corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Are Liverpool fans the most deluded in the world?? (I know of 2 that are)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are Liverpool fans the most deluded in the world?? (I know of 2 that are)
mikenoncorsa

User status: Offline
28th Jul 08 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw this on PH so thought i'd copy it over here for you guys to read...............

I know Newcastle fans are quite high up there, thinking themselves a big club with good fans, when a few years ago they were having attendances of less than 20,000. But every year Liverpool fans seem to take it to a whole new level, believing that they actually have a chance of winning the league, when in reality they will be lucky to finish fourth with Spurs and Everton potentially having better squads.

Here is a post from one of their deluded number :-

10 Reasons why Liverpool will win the league next season.

1. We are not that far off.

If you were a betting man and a statistics enthusiasts you’d excited after studying Liverpools last few league campaigns. Ask any statistician and they will tell you that trends are everything in their line of work. In 2004/2005, Benitez’s first season Liverpool finished 37 points behind the winners. Since then we’ve closed the gap and in the season just gone we finished just 11 points behind. Not that far off considering if we beat Man United home and away, which would have happened if it weren’t for incompetent refereeing we would have won the league. We are not that far off.

2. The manager.

Rafa’s done it; he knows how to win the league now. This season we’ve seen a dramatic change in tactics seeing us beat teams by six or more goals. We were also in the league right up until April, when United managed to jammy a win over us. Rafa has also got the balance right in his rotation policy. Problems off the field caused us to lose concentration at a critical time.

3. The prospect of getting some DIC.

There’s no doubt that if we went with DIC over the yank s we would be chasing a treble right about now. Once we become par with United and Chelsea in terms of spending god help the rest of the league and the rest of Europe. A sleeping giant is about to rise. With a bit of DIC, that will happen next season.

4. El Nino.

For those of you that aren’t aware, Torres has scored the most goals by a foreigner in his first season. Yep, you heard right. More than Van Nistelrooy, Henry and Ronaldo. Considering it usually take foreigners 12-14 months to adapt, the prospect of what Torres will become is simply mouth watering. For me he’s far and away TBPITW. He has more to his game than Ronaldo, who is so vastly overrated it’s not funny. You would expect Torres to get somewhere in the range of 40-50 goals next season. Premiership defenders just aren’t accomplished enough to deal with him.

5. Our Midfield.

Everyone’s heard the song and a few other teams imitate it, but there’s no doubt who actually has the best midfield is the world. With Alonso and Macherano opposition teams just have simply no chance of playing through us. With Lucas, we probably have the most exciting young midfield prospect in the world. With Gerrard driving power in front, we simply have the midfield that is the envy of all Europe.

6. Skrtel and Agger.

With these two leading from that back next season expect us to concede few goals, especially in the league, where I’d be surprised if we conceded more than 12. Not only are they accomplished defenders but they can also use the ball as good as any midfielder. With Carragher possibly going to right back we will have the most penetrable wall since Berlin fell. Even the Chinese would be proud of such a wall.

7. The new signings.

All in all we have a great spine. If we went to see a chiropractor, he’d have quick feel and take some photos for his textbook so he could show clients what the perfect posture and spine looks like. Therefore, we just need a couple of players to play ancillary roles along with one or two major signings. We can only speculate at the moment. But you know there’s going to be big names. I would expect someone to partner Torres and I imagine Rafa pulling of the coup of the season for this position. Imagine the damage that Kaka from Milan or Benzemia from Lyon could inflict on the premiership. If I were a manc or a bitter, I’d be stting myself right now with the though that we could possible sign those type of players.

8. The opposition.

On paper the mancs look favourite for next season, but consider this: Only very rarely to teams win three league titles in a row. Have a look through the history books if you like. I’ve done the maths and the mancs only have about a 1 in 15 chance of winning it next season. Arsenal and Chelsea will be going though rebuilding phases. Half the Arsenal team are already off and Chelsea have already lost Drogba and Ambrovich has promised a cleanse. Now is the perfect time for us to take advantage of this and win ourselves a league title the same way Chelsea took advantage of Arsenal and United rebuilding to win there first Premier League crown.

9. The supporters.

Do I need say more? We get ourselves in position to win the league come late April or May next season and the supporters will do the rest. Could you imagine the Kop with us closing in on the league title? Best supporters in Europe.

10. The status-quo

I see a lot of supporters worrying about United overtaking our league title haul. You can only laugh at these fools. Liverpool have been the top dog in England for pretty much ever and it’s not about to change anytime soon. It’s squeaky bum time, as Fergie calls it, for the mancs right now. They know we are on the verge of getting our act together and they know that as soon as we get that first one the floodgates will open. They know they will never have a better chance to go level with us and you’ll see the nervousness creep in. “Knock us off our perch” yeaaaahh right. Check back in a few years and it will be 25 - 17.
Marc

28th Jul 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOLZ!
Cosmo

28th Jul 08 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow thats a big read, not sure if I can be bothered
Marc

28th Jul 08 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I skimmed it
Cosmo

28th Jul 08 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of it is fairly funny actually - not for the same reason as posted but for the way a scum or blue nose has obviously taken a few comments and added the last line to each of them to make them seem bad
Marc

28th Jul 08 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wrote it didn't you
mikenoncorsa

28th Jul 08 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
You wrote it didn't you

Think it was a joint effort between him and tom?? Just a rumour i heard

[Edited on 28-07-2008 by mikenoncorsa]
Cosmo

28th Jul 08 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be perfectly honest the beginning of most of those points are written by a Liverpool fan - or at least copied from Liverpool fans - as they are things I hear and say a lot. And to me they make sense.

Like I said though its the last line in each of the points thats added to twist it
philrussell81

28th Jul 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

el nino.....

hahaha!
Cosmo

28th Jul 08 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by philwestwood
el nino.....

hahaha!

That was his nickname in Spain, wasnt made up by us!
Jules

28th Jul 08 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say no they're not (not read the original post as I really cba!)

Spurs fans are far more deluded most of the time
Tom

28th Jul 08 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wrote it

I would never actually make a post like that, not because I don't agree with alot of it but just mainly cos' it might come back and bite me in the ass
Eck
Premium Member

28th Jul 08 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For those of you that aren’t aware, Torres has scored the most goals by a foreigner in his first season. Yep, you heard right. More than Van Nistelrooy, Henry and Ronaldo. Considering it usually take foreigners 12-14 months to adapt, the prospect of what Torres will become is simply mouth watering. For me he’s far and away TBPITW. He has more to his game than Ronaldo, who is so vastly overrated it’s not funny. You would expect Torres to get somewhere in the range of 40-50 goals next season. Premiership defenders just aren’t accomplished enough to deal with him.

I lol'd.
Cosmo

28th Jul 08 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

I od'd.

We all know this, no need to keep going on about it.
Tom

28th Jul 08 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't read it all btw cos' it's too cringe worthy so I don't know what I agree with or not
Cosmo

28th Jul 08 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I didn't read it all btw cos' it's too cringe worthy so I don't know what I agree with or not

You'll more than likely agree witht he first few lines of each point (well made points, more than likely by some bright Liverpool fan) and then disagree with the last line or two of each point (more than likely written by some inbred scum or blue nose fan).
Eck
Premium Member

28th Jul 08 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did notice that. They did start off with truths, but then descended into a complete farce by the end
Limecat
Banned

28th Jul 08 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL @ the contractions.

On one hand he is blowing smoke up Torres' arse and saying it takes 12-14 months for a foreigner to adapt, then they are pipedreaming about Kaka or Benzema?

My personal favourite is "Not that far off considering if we beat Man United home and away, which would have happened if it weren’t for incompetent refereeing we would have won the league". No, they would still only have finished third. Silly me, I must have missed all of the wrongly offside goals that Liverpool scored, as well as wondering why all 4 of the ones Red Scum scored were allowed to stand? Where were the fans that would take care of the rest then, eh?
Cosmo

28th Jul 08 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do realise half of these are made up dont you?
Limecat
Banned

29th Jul 08 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proof or STFU!

To be fair, I think Tottenham fans are the most deluded. It isn't just part of the end of their dicks that get taken at birth, they remove half of their cranium as well.

(Taken ages to type due to PC virus!)
Cosmo

29th Jul 08 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Proof or STFU!

TBH the most proof I can give you is that Im a member of a few Liverpool forums and read the majority of the biggest ones - and although Ive seen a lot of the first bits mentioned before the latter of each point is fairly obviously made up.

I'd say thats a lot more proof than you can give that they are not made up.
Limecat
Banned

29th Jul 08 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plenty of places it could have come frother than a solely Liverpool biased site. Some of the stuff I read on the BBC site makes me cringe.
Robbo

29th Jul 08 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few good points but the rest is no less than id expect from a yid or newcartle fan! (mad moe aside)
Hammer

29th Jul 08 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a complete piss take to me tbh.
MatthewR

29th Jul 08 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Are Liverpool fans the most deluded in the world?? (I know of 2 that are) 23 database queries in 0.0161221 seconds