corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Official Focus RS product bulletin....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Focus RS product bulletin....
BYRON

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 08 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just recieved this bulletin from Ford this morning...majority of references were already known.

Ford’s fastest-ever European production car, the 2009 Focus RS, will be priced from £24,995 when it goes on sale in the UK in March.

The new Focus RS is the first Ford to wear the famous Rallye Sport badge since the first-generation Focus RS was launched seven years ago, and the 22nd since 1970.

RS denotes a distinctive blend of high performance, road-holding, refinement, safety and value for money, and reflects a proud tradition of successful motor sports involvement that continues to the present day.

Under the bonnet of the Ford Focus RS is a turbocharged 2.5-litre, five-cylinder Duratec petrol engine, with a confirmed 305PS and 440Nm peak torque. Features include unique camshafts and a revised cylinder head and gasket, intake and manifold system.

Front-wheel-driven through a six-speed transmission, the Focus RS accelerates from 0-62mph in under six seconds and has a targeted top speed of over 160mph.

A class-leading balance of traction, sports handling and performance is achieved through the combination of a Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing limited-slip differential and innovative RevoKnuckle front-suspension system.

These features are complemented by a wider track, enhanced drive-shafts and rear anti-roll bar, revised springs and dampers and retuned steering, while a specially developed version of Ford’s Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Traction Assist (TA) provides added assurance.

Uprated disc brakes – 336mm ventilated front and 300mm rear – combine with an anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake-force distribution (EBD) and Emergency Brake Assist (EBA) to supply a reassuringly high degree of stopping power.

Taking its place as the top-of-the-range Focus, the RS will be immediately distinguishable on the road, with its unique bonnet, front bumper and side skirts. Also unique to the model are its 19-inch alloy wheels, shod with 235/35 tyres.

The rear twin-bladed spoiler - the continuation of an RS tradition – and the power/heated door mirrors are also distinctive, with their high-gloss black finish.

Xenon headlights with automatic levelling and jet-wash are provided, with LED lights at the rear. Dual chrome tailpipes add a further sporting dash.

A Quickclear heated windscreen is fitted, and privacy glass for the rear. A Ford Easy Fill fuelling system removes any risk of costly mis-fuelling errors at the pump.

The driver and front passenger benefit from unique Recaro sports seats, with side bolsters trimmed to match the colour of the car – green for Ultimate Green models, blue for those finished in Performance Blue or Frozen White. Rear passengers are comfortably accommodated in a sculpted Recaro-style seat.

A manual air-conditioning system is provided, and in-car entertainment in the form of a Sony radio and six-disc CD player with DAB. A Ford Power button allows for keyless engine ignition, and a Thatcham Category 1 alarm is standard.

A £750 Luxury Pack includes the options of Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC) air-conditioning; automatic headlights; rain-sensor wipers; auto-dim rear-view mirror; rear parking-distance sensors; tyre deflation-detection; and a Ford Key-Free system. The £1,500 version of the Luxury Pack adds in a Touchscreen DVD Navigation System, with seven-inch touch-screen.

Other optional extras include partially leather-trimmed seats at £500 and, for £200, Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity and USB port. Specifying a metallic version of the Performance Blue paintwork costs £395, while a Tri-Coat Metallic Ultimate Green finish carries a £695 price tag.

The standard price of the flagship Focus RS compares with £20,408 for the ST3, the existing top-of-the-range Focus.
Colin

22nd Dec 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen that about a week ago

Im thinking too expensive...........might wait til summer & see if theres any discount/pre-owned available.
BYRON

22nd Dec 08 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Seen that about a week ago

Im thinking too expensive...........might wait til summer & see if theres any discount/pre-owned available.

Its not new news - but is now 'official product information' amongst the leasing industry. Its up to me to put a future value on this car
Colin

22nd Dec 08 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go then, give me your 12/24/36 month values

Id like one, but think theres better bargains out there just now. Id end up paying close to 30k for it, spec'd up & with a finance package. Im not sure it would be worth doing. I cant see it holding its value like the mk1 either!?
BYRON

22nd Dec 08 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Go then, give me your 12/24/36 month values

Id like one, but think theres better bargains out there just now. Id end up paying close to 30k for it, spec'd up & with a finance package. Im not sure it would be worth doing. I cant see it holding its value like the mk1 either!?

I wouldnt entertain any 12 month business at the minute - more volatile and uncertain than it ever has been.
Not yet had a chance to look at a future value proposal as yet either although I imagine atleast a minimum of a 50% retention at 3yrs 60k though.
dannymccann

22nd Dec 08 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

305bhp / 440ft FWD

Understeer anyone? Surely?
stubbsy05

22nd Dec 08 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What power did the Astra VXR have through the front wheels when Top Gear slated it?
BluKoo

22nd Dec 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
305bhp / 440ft FWD

If you want to accelerate into a corner, to too early out of it, then yes

As i've said in the past. It will only be those who can't drive properly that will find that much power a problem.
richc

22nd Dec 08 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S
What power did the Astra VXR have through the front wheels when Top Gear slated it?

But i have not heard anyone else complain about that bar clarkson
Ben J

22nd Dec 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S

But i have not heard anyone else complain about that bar clarkson

Yeah, the TG test car was a pre production model, running SRI brakes and suspension!!! Understeer is not a problem at all.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Dec 08 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
305bhp / 440ft FWD

Not 440ft/lb. It's now calculated Nm (Newton Metres) which equates to 340ft/lb. Which is still a lot tbh And the new chassis set up is designed to stop understeer. If driven correctly it won't torque steer anyway

[Edited on 22-12-2008 by Eck]
Ojc

22nd Dec 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You lot that complain of lots of power through FWD cars obviously have never driven one.
alan-g-w

22nd Dec 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't it boffins at Saab that said that the most power you can viably put through the front wheels of a car, without it being uncontrollable, was around 260bhp or thereabouts?

Not that I agree or disagree, sure it was said though.

Edit: It was on TG though so

[Edited on 22-12-2008 by alan-g-w]
stubbsy05

22nd Dec 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not complaining, was just making a point that I bet Clarkson doesn't slate the Focus for the power through the front wheels as its not a Vauxhall!
richc

22nd Dec 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Wasn't it boffins at Saab that said that the most power you can viably put through the front wheels of a car, without it being uncontrollable, was around 260bhp or thereabouts?

It was 220 and that was about how many year ago?

RS6

22nd Dec 08 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is boring all this hype........

What i want to know is whos getting one?!!!!!!!!!
Joe

22nd Dec 08 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin is definatly getting one.

Well he might do

Or maybe a BMW

but definatly a Focus........

Possibly

alan-g-w

22nd Dec 08 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w

It was 220 and that was about how many year ago?

What, have the laws of physics changed in the last 4 or so years then?

Kidding on I know (and hope) you're talking about technology changing, but there haven't been any massive breakthroughs as far as I'm aware.

And as said I don't agree or disagree with it. I don't give a flying fuck about this whole 'too much power through the front wheels' debate. You're never going to be able to comment unless you've been in the car when it's being driven hard. End of.

John

22nd Dec 08 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was that topgear review you are talking about when clarkson mentioned saab not the one he was reviewing the 250bhp fwd 9-5 aero?
Colin

22nd Dec 08 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Colin is definatly getting one.

Well he might do

Or maybe a BMW

but definatly a Focus........

Possibly

Which ever I get when ever I get it, 1st thing im going to do is drive down to Lancashire & rape you over the bonnet
Joe

22nd Dec 08 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I look forward to it
BluKoo

22nd Dec 08 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As my dads RS will probably only be used as a weekend toy and mainly when its sunny, he could put on a set of road legal slick type tyres (something like Toyo R888's).
I recon 301 bhp would defenitly not be no problem then
Ojc

22nd Dec 08 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't be an issue, people who moan about are are normally inbred wankers.
BluKoo

22nd Dec 08 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree. They obviously have no experience with modern day, high powered fwd cars.

As i've said many many times in the past, my dads current 250 bhp Focus RS handles the power no problem. And i've driven it a few times, so i know what i'm talking about.

If the Mk2 RS has been designed to handle 300 bhp, then it will.

[Edited on 22-12-2008 by BluKoo]
neil h

22nd Dec 08 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't help feel it'd be funny if the new RS comes out and it handles like a barge. Understeer by the bucket load and just can't get the power down.

I can't see it happening 'cus the focus chassis was quite sorted in the handling stakes as standard, but i'd laugh if the new one is rubbish just 'cus of the hype.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Official Focus RS product bulletin.... 22 database queries in 0.0149860 seconds