corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Signings

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Signings
Conway563

User status: Offline
28th Apr 08 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With Spurs now starting off the summer transfers with Modric who do expect you team to sign/sell this summer.
Danny P

28th Apr 08 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have 16 players out of contract this summer, that leaves us with about 10 players, so we best sign someone
Marc

28th Apr 08 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have a clue who we'll sign. We bought big last summer and didn't think we would come the next transfer window, but from what I've read Fergie wants to spend big again this time too!

I think we could do with a left and or right back (Depending on Garys fitness) Having said that, Brown has done pretty well most of the season. We have Silvestre back, he doesn't set the team on fire but hes fairly steady away!

Midfield I think we have more than enough cover, Parks back, Fletcher is back, Anderson has been amazing. Giggs has been a bit off of late, Nani can step in though.

I think we definatley need another striker. Goals wise it doesn't show that we need one but if anything happened to Rooney and Tevez we either rely on Giggs or Ronaldo to step up. Saha is a waste of space, pretty much picking and choosing when hes going to play. Hes nearly 30 so maybe he should be moving on. Welbeck is only 18 and hasn't featured yet.
--DAN--

28th Apr 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saha HAS to go for me, but I don't know who'll take a risk on him??

Would love us to go for Benzema but I can't see it happening to be honest.
Cosmo

28th Apr 08 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I expect....Kewell (out of contract), Carson, Riise, Crouch and Voronin to 100% leave. And then maybe's over Pennant and Alonso. Aswell as a few youngsters such as Guthrie and Anderson maybe.

As for signings...

Starting from the front - I expect Babel to step up and be played up there a little more. So I'd like to see us sign another up and coming as back up for those two and Kuyt, aswell as the youngsters we already have (Nemeth has been on fire for the reserves).

In midfield I think we still need a winger or two. Kuyt will more than likely still play on the right, and does a good job mostly, with the likes of Babel, Pennant and Benayoun being options. I think a big big signing is needed here though, and top of my list would probably be Quaresma, although Bentley keeps being mentioned and I dont want this at all.. The other rumour is Alonso leaving. I'd love to see him stay personally as their isnt a player we could buy who I think could replace him, but if he does then Barry seems to be one of the options being mentioned.

We are sorted in central defence with Carra, Skrtel and Agger (who will be like a new signing!), and Hyypia as cover. LB is OK with Aurellio and Insua coming through as back up, and Arbeloa can also play there. RB we only have Arbeloa, with Finnan really slowing down, so hope we sign a top class RB as this will also help Kuyt out should he be on the right.
Marc

28th Apr 08 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You think you'll keep hold of Kuyt?
--DAN--

28th Apr 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe Gareth Barry aswell Cosmo???
Cosmo

28th Apr 08 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Marc, 100%. Only reason he would leave is if he asked as is meant to be a bit homesick after his Dad's death so may want to go back to Holland - I seriously doubt it though.

Dan - I mentioned him. Will only happen if Alonso goes, as we really dont need another central midfielder with Gerrard, Masch, Lucas and Plessis. Would rather see Alonso being used as bait for someone in Spain if he is wanting to go.
Cosmo

28th Apr 08 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like their could be some competition for RB's this summer aswell
--DAN--

28th Apr 08 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Yeah Marc, 100%. Only reason he would leave is if he asked as is meant to be a bit homesick after his Dad's death so may want to go back to Holland - I seriously doubt it though.

Dan - I mentioned him. Will only happen if Alonso goes, as we really dont need another central midfielder with Gerrard, Masch, Lucas and Plessis. Would rather see Alonso being used as bait for someone in Spain if he is wanting to go.

Doh, must have skimmed over that

Do you think lucas could step up to replace Alonso as early as next season?
--DAN--

28th Apr 08 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Looks like their could be some competition for RB's this summer aswell

left back always used to be the problem!

You could take Nev on loan to get his fitness up
Cosmo

28th Apr 08 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-dan
Do you think lucas could step up to replace Alonso as early as next season?

Totally different types of players IMO.

Lucas is more of a Gerrard type in the fact he'll drive forward, where as Alonso sits and spreads the ball all over the show. Plessis is identical to Alonso in that way - but its certainly too soon for him to step up, especially over a whole season.

We could just drop Gerrard back in next to Masch and play 4-4-2, but in that case Kuyt couldnt play RW so we'd need both LW and RW players!!
Robbo

28th Apr 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In: WC Defender, WC Striker
Out: Lehmann, Gilberto,

Need to keep hold of Helb and Flamini

Need to look for another WC defender IMO to cover at the back and then look at some attacking options... David Villa would be fantastic!
--DAN--

28th Apr 08 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
In: WC Defender, WC Striker
Out: Lehmann, Gilberto,

Need to keep hold of Helb and Flamini

Need to look for another WC defender IMO to cover at the back and then look at some attacking options... David Villa would be fantastic!

Will Arsene be prepared to spend some cash though?
strick206

28th Apr 08 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out will be Saha i would have thought, most likely on loan as i don't think anyone will buy him

In, we need a striker, this is the position i think he is planning on spending big on, Benzema will cost a lot but looks a real talent

I think giggs will step back next season and become cover for nani, i hope so anyway as nani will come on a lot next season i think

Possibly cover at right back but Hargreaves has done a good job when asked to so maybe that won't be at the top of his ideas

Welbeck is getting some excellent reviews and we may see him a couple of times next season in the first team, against bottom of the league type teams to see how he is

A striker is a must though, an actual striker and not a forward
strick206

28th Apr 08 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Will Arsene be prepared to spend some cash though?

No, he will be looking for some fresh young ass
Cosmo

28th Apr 08 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you see another striker fitting into the team with Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo (i.e. what do you see as the starting team/formation)?
strick206

28th Apr 08 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How do you see another striker fitting into the team with Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo (i.e. what do you see as the starting team/formation)?

Obv we cant play them all, will have to be a bit of rotation using our strength in depth

Marc

28th Apr 08 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly. Its working at the moment having Rooney and Tevez with Ronaldo moving forward when needed, but as you keep saying Cosmo, strength in depth is the key!

I'd like to see another striker as its always good to have a differant option.
Hammer

28th Apr 08 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're being linked with sicknote Kewell, don't know what to make of it tbh most fans are saying it would be stupid but i wouldn't mind as long as it was a pay as you play deal.

Think he's still got something Cosmo?
--DAN--

28th Apr 08 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know we score more goals than most, but I feel we don't convert a lot of the easier chances we create, an out and out striker would help us kill games off quicker.
strick206

28th Apr 08 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know we score more goals than most, but I feel we don't convert a lot of the easier chances we create, an out and out striker would help us kill games off quicker.

Rooney and tevez miss far too many one on ones, a world class striker would see us convert many more chances i think
--DAN--

28th Apr 08 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

Rooney and tevez miss far too many one on ones, a world class striker would see us convert many more chances i think

Exactly, Rooney has lost his composure in front of goal imo, although his finish on saturday was excellent.
Marc

28th Apr 08 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rooney has a lot of off days, but when on form hes amongst the best.
Conway563

28th Apr 08 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In - I think we need a decent LB. Although Enrique has looked good lately he's still young and he is the only LB we really have.
A decent CB with some experience, Dunne is being mentioned at the moment.
Someone with a bit more creativity in midfield. Looked like that was going to be Modric for a while but not really sure what happened there as if reports are to be believed Spurs have paid nearly £5m less than we offered.
Another striker. The system we are now playing seems to be working but Viduka won't be able to play every game next year IMO and Carroll isn't quite ready to step up. I think we'll go for someone like Crouch or Kuyt who can hold the ball up a bit and play others in. Henry is still being mentioned and I think we will try and sign him but cant see him agreeing to it.
Also think we'll continue the way we left off in January and bring in some more young players. Sam Vokes and Giles Barnes are both being linked strongly.

Out - Carr. Never really cut it IMO and is out of contract.
Rohzenhal, doesn't want to play anywhere other than CB and wants gauranteed games.
N'Zogbia, the boys got bags of talent but is another sulky french bastard.
Emre, would love to see him stay but think he'll probably go back to Turkey.
Ramage, out of contract and will probably end up at one of the promoted teams or a top half championship.
Troisi, looked like he was off but apparently there's a stumbling bloke over a fee as he's out of contract but is an academy product.
Ameobi, loan should become permanent

Edit - Fuck, think I just turned in to Paul_J
Could also see either Given or Harper leave. Personally I would rather keep Harper as Given has never really been the same since the injury at West Ham

[Edited on 28-04-2008 by Conway563]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Signings 23 database queries in 0.2168360 seconds