corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Guns

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Guns
R Lee

User status: Offline
21st Jan 09 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much is a gun?
Say, an average hand pistol, a rifle, a shotgun, machine gun?
Also, how much are bullets? Standard ones. Not Uranium tipped heebeejeebee super duper ones.

Always been curious
I know of people that go hunting and they've spent £20k on shotguns
WATSON

21st Jan 09 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have many gangsta fife spec gunzzz in me drawer fo shizzle
Adam_B

21st Jan 09 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can get a shotgun in Liverpool for £50 if you know who to ask. It was on Ross Kemps gangs thing
Ste
Premium Member

21st Jan 09 at 04:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you had the relevant licenses then you can legally buy a shotgun from as little as £50 second hand, new ones start at about £200 up to many thousands. Handguns and rifles require a lot stricter licensing and cost from a few hundred to many thousand. Ammunition prices vary enormously, from a few pence to a few pounds per round, depending on what you are buying.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Fonz
Premium Member

21st Jan 09 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont been to be picky but i would suggets you learn the jargon before you follow up this interest,

bullets are called rounds or shells for shothuns

guns are what you will find on a Naval Ship. rifles, pistols and shotguns would be the correct term "small arms" is the term you are interested in.

rounds are not expensive but it does depend what calibre you are after. i know 0.22 rounds are very affordable for a marksman
RichR
Premium Member

21st Jan 09 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and you will not need a shotgun for anything other than deer hunting in the UK.

For field sports like rabbitting or shooting woodpigeon etc an air riflle .177 or .22 calibre is perfectly okay. There's more skill involved with a rifle than a shot gun; with a rifle you have single shot, single chance. With a shot gun, you blow the poor thing to pieces and have "too" much chance of hitting it. Removes the skill element, by replacing it with multiple projectiles.

Handguns IMO should be banned from use except for military/police use.
radicalry00

21st Jan 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Handguns IMO should be banned from use except for military/police use.

They are as far as I know.

[Edited on 21-01-2009 by radicalry00]
RichR
Premium Member

21st Jan 09 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worldwide
Fro

21st Jan 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatchu need son?
K2NY-G

21st Jan 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lmao at some of the replies in this thread!

Shotgun's use cartridges not "shells" lol, 12 bores are most common but 20 bores are good as they are lighter etc, as for using a shotgun to go deer shooting, dont be daft! thats rifle territory.

shotguns are used for rabbits, phesants, pigeons, grouse and such like.

air rifles require anything you want to shoot to be standing still trust me and quite close. therefore most people will use them if they have a hide etc, walking about with an air rifle is pretty pointless.
andy1868

21st Jan 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 5.56mm ball round was 93p each when i was in the cadets 4 years ago, 7.62mm were closer to £3 a round (don't know the exact figure as we never used them)

i remember hearing that the LAW80 that the army use cost 20-ish grand a shot

[Edited on 21-01-2009 by andy1868]
RichR
Premium Member

21st Jan 09 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2NY-G
Lmao at some of the replies in this thread!

Shotgun's use cartridges not "shells" lol, 12 bores are most common but 20 bores are good as they are lighter etc, as for using a shotgun to go deer shooting, dont be daft! thats rifle territory.

shotguns are used for rabbits, phesants, pigeons, grouse and such like.

air rifles require anything you want to shoot to be standing still trust me and quite close. therefore most people will use them if they have a hide etc, walking about with an air rifle is pretty pointless.

Hence it being less skilled, with a shot gun (also referred to as a Scatter Gun for that reason), you point and shoot and chances are you hit what you want to with at least one of the shots. With an air rifle, you have to actually stalk/hunt and choose the moment as you only get one chance and NO they don't need to be still, it does help, but if you're good you'll be able to hit a moving target. We tend to hunt Wood Pigeon and Rabbit and have done for years - only ever using air rifles and never have we failed to return with less than 2/3 of each per couple of hours shooting.

In the USA, cartridges are known as Shells or shot shells.

A shot gun can be used for Deer Stalking but with a slug as opposed to cartridge. I accept a high powered rifle is better for this purpose however.

[Edited on 21-01-2009 by LiVe LeE]
R Lee

21st Jan 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not taking it up as an interest, nor do I need a gun but, thanks for asking

Anyway, the guys I know, shoot for Venison.
They bring a whole leg for me on a good day, or a couple of Pheasants

Ojc

21st Jan 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a 57 calibre Enfield Rifle Musket.
harrisp

21st Jan 09 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Walking with air rifles is not pointless it requires a lot of skill and patience.

at shotguns taking no skill to shoot, they are extremely hard to shoot well and is a complete different skill to shooting a rifle etc.
RichR
Premium Member

21st Jan 09 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I din't say took no skill, I said took less skill as they're point and shoot and the chances are with the number of shots in a cartridge, you'll hit something!

With an air rifle/rifle or slug shot (shotgun) you have one chance, one shot to make a kill as opposed to the scatter effect of a standard shot gun

[Edited on 21-01-2009 by LiVe LeE]
MarkM

21st Jan 09 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of closet Rambo wannabes in here...
smack

21st Jan 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the shotguns are easier to kill ppl with than rifles on Cod
Mike GSi

21st Jan 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shoot Rabbits and pidgeon and i use a 2.2 Rifle Sniping FTW
Ojc

21st Jan 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
the shotguns are easier to kill ppl with than rifles on Cod

Real life isn't inside your Xbox mate.

Shotguns generally aren't lethal unless you are at point blank range and manage to get the contents of a cartridge all in one area.
Mike GSi

21st Jan 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been hit buy 2 shots from a shot gun cartridge! luckily i was wearing shit loads of layers so it only stung, the gunner no longer shoots with us now
Doug

21st Jan 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking into a Beretta Silver Pigeon 12 bore.

Gone are the days of picking them up second hand for £500
mattk

21st Jan 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

.22 mp5 replica, shoots real bulletts and packs a real punch is about £400
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Jan 09 at 04:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to clear things up, shooting with a shotgun does not take the sport out of shooting. Far from it, I would challenge anyone to shoot a single pigeon flying at 50 feet at 60mph with an air rifle. As good as impossible. I live on a farm and have been shooting since I was a boy. Air rifles are for stalking small prey, like (roosting) pigeon, rabbits, rats and magpies. A shotgun for hares, rabbit, pigeon and foxes. Rifles for foxes and deer etc. There are legal requirements as to what calibre and what type of round you can use to kill certain animals also.

Next time I am having a clay pigeon shoot you can come to mine with your air rifle, I'll give you 100 clays and if you hit a single one then you can have my gun collection, I am that confident you couldn't do it. So stop thinking shotguns are easy.

Each are designed for a specific purpose and are best at what they are designed for.

My new toy is a bow, not hunting with it yet, still learning it and using target arrows, but takes a lot more skill than any of the guns.

[Edited on 22-01-2009 by Ste W]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
K2NY-G

22nd Jan 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
Just to clear things up, shooting with a shotgun does not take the sport out of shooting. Far from it, I would challenge anyone to shoot a single pigeon flying at 50 feet at 60mph with an air rifle. As good as impossible. I live on a farm and have been shooting since I was a boy. Air rifles are for stalking small prey, like (roosting) pigeon, rabbits, rats and magpies. A shotgun for hares, rabbit, pigeon and foxes. Rifles for foxes and deer etc. There are legal requirements as to what calibre and what type of round you can use to kill certain animals also.

Next time I am having a clay pigeon shoot you can come to mine with your air rifle, I'll give you 100 clays and if you hit a single one then you can have my gun collection, I am that confident you couldn't do it. So stop thinking shotguns are easy.

Each are designed for a specific purpose and are best at what they are designed for.

My new toy is a bow, not hunting with it yet, still learning it and using target arrows, but takes a lot more skill than any of the guns.

[Edited on 22-01-2009 by Ste W]

this man knows his stuff

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Guns 23 database queries in 0.0125489 seconds