corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP!!!
JadeM
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Jun 08 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mini's got a puncture - BIG PROBLEM!!

The key thingy for getting the locking wheel nut off was missing since it went to a guy to get the brakes done

Is there anyway of getting the wheel off without this? There is a tyre place near us that come out to fix punctures, do you think they will have anything available to get the wheel off? They don't open till nine, so I'm looking for a bit of advice before I phone them and look like a right blonde
pow
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin had this problem before didn't he, witht he golf after his little incidnet?

There are a few ways, but bigger tyre places etc have means of taking these bolts of easily.
pow
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few ways include:

-Hammering a 17mm socket over it
-Welding something to move the bolt with
-Extractor tool?
corsa_rob

4th Jun 08 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get them off pretty easily with hammering a 17 over it, other thing is to check the car over and make sure its not in there?! haha mates brother did this ended up smashing stuff up...when finished he opened up his ashtray to find the wheel nut key
pow
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know the mini has a storeage compartment above the glovebox?
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 07:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks folks, ermmm I'll phone mum and get her to double check everywhere 1st.

Pow - where is the glovebox? I didnt think it had one, just a bit for the airbag :O
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 07:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Colin had this problem before didn't he, witht he golf after his little incidnet?

There are a few ways, but bigger tyre places etc have means of taking these bolts of easily.

Yeah he did and it took him days of trying before he eventually got it off, no idea how in the end
pow
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 08:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The silver bit, inbetween the airvent, Press the bottom of it (if it isnt an Airbag) and it pops open
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
The silver bit, inbetween the airvent, Press the bottom of it (if it isnt an Airbag) and it pops open

Between the airvent and the steering wheel?
pow
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the passenger side, above the glovebox
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
On the passenger side, above the glovebox

Its an airbag on ours
pow
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The tyre place will get the wheel off for you no probs! They come expecting people will have lost/no been given/borken locking wheel nuts
Whittie

4th Jun 08 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to get mine welded last week
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone has just told me that I should be able to go and buy a locking wheel nut from a good car accessory shop that will do the job?

I'm away to phone the local tyre place and see what they say brb
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

f*ck f*ck f*ck!! They don't do 'home visits' anymore

Guy says we'll just need to chissel away at it to get it off He's going to phone back with a price for a new tyre
p4uls corsa

4th Jun 08 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will any mini locking wheel nut work?

if so my gf has one you can borrow, pop it in the post to you today if you like??
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p4uls corsa
Will any mini locking wheel nut work?

if so my gf has one you can borrow, pop it in the post to you today if you like??

Thanks Paul, but its not the original BMW wheels that are on it. I phoned the local BMW dealer they could have ordered one for us if it had been their wheels Thanks for the offer anyway
pow
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How bad is the puncture? Blow it up and drive there slowly?
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
How bad is the puncture? Blow it up and drive there slowly?

The tyre was flat when I noticed it, cant see where the airs getting out, but there's a small bulge on the outside rim off the tyre
johnhara1

4th Jun 08 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most garages \ tyre places has a set of special sockets designed to fit locking nuts.

Kwick Fit did this on mine.

Otheriwse they'll just tap them round with a screwdriver and hammer.

[Edited on 04-06-2008 by johnhara1]
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dad's been summoned from work to come and sort it out
pow
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dads are
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm.............. he'll not be a happy chappy btw, he's been at us for weeks to get the lost wheel nut sorted out - in his words "before you get a puncture then you'll be f*cked"
JadeM
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right dads home, he's found this.............anyone tried it?

http://www.lockingwheelnutremover.co.uk/

Fad

4th Jun 08 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a standard locking wheel nut or a proper BMW one? The above could be useless.

I had this problem ended up calling someone out of the yellow pages to deal with it and it cost me £40

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP!!! 23 database queries in 0.0155802 seconds