corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Meguairs deep crystal system

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Meguairs deep crystal system
John G

User status: Offline
   28th Feb 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone used the 3 steps, i used to just buy the cleaner wax, but im thinking of buyin all 3 steps, The paint cleaner, polish, carnauba wax??

Personally i really rate the Megs range just wondered what peoples feedback on it was
marklawton

28th Feb 08 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would also like to no this as everything of mine is autoglym anf wouldnt mind giving something else a go
John G

28th Feb 08 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Autoglym is good but i find it leaves white poder on the car when your takin it off, megs doesnt, iv always used megs, just never tried to 3 step stuff
JayCarr

28th Feb 08 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always used the 3 step on my Corsa, left the paintwork very very smooth. Takes for ever but it really is worth it. Find it much better than autoglym, that always left white shit everywhere.
John G

28th Feb 08 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayCarr
I always used the 3 step on my Corsa, left the paintwork very very smooth. Takes for ever but it really is worth it. Find it much better than autoglym, that always left white shit everywhere.

I may invest in some, as i could do with some new materials before PVS.

£7.99 a bottle so its only £24 for all 3 steps
Wrighty

28th Feb 08 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First 2 steps are meant to be good but im told the wax is pap - gonna try it soon

try 2 step it then megs nxt wax
Wrighty

28th Feb 08 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayCarr

your putting far too much on then
JayCarr

28th Feb 08 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Putting no more on than what i do with the megs. Haven't used autoglym for years now.
mwg

28th Feb 08 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look on detailing world. there was post on there saying there are better options out there for your money
John G

28th Feb 08 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got the link there at all Matty G??

Wrighty i had the same happen to me today on my grandads car, i hardly had any one there and i even applied it with a damp sponge like advised by the autoglym reps. stil turned powdery when bein taken off

[Edited on 28-02-2008 by John G]
WU-TANG- DAN

28th Feb 08 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use the carnauba wax and i think its as good as anything else you'll find out there!
John G

28th Feb 08 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you use the megs carnauba wax?

Do you use it as part of the 3 step.
Superlite Ltd.

28th Feb 08 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Setp 3 is very good. Used that on a few different colours and paints. Always performs very well.

....meg carnauba wax is very good

[Edited on 28-02-2008 by Superlite Ltd.]
willhouse

28th Feb 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a bottle of Autoglym Super Resin and a Tub of Natty's or Collinites Wax will come in under your budget of £24,

the only decent part of the megs deep crystal kit is the stage 1 paint cleaner, the stage 2 polish is not as good as Autoglym Super Resin, and the Wax is awful.
John G

28th Feb 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
Setp 3 is very good. Used that on a few different colours and paints. Always performs very well.

....meg carnauba wax is very good

[Edited on 28-02-2008 by Superlite Ltd.]

superb i think i may take a trip to tweeks tomos and get me some
John G

28th Feb 08 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willhouse
a bottle of Autoglym Super Resin and a Tub of Natty's or Collinites Wax will come in under your budget of £24,

the only decent part of the megs deep crystal kit is the stage 1 paint cleaner, the stage 2 polish is not as good as Autoglym Super Resin, and the Wax is awful.

iv always used the megs paint cleaner and find it comes off alot better and definetly leaves a better finish then the autoglym. i cant say for the carnauba wax as i have never used it.
willhouse

28th Feb 08 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you insist on staying with Megs, then the Megs hard and paste waxes in the tins are a hell of alot better than the liquid shite in the bottles such as Gold Class and the Deep Crystal stuff
Wrighty

28th Feb 08 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
you got the link there at all Matty G??

Wrighty i had the same happen to me today on my grandads car, i hardly had any one there and i even applied it with a damp sponge like advised by the autoglym reps. stil turned powdery when bein taken off

[Edited on 28-02-2008 by John G]

i never have a problem applying it with a damp applicator pad, and taking it off with a microfibre cloth
willhouse

28th Feb 08 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the idea with the paint cleaner is to use it before the Autoglym Super Resin polish, and then finish with a good wax.
JayCarr

28th Feb 08 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if you insist on staying with Megs, then the Megs hard and paste waxes in the tins are a hell of alot better than the liquid shite in the bottles such as Gold Class and the Deep Crystal stuff

I haven't used the ones in the tins, in what way are they better than the bottles? I've never had any problems with the bottled stuff and my cars always come out gleaming.
John G

28th Feb 08 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i dont insist matey, i just dont know much about other products on the market for around £30 im just after a good polish ie a deep shine and then something to hold the shine in and protect it.

Wrighty - maybe the microfibre clothes help in your case, i dont know bud.
Ben G

28th Feb 08 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use megs 3 stage, when used together, the wet look finish it leaves is stunning! Apply with foam applicator pads then buff off with a microfibre towel, but dont leave it on too long or apply too much or it will be an arse to get off! Takes ages but it leaves a great finish.
willhouse

28th Feb 08 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok,

Well megs stage 1 is worth having as a paint cleanser before polish, then...

polishing by hand 'THE' best product is Autoglym Super Resin. I know from experience, and im sure hundred of people on Detaling World will agree.

Wax wise, on a budget, you could get Victorias Concours, or Collinites, or Nattys Blue or Red.

Have a look on elite car care, you can get everything there, and it normally turns up the next day.
willhouse

28th Feb 08 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i use megs 3 stage, when used together, the wet look finish it leaves is stunning! Apply with foam applicator pads then buff off with a microfibre towel, but dont leave it on too long or apply too much or it will be an arse to get off! Takes ages but it leaves a great finish.

thats the exact problem with the Megs, it can get reasonable results, but it takes ages and is awful to use.
John G

28th Feb 08 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ok,

Well megs stage 1 is worth having as a paint cleanser before polish, then...

polishing by hand 'THE' best product is Autoglym Super Resin. I know from experience, and im sure hundred of people on Detaling World will agree.

Wax wise, on a budget, you could get Victorias Concours, or Collinites, or Nattys Blue or Red.

Have a look on elite car care, you can get everything there, and it normally turns up the next day.

cheers matey, im on it

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Meguairs deep crystal system 22 database queries in 0.0100279 seconds