corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats it worth??(yes yet another!)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats it worth??(yes yet another!)
corsa_rob

User status: Offline
   20th Jan 08 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right then getting more and more bored with the corsa and thinking of selling up and moving on to a saxo brappp lol...yeh either a 106 or a vts... ideally wud want a xe'd gsi but cant really be bothered with any problems and just want an easy cheap car for a year or 2 thats faster than my 1.4 sport...right so here is the car in question...

im aware it has lexarse lights and angel eyes...probably sell standard fronts as found a buyer on here i believe

car is a a R reg 1.4 corsa sport with 64k on the clock...a fair bit of service history in the books...will have 12 months MOT on it and a month or 2 tax...prevous owners have all been female bar the one girls brother who was registered owner before me who never drove it as didnt have a full license

had the car over a year now not a single problem! low mileage for the year...paint work is a good knick for the year, well good even for a newer car to be honest!

only mods to be stated are that it has 16 inch irmscher softstars on it which im trying to decide whether to keep or not, black lexus lights, black angel eyes on the front, inside sees a fancy gearknob which can be removed easily enough and replaced with vauxhall one...or kept i got used to it like so never bothered!

SO WHAT PRICE AM I LOOKING AT!?!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

20th Jan 08 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IF I were you, I would find a set of standard rears and fronts and put the standard wheels back on it.

You can probably make £300 easily off the wheels, and £80 - £100 for the lights in total, and then £1200 ish for the car, maybe a tad more due to the mileage?
corsa_rob

20th Jan 08 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive was thinking of doing that with the lights to be honest mate just to so i dont hate the look of the lights everytime i get in haha they just not to my taste. how much would standard rears cost me? as i aint got the original ones from the last seller. i guess id be happy with £300 for the softstars but might keep them incase i go back to vauxhall in the form of an XE'd nova/corsa for the weekends paid £1450 for the car...at the time it was valued at £1980 through a HPi check, value of these is going down now though, would be happy with £1200, if not my little sister will have it for £1000/£1100 off me
RioVerde

20th Jan 08 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_rob
Right then getting more and more bored with the corsa and thinking of selling up and moving on to a saxo brappp lol...yeh either a 106 or a vts... ideally wud want a xe'd gsi but cant really be bothered with any problems and just want an easy cheap car for a year or 2 thats faster than my 1.4 sport...right so here is the car in question...

clown!! if you dont want problems dont buy french shit,a lad i knew bought a vtr n sold his 1.4 sri corsa b...... 2 days later the vtrs head gasket goes followed by driveshaft and he sells it as the gearbox whined in 2nd and 3rd

im aware it has lexarse lights and angel eyes...probably sell standard fronts as found a buyer on here i believe

car is a a R reg 1.4 corsa sport with 64k on the clock...a fair bit of service history in the books...will have 12 months MOT on it and a month or 2 tax...prevous owners have all been female bar the one girls brother who was registered owner before me who never drove it as didnt have a full license

had the car over a year now not a single problem! low mileage for the year...paint work is a good knick for the year, well good even for a newer car to be honest!

only mods to be stated are that it has 16 inch irmscher softstars on it which im trying to decide whether to keep or not, black lexus lights, black angel eyes on the front, inside sees a fancy gearknob which can be removed easily enough and replaced with vauxhall one...or kept i got used to it like so never bothered!

SO WHAT PRICE AM I LOOKING AT!?!
corsa_rob

20th Jan 08 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RioVerde - what?
RioVerde

20th Jan 08 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep the corsa man! vtrs are unreliable,when you cane them everything breaks lol
corsa_rob

20th Jan 08 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true but its a 1.4 matey cnt be doing with that...french cars can be classed as unreliable compared to vauxhalls bulletproof lumps...but if looked after like it will be should be sound...the corsa has been well looked after...allways warmed up before drives, regardless of the waste of petrol in the cold mornings! ftr. paying out for an XE conversions seems a waste when could easily get a gti or even 172 for same price
RioVerde

20th Jan 08 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u sit with ya engine on idle???? would prob cause more damage to your engine as putting wear and tear on the engine and not even driving,when i start mine from cold i leave it say 10 secs then pull away and drive it not thrash it but take it upto 3500-4000 rpm max warms upquicker anyway and if using synthetic oils should be fine these days its not like using mineral 20w 50!,get a 1.6 corsa,the thing that annoys me the most about mine is no low down power has to be revved hard but keep it over a french car for reliability soz 4 the essay!!!!!!!
corsa_rob

20th Jan 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries... dont leave it for ages just like 5 minutes or so...till the automatic choke stops and its warmer...then its 2000rpm max for about a mile or 2 then 4500rpm max anyways. Whats the point in going from 1.4 to 1.6 though i doubt id see a big difference in anythin tbh...its wot a seconds and a bit to 60mph then 8/9 mph top speed more? just aint got it...handles the same...looks the same?? this boy is getting a 106...lmao!
BarnshaW

20th Jan 08 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RioVerde
u sit with ya engine on idle???? would prob cause more damage to your engine as putting wear and tear on the engine and not even driving,when i start mine from cold i leave it say 10 secs then pull away and drive it not thrash it but take it upto 3500-4000 rpm max warms upquicker anyway and if using synthetic oils should be fine these days its not like using mineral 20w 50!,get a 1.6 corsa,the thing that annoys me the most about mine is no low down power has to be revved hard but keep it over a french car for reliability soz 4 the essay!!!!!!!

keeping a car on idle to warm up is not guna cause more damage
RioVerde

20th Jan 08 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Myth #1: "The engine should be warmed up for long periods prior to driving."

Reality: Idling is not an effective way to warm up your engine, even in cold weather. The best way to do this is to drive the vehicle. With today's modern engines, you need no more than 30 seconds of idling on winter days before starting to drive.

Myth #2: "Idling is good for the engine."

Reality: Excessive idling can actually damage engine components, including cylinders, spark plugs, and the exhaust system.

TomWilly

20th Jan 08 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it actually says something about not keeping at idle in the Corsa handbook

Dean B

20th Jan 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a VTS or a 106 gti mate. If you can find a good one there AS realible as a corsa. And alot better, better handling, more fun to drive. I used to think a corsa was a bettwer car, but trust me after owning a 1.6 with lexmaul inlet etc, and now owning a 106 gti, 106 wins everytime.
J8YJJ

20th Jan 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate

my mates after a set of angel eyes lights and he said he would swap is standards + cash for your angels

how much would you be looking if interested

[Edited on 20-01-2008 by JAYCORSAGSI]
TomWilly

20th Jan 08 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean B
Buy a VTS or a 106 gti mate. If you can find a good one there AS realible as a corsa. And alot better, better handling, more fun to drive. I used to think a corsa was a bettwer car, but trust me after owning a 1.6 with lexmaul inlet etc, and now owning a 106 gti, 106 wins everytime.

sorry but as reliable as a corsa?
RioVerde

20th Jan 08 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people whittle about warming engines up etc all the time lifes too short to piss about just get in n drive it,a lad i knew had an impreza he used to idle for 15-20 mins at work before he drove it 5 miles home,a bit sad and obsessive if you ask me,just get it changed every 5k and use it!!
Dean B

20th Jan 08 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TomWilly
quote:

Ok more then. I owned 3 corsa's. You can hardly call them realible mate. Or are you just another bitter corsa owner.
RioVerde

20th Jan 08 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oil changed that is!!!!!! i used halfords semi synthetic 10w 40 last time!
TomWilly

20th Jan 08 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TomWilly
quote:

Ok more then. I owned 3 corsa's. You can hardly call them realible mate. Or are you just another bitter corsa owner.

sorry i just work in a garage and can see which cars are reliable, have owned 3 vauxhalls with what i would say little or no problems?

I thought it was common knowledge vauxhalls are more reliable than shitroens?

Tom

20th Jan 08 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warming up for a short time is worthwhile imo.
TomWilly

20th Jan 08 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.reliabilityindex.co.uk/tophundred.html?apc=3128339010848601

Which? Car also named three new cars 'with such poor safety ratings they should be avoided' and seven used cars which were 'just plain poor'.

They were:

Chevrolet Matiz (new)
Chrysler Voyager (new)
Dodge Caliber (new)
Citroen Saxo (1996-2003)
Fiat Punto (1999-2006)
Peugeot 106 (1996-2003)
Rover 200/25 (1995-2005)
Citroen Xsara (1997-2004)
Renault Megane (1996-2003)
Land Rover Freelander (1997-2006

anyway, enough of this, back on topic please

BarnshaW

20th Jan 08 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

warming up is not guna do the car any damage... id rather let it warm up a little then to drive from cold to around 4k rpm like rioverde just said.
Dean B

20th Jan 08 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You work in a garage, self explanatory. Vauxhall are hardly the most realible car, as french cars are not. But vauxhall are no more realible than peugeot, both have there faults. Its just commonly knows french car as referred to as un-realible, so it's a easy pun.
TomWilly

20th Jan 08 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ Please see link above ^^
Dean B

20th Jan 08 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not debating saftey ratings lol. I know a 106 if made from tin foil. I'm talking from experiance. Having owned both cars. I neither is more realible than the other.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats it worth??(yes yet another!) 22 database queries in 0.0167749 seconds