corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another fuel price topic

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another fuel price topic
Mark.W

User status: Offline
7th Jul 08 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has the rise in fuel prices stopped you from getting the car you wanted.

if so what car did you plan on getting and what car are you thinking of getting now due to the rise in price of fuel?
Scotty C

7th Jul 08 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No
Adam_B

7th Jul 08 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not the price of fuel, but the road tax thing will be taken into consideration if i buy another car anytime soon.
Mark.W

7th Jul 08 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
not the price of fuel, but the road tax thing will be taken into consideration if i buy another car anytime soon.

yeah that was another thing i for got to mention
Mike GSi

7th Jul 08 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope 2.0 Turbo FTW tbh imo my car and motoring in general is my hobbie, i dont mind spending out on my hobbie , there are alot of way more expensive hobbies out there.
Mark.W

7th Jul 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv changed my mind so may times on what car i want next but i was reading on pistonheads that fuel price are gonna keep rising for the next 2 years
dannymccann

7th Jul 08 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuel hasnt (we bought our new car a month ago, a 2.0DTi astra and diesel is pricey) but like Adam said, definetly took into account the fact that even though its a 2001 plate we still only pay £5 more each year instead of a 100% hike etc.

However we bought our car because it is roomy, comfortable, reliable and overall fairly cheap, cant afford a 'hobby' car on student wages hehe
SAL
Premium Member

7th Jul 08 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's putting me off mapping the C, also would need to use a higher ron which atm is £££
Neo

7th Jul 08 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put off a guy at work, was going to get an S3 but with the tax and petrol he decided against it....and went and bought a Mk3 VR6

Petrol price wouldnt stop me with the next car.
pow
Premium Member

7th Jul 08 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stops me selling my current car and going out and buying something else
andy1868

7th Jul 08 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
and went and bought a Mk3 VR6

he bought a VR6 in light of the fuel prices? they're awful on fuel aren't they?

i've just bought the car i've wanted since i can remember regardless of fuel. i only HAVE to do 30 miles a week to get to work and back etc so i don't care AS much as i might. the tax is the same as my old car as well despite a large power hike, which is nice

also, the first tank i had returned 29mpg, which isn't bad considering i had only just bought the car and gave VTEC a warming

[Edited on 07-07-2008 by andy1868]
Mike GSi

7th Jul 08 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
It's putting me off mapping the C, also would need to use a higher ron which atm is £££

ive just had mine mapped and the MPG is increasing by the day although its just had a new MAP sensor AFM and Plugs
JoeyB

7th Jul 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The road tax thing seriously hampered my new car search. I had my heart set on a couple of Astra Coupe Turbos with big BHP figures...until I found out about the new road tax pricing....they were both registered in 2001, a few months the wrong side of March!!

My waiting finally paid off a few weeks back though, as i am now the proud owner of a 2000 model Astra Coupe Turbo...unfortunately I had to settle for standard but at least I know its not been molested....yet.
JM_16v

7th Jul 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope wouldnt stop me at all only thing that i would take into consideration would be the tax
JoeyB

7th Jul 08 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't justify and extra £100 a year.
deano87

7th Jul 08 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kind of, yes.

I am in no place to get a new car, but will want/need one next year when I graduate and start driving to work i.e. using car more often.

1) I'll be keeping the 12v until it starts letting me down.
2) I wanted a 1.8 SRi Corsa C but I can't see that happening.
3) I then decided on a 1.7CDTi SRi Corsa C, but general running costs kind of put me off.
4) 1.3CDTi in SXi+ trim is much more appealing. Better fuel economy than 1.7CDTi, will sit at 70mph no problem, afterall, that is the speed limit AND £35 tax per year.

So yeah, the current economic climate in general has made me change my mind, because the 1.3 will help me save for future more too.
AndyKent

7th Jul 08 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wait Deano, you'll get a full time job and all that will go out the window, you mark my words
deano87

7th Jul 08 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
You wait Deano, you'll get a full time job and all that will go out the window, you mark my words

Probably not.

I will have £17k student loan debt hanging over me, and the want/need to do things because I'm earning. Modding cars/fast cars isn't my main hobby like it is for some people. I just think SXi+ 1.3CDTi Corsa is ideal for me and my circumstances. I'm also tempted my Fiesta ZetecS TDCi because the running cost figures are pretty similar. Insurance also plays a factor too
JoeyB

7th Jul 08 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It has to be said. Performance Diesels are the way forward.
Ash_EP3

7th Jul 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by aPk

Probably not.

I will have £17k student loan debt hanging over me, and the want/need to do things because I'm earning. Modding cars/fast cars isn't my main hobby like it is for some people. I just think SXi+ 1.3CDTi Corsa is ideal for me and my circumstances. I'm also tempted my Fiesta ZetecS TDCi because the running cost figures are pretty similar. Insurance also plays a factor too

You do realise you'll only be paying £20 a month back for the rest of your life???

I will have £8k of student loan debt hanging over me by next summer but I want to get a loan for £8k for an Astra GSi etc... the prices are always going to rise so I thought I might aswell go for performance ASAP!

Otherwise I shall only be looking back in 5 years time thinking oh I want something fast but the tax will be £400+ a year and the petrol over £2 per litre!!!

[Edited on 07-07-2008 by S214_UPP]
Mark.W

7th Jul 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if go ahead next summer and get the car i plan on getting the tax will be £165 for 6 months or £300 for 12 months which i think is shocking imo.
pow
Premium Member

7th Jul 08 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres lots of talk of2001-2007 cars getting taken out of these new taxing rules. Theres plenty of families thatbought a 2.0 family acr that now costs £200-440 odd to tax. If they they known that they wouldn't have bought it.
Jas

7th Jul 08 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tax is the killer 120 for 6months

i think thats what I paid
pow
Premium Member

7th Jul 08 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't understand why we should pay road tax. Our road network is a fucking state anyway. And we pay duty (~50p) and VAT on the duty anyway
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Jul 08 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking forward to paying £10 for 10 miles when my car is done

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another fuel price topic 22 database queries in 0.0127189 seconds