corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » So I played football last night

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So I played football last night
Tom

User status: Offline
18th Jul 08 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played 7-a-side on an astro-turf in the wet (with normal trainers ) with a load of mates who play regularly. The conclusion by my bright red head at the end if that I need to get fit Had a decent game considering I had juyst eaten my tea and haven't played since november, was playing central mid and making a few runs, scored 2 (one of which went in off my back to be fair )and got a pretty good write up from my mates at the end

Hopefully can start playing every thursday now I aint feeling too achey yet I am thinking that will come tomorrow!

[Edited on 18-07-2008 by Tom]
Robbo

18th Jul 08 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started my Monday nights back again last Monday, due to illness etc.

Knackered after first run
RyanSxi

18th Jul 08 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im the fittiest ive been since school.

Get to the gym is the best advice IMO. Or pounds the streets on a night time but that soon got boring for me and started to hurt my legs.
Tom

18th Jul 08 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to do something to get fit but i'm not after getting uber fit just able to play an hour of footy might start running but i'd feel a bit silly unless it was in the gym
RyanSxi

18th Jul 08 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I need to do something to get fit but i'm not after getting uber fit just able to play an hour of footy might start running but i'd feel a bit silly unless it was in the gym

I used to run around the streets before I started going gym. Used to go in winter so it was dark, still my Ipod in my ears and just go.

Gym is alot better though as theres more machines to use, nice environment as you dont get pissed wet through/almosr run over and I ind im more motivated to go gym that run around in the streets.
Robbo

18th Jul 08 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swimming Tom
Tom

18th Jul 08 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm gym it is then

Need to get an ipod, lent my birds quite a bit lately and she has ok taste in music well some of it anyway I cba'd downloading millions of tunes

RyanSxi

18th Jul 08 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Hmmm gym it is then

Need to get an ipod, lent my birds quite a bit lately and she has ok taste in music well some of it anyway I cba'd downloading millions of tunes

I just used Li**Wi*rE ( ) and got about 60ish songs that I like and stuff those on

My fking docking station won't work now tho so cant change the tunes. Getting bored of the ones I've got as most of the stuff I downloaded was new in the charts etc
RyanSxi

18th Jul 08 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Swimming Tom

Yeh swimming is easily the best form of excerise you can do. Easy on the joints and works alot of muscles at once.

Only problem for me is im shit at swimming
Tom

18th Jul 08 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to be in swimming club and stuff when I was younger, just think it'd bore me and knacker me really quickly
RyanSxi

18th Jul 08 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I used to be in swimming club and stuff when I was younger, just think it'd bore me and knacker me really quickly

Go to the gym instead of drinking beer Tom

Im going tonight, starting going every Friday and Monday then have football on Tuesday/Wednesday.
Tom

18th Jul 08 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ryan stop swearing at me

None of this instead malarky please I may go next week in the evening
RyanSxi

18th Jul 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Ryan stop swearing at me

None of this instead malarky please I may go next week in the evening

Beer really is the devil when it comes to loosing weight/getting fit.

This is because, when you drink you end up eating crap foot like kebabs etc so that not good. Then the next day you end up laying around and having some form of crap fod to sort you out. Then thats 2 days of hardly any excercise.

Tom

18th Jul 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't care about that, I am not wanting to get proper fit, it's not more important to me than going out and having a good session in the pub I just want to not die when i play football
Carl

18th Jul 08 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just keep going there Tom,you will get fitter. Try and play somewhere else as well on another day of the week. I go training with a mate 5 a side, with really good players, proper intense, loads fitter now. Mark Crossley was there other week, i was laughing my head off when they were shooting from long range trying to score against him in 5 a side nets, hes a right unit, proper diving about blocking one on ones and lot!
Also started on a Sunday as its pre season for sunday league teams, join training for one of those, don't have to sign on or anything.
Tom

18th Jul 08 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL trying to get past Crossley anyway in a 5-a-side net

Yeah most of the lads I played with last night play for one of two teams, think i might start training with them too
Tom

25th Jul 08 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played again last night 7-a-side for an hour which was bad enough after 3/4 hours sleep and a huge hangover. Then when we were finising there was a local team training and half of them hadn't turned up so some of decided to play them 6-a-side for another hour fucked is not the word! I played ok though tbh, went on my ass trying to score a volley left footed after the ball dropped over my shoulder it looked pretty silly tbh I really need to go for a run this weekend.
J da Silva

25th Jul 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
just keep going there Tom,you will get fitter. Try and play somewhere else as well on another day of the week. I go training with a mate 5 a side, with really good players, proper intense, loads fitter now. Mark Crossley was there other week, i was laughing my head off when they were shooting from long range trying to score against him in 5 a side nets, hes a right unit, proper diving about blocking one on ones and lot!
Also started on a Sunday as its pre season for sunday league teams, join training for one of those, don't have to sign on or anything.

I met Crossley not long back as he's friends with Billy Mercer, Billy plays in my 6-a-side team, nice chap.

[Edited on 25-07-2008 by Jizinho Silva 10]
Tom

25th Jul 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The team we played last night are in west cheshire league division one and are pretty handy, they passed us off the park tbh cos' we were all done in lol
Marc

25th Jul 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been back playing 4 weeks after about 8 months out after I injured my left calf at the end of last season.

Fell over last week when I slipped on a load of sand as my leg was up in the air catching a ball that was crossed over to me. The result was me sliding on my front and slices my right arm open! Quite painful and looks quite grim!

Been playing mainly left/right back until I get back in to it. I don't generally go past half way anyway. I prefer to play trhe wings and cross the ball in. Reult being I do a lot of running and don't see much of the ball!
MatthewR

25th Jul 08 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that Marc????????????
jr

25th Jul 08 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Play 5 a-side on thurs, but the other nights cycle about 6 miles just to keep fitness up a bit, and hopefully get better too

has worked, but still doesnt stop me goal hanging
Carl

26th Jul 08 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

I met Crossley not long back as he's friends with Billy Mercer, Billy plays in my 6-a-side team, nice chap.

[Edited on 25-07-2008 by Jizinho Silva 10]

He's a big bloke aint he, I took his standing leg about 5 minutes in and flawed him, glad he took it well.
Marc

26th Jul 08 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
cheers for that Marc????????????

No problem????????????
Tom

8th Aug 08 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played again last night, we only had 5-a-side so moved goals in a bit this week much more enjoyable apart from some bellend in my team insisted on trying to carry the ball through the middle on his own til he ran into trouble (every time) and then played an akward ball out to me on the right Simple stuff will do it's only 5-a-side ffs

I played pretty well though, had loads of energy last night and didn't stop running

[Edited on 08-08-2008 by Tom]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » So I played football last night 23 database queries in 0.0136602 seconds