corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Poor Old Footballers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Poor Old Footballers
Danny P

User status: Offline
1st Nov 07 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7071530.stm

Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree that we should have a winter break, especially because we have those 2-3wks at the end of the season anyway before an international game as he said.
Marc

1st Nov 07 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think of it this way Danny, quite a few England Internationals are competing in 4 competitions alongside playing for England. This is one of the reasons the League Cup isn't a priority to some clubs as its just too much. At the end of the day footballers aren't super human and if you have 2 domestic games a week and then have internationals it takes its toll.
Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to mention all the travelling around the globe which is just as bad as playing a game for some of them.
Danny P

1st Nov 07 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 games a week, thats 180 minutes worth of work. Training is what, 3/4 hours maximum, and its hardly going to be competative like a match is, rest of time is spent watching videos, having rub downs etc, hardly knackering is it.

Pay me £120k a week and I'd play every single day.
Marc

1st Nov 07 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another story here, and I agree completley:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7072685.stm
Marc

1st Nov 07 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
2 games a week, thats 180 minutes worth of work. Training is what, 3/4 hours maximum, and its hardly going to be competative like a match is, rest of time is spent watching videos, having rub downs etc, hardly knackering is it.

Training and gym sessions is a lot more than that. Playing everyday would give you a very short career....
Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

flights to South America, Russia, Israel, etc. etc, dealing with changes in timezone. Thats 3-4hrs a day, 4 days a week, so looking at atleast 19hrs of exercise ontop of all that travel.
Marc

1st Nov 07 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc and Cosmo in agreement shocker
Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Marc and Cosmo in agreement shocker

I dont agree with you.
Marc

1st Nov 07 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shut up.
Danny P

1st Nov 07 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Training and gym sessions is a lot more than that. Playing everyday would give you a very short career....

My dads a coach at Huddersfield, I know what they do all day and it much I'll tell you.

Also, not as if there flying all round the World every week either is it, we play 6 qualifiers in the Euros, not exactly back and forth very often is it, and thats only to Europe. Fair enough some players play in Europe, but if your a top althlete, then you should be able to cope with the workload.

Im also willing to bet that if clubs did have a winter break, all they would do is fly off somewhere on some Friendly tour to make the club a bit of money
Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My dads a coach at Huddersfield, I know what they do all day and it much I'll tell you.

Also, not as if there flying all round the World every week either is it, we play 6 qualifiers in the Euros, not exactly back and forth very often is it, and thats only to Europe. Fair enough some players play in Europe, but if your a top althlete, then you should be able to cope with the workload.

Im also willing to bet that if clubs did have a winter break, all they would do is fly off somewhere on some Friendly tour to make the club a bit of money

Huddersfield compared to international footballers

Most international players will play in a side thats in a European competition, so that means travelling a fair amount - and no matter how much of a top athlete you are your going to feel the tiredness from sitting in confined spaces travelling to these places.
Danny P

1st Nov 07 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Huddersfield compared to international footballers

Most international players will play in a side thats in a European competition, so that means travelling a fair amount - and no matter how much of a top athlete you are your going to feel the tiredness from sitting in confined spaces travelling to these places.

Training is still the same though isn't it, no mater what team you play for

If there that tired they should make better use of there time off then, instead of running up and down in photo shoots, and adverising the latest video game, should be at home in bed with a Horlicks
strick206

1st Nov 07 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FLOL at comparing huddersfield to the likes of united etc
Marc

1st Nov 07 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Potential:

38 domestic league games
6 FA Cup games
6 Carling Cup games
11 Champions League games

So over 60 potential domestic games to play before you take in to account England friendly and qualifiers.

Someone correct me if I've got cup totals wrong.
Marc

1st Nov 07 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If there that tired they should make better use of there time off then, instead of running up and down in photo shoots, and adverising the latest video game, should be at home in bed with a Horlicks

Training the same yes, United had Wednesday off, other teams had a game to prepare for and play.

Not all footballers grace magazine photo shoots and go on the lash every night.
Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

No, training certainly wont be the same

Its not tired as in 'I need a sleep tired', its their bodies that are tired. If you've done a long haul flight before (over 4-5hrs) then you'll know yourself how much it can make your body feel tired even though your doing fuck all.
Tom

1st Nov 07 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they aren't moaning about training danny huddersfield
Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Potential:

38 domestic league games
6 FA Cup games
6 Carling Cup games
11 Champions League games

So over 60 potential domestic games to play before you take in to account England friendly and qualifiers.

Someone correct me if I've got cup totals wrong.

60 games, so what, they only last 90 mins for crying out loud.

and? This isnt some shitty level where you can get away with not being full out for 90mins, its the highest level you can play at, and if players arent fucked at the end of games and really feeling it then they arent doing something right.
Danny P

1st Nov 07 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
they aren't moaning about training danny huddersfield

There moaning about there Job, training is part of that job isn't it.....

Also, why will it not be different? Do Premier League players work harder in training? Cant see it to be fair, if anything, shitter players will have to work harder to get things right due to lack of natural abillity
strick206

1st Nov 07 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are huddersfield mighty huddersfield.

We train the hardest as my dad is a coach
Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Also, why will it not be different? Do Premier League players work harder in training? Cant see it to be fair, if anything, shitter players will have to work harder to get things right due to lack of natural abillity

see my point above. The pace and intensity at that level just isnt what it is in the Prem - hence working harder in training.
Danny P

1st Nov 07 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So your all telling me that when you go out to work 40 odd hours a week, to earn on average less in 10 years that some of these players earn in a week, you spend that money following the team around the country, spending hours to get to shit hole places, stand in the pouring rain to see them lose 3-0 and then go back and do it week after week, them saying they are tired after playing a few games of Football doesnt piss you off a little bit?
Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So your all telling me that when you go out to work 40 odd hours a week, to earn on average less in 10 years that some of these players earn in a week, you spend that money following the team around the country, spending hours to get to shit hole places, stand in the pouring rain to see them lose 3-0 and then go back and do it week after week, them saying they are tired after playing a few games of Football doesnt piss you off a little bit?

they have a natural talent I dont, hence they earn the money. Thats how the economy works - you have something thats limited and in demand then you can demand the wage you want. No need to get wound up about it.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Poor Old Footballers 23 database queries in 0.0183229 seconds