corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Ephedrine

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ephedrine
mattk

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody Taking these? I need an energy boost for the gym, they have any weird side effects??
Tom

2nd Apr 08 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just speed isn't it?!

Used by women on diets alot i've heard
C2RL R

2nd Apr 08 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to take them. not sure what they were meant to do exactly but for me they made my heart rate increase and killed my appetite.
Danny P

2nd Apr 08 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sometimes take them on a night out
bigdan

2nd Apr 08 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

makes u hyperr
mattk

2nd Apr 08 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good, I dont know enough about them though so Il give them a miss
AdZ9

3rd Apr 08 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm on it at the moment

Increased heart rate and higher body temp is the only side effect i've noticed at the moment. Definately kills your appetite though but thats good as i'm cutting right now and its the only reason i'm taking it as i struggle when cutting as i'm used to eating alot more!

Do your research before you think about anything like it, you need to read up alot on it. muscletalk.co.uk has alot of info on it but make sure you read up everything you can, dont rush into taking it.
It's classed as a Class C drug aswell.
dna23

3rd Apr 08 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adz, I thought that Ephedrine wasn't currently classified as a controlled substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act.

Source: http://www.thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/drugsafety/drugsatoz/ephedrine
dna23

3rd Apr 08 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also like Adz said, have a good read into it first re: why you want to take it and the risks. I contemplated Ephedrine and then Sida Cordifolia...

Eventually I decided to go with neither, I'll take the following pre WO

5g Taurine
5g CEE
5g BCAA (2:1:1)

The taurine definately helps improve my focus and may be something you should consider along with Glucuronolactone.

Myprotein do sell a focus/pump formula which gets good reviews: http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/our-formulas/pulse/
AdZ9

3rd Apr 08 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not 100% sure myself mate, all i know is it used to be classed as a class c drug and you would get prosecuted if you were caught with massive quantities and were dealing it out, but if your caught in possession of a personal amount you won't be prosecuted.

At the end of the day, all it is really is an "oral nasal decongestant" as its labelled on the pots and you can get it prescribed by a doctor i think (if you need it).

I know its banned in the USA and Australia, but thats only because it can be very addictive.
If i'm being 100% honest i haven't really felt a massive difference in it helping in any way except for the appetite suppresent qualities.
AdZ9

3rd Apr 08 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read that site, seems that it isn't classed as a drug anymore then, must of changed it, is that site for the uk or another country?

I ordered mine online and they came from canada, so they got through customs so that site must be correct
dna23

3rd Apr 08 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all pretty hazy but you're right to air on the side of caution I think. I've heard a lot of praise for its abilities to aid in weight loss but not soo many for focus. All the same, it's good to share info on its effects and how you're finding it... as I said, I was considering it myself and its useful to know others opinions.

It may be worth having a look around at other products on the market mattk which could provide what you're looking for.

Edit: that site is a UK based one and run by the Government as far as I can tell so I think it's up to date... I did read that although it isn't classed as a drug you can still be charged because its under the Medicines Act.

Little info here: http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/news_info/drugs/law.htm

That may be why it has to be imported from abroad as oppose to being sold from someone in the UK, still unsure on how customs tackle it but it seems to be brought in often enough

[Edited on 03-04-2008 by dna23]
Danny P

3rd Apr 08 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I THINK its illegal to sell it in England, but not to buy it so that may be why you can buy it from abroad.

Not 100% sure on that though
AdZ9

3rd Apr 08 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh if your using for personal use then you can't get done under the Medicine Act as your not selling it etc, its only if companies sell it that they get prosecuted for that, in Canada its still legal to buy and sell so hence it comes from there i'm guessing!
AdZ9

3rd Apr 08 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeh that Police site says about ephedrine (probablly because they know most of the population of bodybuilders/weightlifters will have had it before) and its not illegal, but obviously you can get charged if your found with 1000's of the pills on you as its obvious your dealing.
Mad Moe

3rd Apr 08 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know much about it but remember a chemist friend of mine saying prolonged use could cause Heart problems
jmucorsasport

3rd Apr 08 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was used typically in so called fat burners as its thermogenic. It causes your body temp to increase and may cause heart palpitations, its designed to 'speed up your metabolism' and gets you wired.. As i think has already been said it is accelerated form of caffeine, much more potent It is a banned substance here UK, and USA to buy, but you can still buy it in canada. lol.. Personally wouldnt touch the stuff, be wary if you start taking it. If you get any symptoms then cut the dose in half, if they persist then stop and see a doc..
AdZ9

3rd Apr 08 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ well thats a load of dribble

To save you searching around for it, heres a copy and paste from muscletalk.co.uk about Ephedrine.

quote:

ECA = Ephedrine/Caffeine/Aspirin stack

Standard dosage would be:

Ephedrine 20-30mgs
Caffeine 200mg (equivalent to approx 2.5 cups of coffee)
Aspirin 75mg

the theoretical ratio is E:C:A=1:10:3

Ephedrine and Caffeine have been shown to work synergistically; that is, the total is greater than the sum of the parts ie. 1+1=3
They work TOGETHER to promote weight-loss, boost energy and enhance athletic performance. It's debatable as to the importance of aspirin in the grand scheme. It is included in the hope that it acts as a prostaglandin inhibitor and an enhancer of lipolytic activity. I believe it not to be an essential ingredient; indeed, many people are intolerant to Aspirin. Another thing worth noting is that ECA has some anti-catabolic properties, which means that we can retain some muscle even while cutting.

To give you an idea, eph is a central nervous system stimulant and, therefore, works in a similar way as Clenbuterol. However, eph increases your metabolism by about 3% whereas clen increases your metabolism by 5-10%. Although it may appear that eph is second rate when compared to Clen, it more than makes up for it when you consider the strong appetite suppressive qualities, something which is very important when exposed to calorie restriction.

It is recommended that users start their ECA stack by using just one dosing (as per above dosages) per day, either first thing in the morning 30minutes before breakfast, or 30minutes prior to their workout/cardio. Many find that this will provide them with plenty of stimulation and will negate the necessity to increase the frequency of dosages for maybe a week or more. In time, the user becomes more tolerant of the effects and will look to progress to 2 dosings per day. It is considered that 3 dosings per day is the maximum that a user should consume, with the last dose taken prior to 6pm to avoid sleep problems. Cycle length would normally be limited to 12 weeks, so the prospective user must give consideration to how long they will need to reach their goals. Should this exceed 12 weeks, then the ECA should be introduced later into the cutting regime, not immediately at the outset. I would then advise taking at least 12 weeks abstinence from ECA use to limit over-dependance problems.

As a first timer, you will experience a wired feeling, perhaps to the extent of being a bit "jumpy". This is normal, and gradually subsides. Heart rate will increase with many users conciously aware of this occurrence. Also, you will probably notice an increase in gym performance, especially during aerobic activity (cardio). It's worth pointing out that anyone with heart problems or high blood pressure should NOT use ephedrine or similar products.

In addition to pharmaceutical Ephedrine hydrochloride (hcl), there is also Mother Nature that we can turn to for essentially the same ECA stack:

HERBAL VERSIONS

The herbal form of ephedrine is Ma Huang. The plant is standardised to varying degrees so the user must calculate exactly how much eph is contained in the preparation. For example, MaHuang 335mg (6% ephedrine) is the equivalent of 20mg pure ephedrine. As such, one version isn’t "stronger than the other" as long as the quantities are respected. The only snag with herbal versions is that we don’t know what the other 90% of the herb is doing to out body!

Guarana Extract (22% caffeine) therefore 910mg of guarana is equivalent of 200mg caffeine.
Kola nut contains 20% caffeine

Lastly, White Willow Bark (15% salicin) is the equivalent of Aspirin.

You can buy either eph hcl or a ready made herbal stack from www.astronutrition.com . My personal favourite available at present would be something like 'Grenade' available from www.musclefinesse.com . Strong, sound product, albiet slightly 'tut' worthy packaging!

Alternatively, visit Boots and ask for "Do Do Chesteze". Chesteze helps when you have a tight chest so u can tell the vendor that your chest isn’t too good. One chesteze contins 18.3mg ephedrine. it also contains theophylline. Some people react to theophylline so if you are using chesteze, always start at a low dose for the first 3 days to see how you will react.

Caffeine can be bought from various online retailers ( www.myprotein.co.uk www.monstersupplements.com etc) or can be bought from chemists or your local supermarket in the form of ProPlus, though these work out more expensive than the online options. (each proplus pill contains 50mg caffeine)

Possible Side Effects

Anxiety, shaking, increased sweating, lightheadedness, dizziness, light headache, gastrointestinal distress, insomnia, irregular heartbeat, increased heart rate, heart palpitations, inreased blood pressure, stroke, seizures, psychosis etc..people who are easily depressed should be on a watch out because the eph will increase their depression. Increased sweating/heat production means you need to drink more water. Moreover, ephedrine can be addictive if taken for more than 6 months.

Rebecca

3rd Apr 08 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's from the natural form of speed.
Rebecca

3rd Apr 08 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and where do you get yours from Adz?
mattk

3rd Apr 08 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This turned into a good thread! Thanks

Id be getting it from under the counter of my Gym, 100 for £12 they have ALL sorts in there
AdZ9

4th Apr 08 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid £32 i think and got 300, but thats only a months supply as they are only 8mg tabs so i take 3 tabs twice a day.

Got them from a link off muscletalk, can't remember the websites name but if you go on mt website under the forum bit you'll be able to see the links
jmucorsasport

4th Apr 08 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
^ well thats a load of dribble

To save you searching around for it, heres a copy and paste from muscletalk.co.uk about Ephedrine.

quote:

ECA = Ephedrine/Caffeine/Aspirin stack

Standard dosage would be:

Ephedrine 20-30mgs
Caffeine 200mg (equivalent to approx 2.5 cups of coffee)
Aspirin 75mg

the theoretical ratio is E:C:A=1:10:3

Ephedrine and Caffeine have been shown to work synergistically; that is, the total is greater than the sum of the parts ie. 1+1=3
They work TOGETHER to promote weight-loss, boost energy and enhance athletic performance. It's debatable as to the importance of aspirin in the grand scheme. It is included in the hope that it acts as a prostaglandin inhibitor and an enhancer of lipolytic activity. I believe it not to be an essential ingredient; indeed, many people are intolerant to Aspirin. Another thing worth noting is that ECA has some anti-catabolic properties, which means that we can retain some muscle even while cutting.

To give you an idea, eph is a central nervous system stimulant and, therefore, works in a similar way as Clenbuterol. However, eph increases your metabolism by about 3% whereas clen increases your metabolism by 5-10%. Although it may appear that eph is second rate when compared to Clen, it more than makes up for it when you consider the strong appetite suppressive qualities, something which is very important when exposed to calorie restriction.

It is recommended that users start their ECA stack by using just one dosing (as per above dosages) per day, either first thing in the morning 30minutes before breakfast, or 30minutes prior to their workout/cardio. Many find that this will provide them with plenty of stimulation and will negate the necessity to increase the frequency of dosages for maybe a week or more. In time, the user becomes more tolerant of the effects and will look to progress to 2 dosings per day. It is considered that 3 dosings per day is the maximum that a user should consume, with the last dose taken prior to 6pm to avoid sleep problems. Cycle length would normally be limited to 12 weeks, so the prospective user must give consideration to how long they will need to reach their goals. Should this exceed 12 weeks, then the ECA should be introduced later into the cutting regime, not immediately at the outset. I would then advise taking at least 12 weeks abstinence from ECA use to limit over-dependance problems.

As a first timer, you will experience a wired feeling, perhaps to the extent of being a bit "jumpy". This is normal, and gradually subsides. Heart rate will increase with many users conciously aware of this occurrence. Also, you will probably notice an increase in gym performance, especially during aerobic activity (cardio). It's worth pointing out that anyone with heart problems or high blood pressure should NOT use ephedrine or similar products.

In addition to pharmaceutical Ephedrine hydrochloride (hcl), there is also Mother Nature that we can turn to for essentially the same ECA stack:

HERBAL VERSIONS

The herbal form of ephedrine is Ma Huang. The plant is standardised to varying degrees so the user must calculate exactly how much eph is contained in the preparation. For example, MaHuang 335mg (6% ephedrine) is the equivalent of 20mg pure ephedrine. As such, one version isn’t "stronger than the other" as long as the quantities are respected. The only snag with herbal versions is that we don’t know what the other 90% of the herb is doing to out body!

Guarana Extract (22% caffeine) therefore 910mg of guarana is equivalent of 200mg caffeine.
Kola nut contains 20% caffeine

Lastly, White Willow Bark (15% salicin) is the equivalent of Aspirin.

You can buy either eph hcl or a ready made herbal stack from www.astronutrition.com . My personal favourite available at present would be something like 'Grenade' available from www.musclefinesse.com . Strong, sound product, albiet slightly 'tut' worthy packaging!

Alternatively, visit Boots and ask for "Do Do Chesteze". Chesteze helps when you have a tight chest so u can tell the vendor that your chest isn’t too good. One chesteze contins 18.3mg ephedrine. it also contains theophylline. Some people react to theophylline so if you are using chesteze, always start at a low dose for the first 3 days to see how you will react.

Caffeine can be bought from various online retailers ( www.myprotein.co.uk www.monstersupplements.com etc) or can be bought from chemists or your local supermarket in the form of ProPlus, though these work out more expensive than the online options. (each proplus pill contains 50mg caffeine)

Possible Side Effects

Anxiety, shaking, increased sweating, lightheadedness, dizziness, light headache, gastrointestinal distress, insomnia, irregular heartbeat, increased heart rate, heart palpitations, inreased blood pressure, stroke, seizures, psychosis etc..people who are easily depressed should be on a watch out because the eph will increase their depression. Increased sweating/heat production means you need to drink more water. Moreover, ephedrine can be addictive if taken for more than 6 months.

Tell me exaclty whats a load of dribble considering thats pretty much what i said but with alot of the jargon in it..
Craig W

5th Apr 08 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
I paid £32 i think and got 300, but thats only a months supply as they are only 8mg tabs so i take 3 tabs twice a day.

Got them from a link off muscletalk, can't remember the websites name but if you go on mt website under the forum bit you'll be able to see the links

You need proper ones, ie 30mg tabs
Doug

6th Apr 08 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a thermogenic.

Get it as a stack with caffine and Asprin!

As CraigW says, the 30mg are the best

[Edited on 06-04-2008 by Doug]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Ephedrine 23 database queries in 0.9838979 seconds