corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » RX7's

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RX7's
loo_goblin

User status: Offline
10th Apr 08 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a few members on here have had RX7's in the past, i was wondering if people could explain them to me. Did they make UK ones?? what are all the enigne options etc etc
scoob
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes there are a few uk ones kicking about get on www.mazdarotaryclub.com for all the engine outputs
Gsi_Ire

10th Apr 08 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they did make english ones.
i dont think there was engine options.
i am looking for one atm, gen3. they all came with 13b engine i think. twin turbo jobby.
scoob
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they all come with the 13b twin turbo but some make diffrent bhp
Mattb

10th Apr 08 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get an FB and be cool.......

ed_jones

10th Apr 08 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what i know isnt there a 1.3 turbo and then either a 2.0 or 2.5 twin turbo. Have a look on piston heads. One of my fav cars and id love a mega quick one in a year or two
Tom

10th Apr 08 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed_jones
from what i know isnt there a 1.3 turbo and then either a 2.0 or 2.5 twin turbo. Have a look on piston heads. One of my fav cars and id love a mega quick one in a year or two

AndyCorsaSport

10th Apr 08 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

1.3 Turbo, Twin Rotary, making them 2.6 Twin Turbo.
Tom

10th Apr 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here we go
Robin
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
quote:

Eh?
Robin
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like an RX7, but I'd also like a car which didn't catch fire every 4 minutes.
Gareth

10th Apr 08 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big balls required to own one of these 3000 for a rebuild if it goes wrong but they are serious machines
Ryk

10th Apr 08 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From all the litterature I have on them I think I remember somewhere reading that only 126 uk cars were sold. I can't imagine there'll be 50% left so in my view they'll be like rocking horse dung to find.
Also, I personally wouldn't but a uk, the Jap stuff is so clean and rust free in comparison to over here. They hardly use cars over there and have extremely tight laws about emmisions etc so thats why they come over with such low mileage.
Loved mine, but it just wasn't my kind of car. Piccies in my garage if your interested....
Gareth

10th Apr 08 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very nice m8 engine standard or modified?
Ryk

10th Apr 08 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I'd like an RX7, but I'd also like a car which didn't catch fire every 4 minutes.

Had mine a year, drove it most weekends and dry evenings in the summer plus most days when I was flossing between jobs and not once did I have a problem with it.
The engines are designed to be revved and suffer more if there tickled on a regular basis. Mine was red lined everytime I was in it (really to here the gear change beep lol) and topped out at 165mph. Awesome but speed isn't everything and I still miss my Corsa....
CorsAsh

10th Apr 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a UK one on Pistonheads for £6.5k.

I would have had it if I was in the country at the moment.
Ryk

10th Apr 08 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth John
Looks very nice m8 engine standard or modified?

Me??
It was almost completely standard when I got it. just aftermarket wheels and the added important guages inside. The wheels were soon changed for the 18's and I fitted an atmospheric dump valve. I changed the clutch for a racing one from WGT (can't remember what) and had it decat. I managed to pull a 13.8 at Pod which I was more than happy with, considering the hefty 18's and install. Aaahh memories....
corsasriboy

10th Apr 08 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

funny you should mention about them catching on fire robin, my friend bought one about 6 months ago, think he paid about 4.5k for it. the engine blew up so he borrowed some money to fix it (3.5k) and yesterday it caught on fire and burnt half the car to charcoal. good cars
CorsAsh

10th Apr 08 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fires?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfhR52b6cY

scoob
Premium Member

11th Apr 08 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/andy_rx7/?action=view&current=MOV00025.flv

had mine about 2 years id have another
Stu

11th Apr 08 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they are ace cars!!! Dont know much about Wankel engines which always put me off slightly, but thats like anything......when I had the P1 I picked up loads of knowledge about the EJ20 and turbos etc, now I have the TVR I know loads about the Speed Six engine, you just get to know about what you have!

£3k for a rebuild is nothing!!!! I think when you buy an RX7 you need to keep some money back for this, just like I did with the TVR. Reliable cars are usually boring anyway!

It between the RX7 and the S14a 200sx for the title of favourite RWD Jap turbo nutter for me!
Mattb

11th Apr 08 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
quote:

actually each rotor is 654cc, making it a 1308cc engine.. its just the dvla wants your money so classes it as a 2.6.... the same way my 12A engine is apparently a 2.3
CorsAsh

11th Apr 08 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of people tax them as 1.3 though don't they?
Mattb

11th Apr 08 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently you can go to mazda, and get a letter saying its actually a 1.3 and send it to the dvla to get the tax dropped..

how true that is i dont know...
CorsAsh

11th Apr 08 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotta be worth a shot.

And as I understand, each rotor face displaces 654cc, and as four are involved in air fuel mixing/ignition, the remaining two are in the exhaust phase, so some people add the four faces to give the 2.6l figure.

I prefer the idea of a 1.3 with uberpower anyway. There's a street nearby called "Wankelstrasse" so I need to get one and take pics of it there

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » RX7's 22 database queries in 0.0136359 seconds