corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my polar sea blue one :D UPDATE!*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my polar sea blue one :D UPDATE!*
cjohnson

User status: Offline
5th May 08 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This isn't a project asin me droppin a C20LET in my car lol, although it's always an option in the future lol

As I can't even drive it on my provisional until August, all my time AND MONEY is going into making it look well lol...

This is what it looked like when I got it...

Engine is yet to be steam cleaned at my Dad's work lol

First job was to take all s**tty stickers outta widows lol then de-badge it...

GLS gone...

Then I bought some whit sidelight bulbs... looks alot better than standard ones...

Then onenight last week the weather was good so gave it a wash and polish (The red Autoglym polish is awesome) lol

I see... ME! lol

Dad gave me some 6x9s out of a car he's selling, so that was Sunday's job! They sound good quiet but crackly loud lol, they're just cheap ones but will do for now!

was quite hard work cutting the holes out with a stanley knife lol

don't look too bad fitted though.

Just used speaker wires that were already there for standard rear speakers but made them longer..

Thats it for now appart from general cleaning and stuff.. Got some -60mm lowering springs on there way, should be here tomorrow... Also gota badgeless grill ordered,some black headlights but dunno if there proper depos and some clear side repeaters on their way...

Although I'm young... I know what looks good and what looks s**t lol, so my car won't look like something that comes out of a matchbox packet lol..

I've already been asked if I'm "kitting it up" lol, I was like er no!

Here's a pic that someone photoshopped me earlier...

Tyre profile looks massive lol, what profile do you think I could get on them wheels?? they're 14" thts all I know atm... I'll give proper sizes tomorrow..

What you reckon to it then??

Any help on what to do would be appreciated

CJ..

[Edited on 01-08-2008 by cjohnson]
cjohnson

5th May 08 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry pics are small btw lol, Which size do I pick on Tinypic? If I have it default they're huge!

CJ..
Corsa_Scotty

5th May 08 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate
cjohnson

7th May 08 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got my badgeless grille yesterday so that's fitted, looks well!

And I also got a punto rear wiper from a lad from college today...

It is extremely small!! lol, do they do 2 sizes of the wiper because it clears like 6" less than standard vauxhall one! lol

CJ..
Corsa_Scotty

7th May 08 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think a Fiat Marea one is bigger mate
cjohnson

7th May 08 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oryt cheersmate, just looks abit silly when it's working and only clearing half of the window! lol, and I can't see it been much use when it's lashing it down! lol... Your only person to write in here! cheers mate lol

CJ..
Adam C
Premium Member

7th May 08 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't you say you where going to get bored with it after a while and wouldn't be arsed to do anything with it?

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
cjohnson

7th May 08 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Errrm... cant remember mate lol, but if I do get bored of it, it won't be any time soon haha, I'm getting a spoiler for it tomorrow off a mate, clear side repeaters and lowering springs should be here tomorrow also lol

CJ..
Adam C
Premium Member

8th May 08 at 00:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You did say in General Chat that you would get bored and couldn't be assed with it, but nevermind aye

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
cjohnson

8th May 08 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah i remember lol, i meant that i would get bored of wanting to do lots of stuff on it as soon as I got it and take it slower,(novelty will wear off) cause atm all of my money goes on this! lol, was trying to think then cause thought "eh, I'd never get bored of doing stuff to make it look better :S" lol ..

CJ.
SAS-1991

8th May 08 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright matey, Well what can i say?! Car is fairly coming on now init? Your makin me soo jelouse now, just stop doin stuff till i get a car at least, looks better every day, It seems to have changed like loads since the last time i came up...Like 3 days ago?? lol, i dunno why?

Well keep it up, ill come up for a gander some time soon.

Cheers Matey....L.Y....ShaunX
cjohnson

8th May 08 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oryt mate.. Well you know, slowly but surely lol... awwww you'll have to hurry up and get one wont u lad! lol, asif by pure luck, Adam still has his spoiler off his corsa! lol, same colour and everything, getting that tonight, £20! Says it will need another coat cause it been kicking round in his garage since he had his car...
Well in the last 3 days I've put badgeless grill and wiper on so it will look different lol... Hopefully my springs should be here today too!! lol.. I'll tet you later, see what your on wi'..

ly xx
cjohnson

17th May 08 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some new bits for car...

Clear side repeaters...

Before..

after...

Springs arrived, lowered back end as thats easy, front is yet to be lowered lol...

Then this morning went to a scrappy and got these bad boys... £1 each!! hey were off a pre 97 though so had to be modified to fit lol, John G helped ... Look ace

Mind the brick under the wheel haha, handbrake needs adjusting and had to jack back end up to fit rear mud flaps lol

I have just bought some cav GSI wheels from Corsa333 on here...

Should look mint with them on lol

CJ..
John G

17th May 08 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheels will need 195/45/15s on mate 50 profile will look huge on your car
cjohnson

17th May 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know lol, but aslong as they don't scrub, I'm gonna run them until they're dead lol, then get some 195/45s... Have to see how good condition the tyres are in when they arrive eyy...

CJ..
John G

17th May 08 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ran 195/50/15s on the cav wheels on my last corsa will no srubbing at the back lowered 60mm and minimal scrubbing on the front lowered 70mm
cjohnson

17th May 08 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh that will be fine then, mine will be lowered 60mm all round... Cant even start driving it on provisional until August anyway lol, so tyres will be Ok for now me thinks!

CJ..
AndyCorsaSport

18th May 08 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a good start mate, 195/50's will be fine, mines dropped 60mm all round on 195/50/15's, looks fine to me

Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

18th May 08 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good wee project you got on the go here, am kinda feelin the rims as well.

You gonna be losing the side strips ?
cjohnson

18th May 08 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Looks like a good start mate, 195/50's will be fine, mines dropped 60mm all round on 195/50/15's, looks fine to me

Well the tyres on the wheels I'm getting are 195/5/15 so we'll have to see lol, like i say though, they're only gonna be that size until I need some new ones, then I'm gonna get some 45s...
cjohnson

18th May 08 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ArchieFrew
Good wee project you got on the go here, am kinda feelin the rims as well.

You gonna be losing the side strips ?

Cheers mate, yeah not many people like cav GSIs but I've always liked them lol, think they look ace on corsas... As for the side strips, I'm in two minds at the min... I want it looking very subtle so I dunno... Also I've heard that a few people have taken them off and it's like taken paint off or it's just manky under there lol... I'll see what I think when I've done some other stuff to it...

CJ..
Minty_Fresh

18th May 08 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much you planning on lowering it?

also get a gsi spoiler
cjohnson

18th May 08 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's lowered 60mm on the back, got the springs for the front, not gonna go mad as it's only a 1 litre, I'll proably only have it a year or so... Having problems with GSI spoilers lol, bought one from a mate, but it was one of them chunky ones, so that was a none starter... they look s**t IMO lol...

So I bought one from ebay for £20... But it wasn't listed, it was one of them where it says corsa sport breaking... Silly me sent him £20 through paypal without thinking! Haven't recieved it and he won't reply to emails!! Badger ... Trying to claim money back from paypal now, then I will be on the look out for another

CJ..
cjohnson

21st May 08 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few days ago, Dad says, Astra GTE vents would look good in that... Then lookedat Torsa Gs car and thought... I must do this!! So bought some off ebay for £20... Hope he doesn't mind me doing it!!

I'm gonna wait until I recieve my spoiler as that should be here soon, then my Dad knows someone who owns a bodyshop so gonna take car to him and ask him to fit vents, paint them same colour as car and also paintmy spoiler... At least it will be perfect colours then...

Do you think I should get bonnet bad boyed while he's doing it??

And also, what do u think to just putting one on the air filter side??

Carl..

[Edited on 21-05-2008 by cjohnson]
pow
Premium Member

22nd May 08 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good, apart from the Vents and those bloody alloys

Caseros, anyting but

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my polar sea blue one :D UPDATE!* 24 database queries in 0.0192618 seconds