he was up jumping about and happy, and celebrated on the pitch with the rest of the lads.
RyanSxi

26th Oct 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

It wasnt toys out of the pram, he didnt have a big paddy and take his shirt off and storm down the tunnel like I have seen.

The guy was disappointed that he was subbed during the derby game, Id be more worried if he seemed happy to come off the pitch rather than having a stroppy look on his face. If you saw at the end though when we scored he was up jumping about and happy, and celebrated on the pitch with the rest of the lads.

It was the look he gave tho, as if to say, "Who are you to take ME off" I know he would have been gutted but still.

ah well thought it wuda been more of an issue thats all
Aaron

26th Oct 07 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange that "clear the air talks" had to be had simply because he was "disappointed" then.
Cosmo

26th Oct 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It was the look he gave tho, as if to say, "Who are you to take ME off" I know he would have been gutted but still.

You could tell all that from one look?! Sounds more like a hopeful search for unrest by a Manc tbh
Cosmo

26th Oct 07 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
Strange that "clear the air talks" had to be had simply because he was "disappointed" then.

That was a term used by the media.

Your the captain and a local lad, you get taken off in the derby game, you want an explanation and Im sure Rafa would prefer to give one to him rather than let him be mad - meeting is held.

shoch horror, it must be clear the air, he must be leaving, OMG OMG OMG OMG.
Aaron

26th Oct 07 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

You could tell all that from one look?! Sounds more like a hopeful search for unrest by a Manc to a fellow Manc tbh

[Edited on 26-10-2007 by Aj.]
Cosmo

26th Oct 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
quote:
quote:

You could tell all that from one look?! Sounds more like a hopeful search for unrest by a Manc to a fellow Manc tbh

poor edit.
RyanSxi

26th Oct 07 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

manager shouldnt have to explain his decision to any player, imo ofcourse
Cosmo

26th Oct 07 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

ofcourse he should This isnt some kid or new player he is taking off, its one of the most senior players and the clubs captain. Fergie would have to do the same should he take one of your top players off in a big big game.

Plus how can a player learn from his mistakes (if that was the reason for coming off) if he doesnt know what they are?! Thats no way to motivate a player.
RyanSxi

26th Oct 07 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ALSO may aswell post this here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7063388.stm
Aaron

26th Oct 07 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Fergie would have to do the same should he take one of your top players off in a big big game.

Nah, no chance.

I see Sir Alex Ferguson as a domineering character. What he says’s...goes. If he has a problem with something/someone, he takes what ever actions he thinks best, and as far as I can remember, he hasn’t been in the media giving explanations about the decisions he's made for football matters like subbing players.

Apart from the kicking the boot at Beckham for example. What I mean is, football decisions like this Gerrard issue aren’t commonly heard of at Manchester United.

Gerrard whinges too much, and he openly admitted that he doesn’t like to loose. He also admitted that he gets angry very easily when things don’t go his way. This is great of a sportsman, rightly so he shouldn’t want to loose or be subbed etc...But shouldn’t he try and keep this to himself, even more so because he's the club captain.

Cosmo, I’m sure you don’t agree

Cosmo

26th Oct 07 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

nice reliable story when it uses the old design pic

Ive not heard anything on this, I know the price they quoted a few months ago was roughly £300m, but this also included the stuff we were doing in the surrounding area. Any articles with actual quotes from people rather than just speculation?
Cosmo

26th Oct 07 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
Nah, no chance.

I see Sir Alex Ferguson as a domineering character. What he says’s...goes. If he has a problem with something/someone, he takes what ever actions he thinks best, and as far as I can remember, he hasn’t been in the media giving explanations about the decisions he's made for football matters like subbing players.

Apart from the kicking the boot at Beckham for example. What I mean is, football decisions like this Gerrard issue aren’t commonly heard of at Manchester United.

Gerrard whinges too much, and he openly admitted that he doesn’t like to loose. He also admitted that he gets angry very easily when things don’t go his way. This is great of a sportsman, rightly so he shouldn’t want to loose or be subbed etc...But shouldn’t he try and keep this to himself, even more so because he's the club captain.

Cosmo, I’m sure you don’t agree

If Fergie took Rooney off, for example, against us when their was nothing wrong with him then you'd get a very similar reaction, and Im certain Fergie would come out with something afterwards - if not in the media personally he would certainly talk to the guy. Its basic man-management, you explain your decisions before the player jumps to their own conclusions which could be very far from the truth and be unsettling.

Anyway, Im not even too certain why people are making a big deal about it. IMO Gerrard is a winner, like you said, he doesnt like to lose. Being taken off in this size a game is going to upset him, and rightly so, if it didnt I'd be worried. Rafa dealt with it, Gerrards happy with it, jobs done.
RyanSxi

26th Oct 07 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

nice reliable story when it uses the old design pic

Ive not heard anything on this, I know the price they quoted a few months ago was roughly £300m, but this also included the stuff we were doing in the surrounding area. Any articles with actual quotes from people rather than just speculation?

nah just saw it, thought you'd like to see it
Cosmo

26th Oct 07 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, done some searching and can only find copies of the same story, no actual quotes from Hicks.
Robbo

26th Oct 07 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was on SSN late last night discussing this... was always going to happen with the planned expansion etc.
Tom

26th Oct 07 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at nobs trying to dream up problems that don't exist.
Tom

26th Oct 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW nice story of the owners supporting benitez

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7061820.stm
chris-sri

26th Oct 07 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a load of bollocks Ronaldo has had a strop after being taken off before and as I recall he's not the club captain and the game wasn't the biggest local derby of the season. I expect he was called in the next day for a bollocking rather than an explanation but that's just different managerial styles. Fergie doesn't like to wash his dirty washing in public. Much as I would love to see Gerrard leave Liverpool I doubt very much that it would happen. Gerrard has shown when he plays for England he doesn't have the same passion that he does when he plays for Liverpool and he's a worse player for it.
This is no more than a dip in form and everyone has a bad day at the office occasionally. I am sure the cantankerous git will play out of his skin on December 16th and all will be forgotten.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cosmotron, Dreavesy et al 23 database queries in 0.0165629 seconds