corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Calming down.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Calming down.
saj_123

User status: Offline
17th Feb 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been told today that my driving is getting stupid, i sort of understand this point. The thing that annoys me is the fact that those same people who say my driving is stupid ask me to try drive fast!

I only ever listened to this request once and thats when they started saying my driving is getting stupid. So i agreed with that person and i said that i will slow down and calm down. Has anyone else had this said to them. I drive a 1.0 12v corsa hardly a monster, but still picks up speed.
Wrighty

17th Feb 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saj_123

17th Feb 09 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty

Agree, thought they where joking.
Dan H

17th Feb 09 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha ya have to drive a 1.0 fast to get it to move lol. i've had it said to me a few times but most people jst say im a really good driver and can handle the car, even when the back end steps out lol.
Steveocee

18th Feb 09 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this conversation qith my cousin. He drives fast, as do i when the mood takes me. No problem.

Sometimes he drives fast and like a complete bell, i tell him he's being a bell and to slow down. It's not so much the speed, it's the idiocy like getting p peoples arses, braking at the last possible second, weaving in and out.

Fast is controllable, idiot driving fast is asking for an accident.
Dan H

18th Feb 09 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drivin like a complete fool is another story, i've done it once and once only. yeah i will drive fast but not like a dick driving fast where i dont give to hoots what other road users think. if ya drive like a nob ya either gunna crash, cause a crash or get pulled over and i dont see the point really, a mate of mine is abit of a tit like that, he will fly up to a car infront of him, brake, over take, then pull back in right in front of the car he just over took, that on a dual carrige or motorway too acts like a tail and he has span his car loads of times, he wont learn
Haimsey
Premium Member

18th Feb 09 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you crash or know someone who crashes, youll slow down

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jakey
Premium Member

18th Feb 09 at 00:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
When you crash or know someone who crashes, youll slow down

True dat
daymoon
Premium Member

18th Feb 09 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.0 12v can be misleading sometimes..

finding myself doing 70 in 60 are all the time.. and 80+ on motorways when i usally sit at 60...

but thats probably due the fact that steering wheel doesnt wobble at 70 :S
xa0s
Banned

18th Feb 09 at 04:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only have a 1.2 8v and I've scared enough people in it. Anything can be driven quickly, and anything can hurt or even kill... Have fun 'n be careful. It's very easy to get carried away.
DaveyLC

18th Feb 09 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt matter how bit your engine is, you can still drive like a dick
drunkenfool

18th Feb 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

That sounds like an amazingly funny euphanism for someone who is bad in bed
Lynny

18th Feb 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
quote:

That sounds like an amazingly funny euphanism for someone who is bad in bed
or someone who is good in bed, small engine but can still hit racing line at decent speeds lol
saj_123

18th Feb 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is i dont really drive like a idiot, i dont cut in and out of traffic and i usually stick to the speed limit, apart from a few occasions.

I hate people who are telling me how to drive and they themselves have not passed their tests!

If they passed their tests then they won't have to tell me how to drive.

[Edited on 18-02-2009 by saj_123]
Neo

18th Feb 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, you only slow down when you crash or know someone who has badly

Also, as i got more powerful cars, my driving became more sensible on day to day driving.
saj_123

18th Feb 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
As said, you only slow down when you crash or know someone who has badly

Also, as i got more powerful cars, my driving became more sensible on day to day driving.

Yeah i do agree with you on that point about crashing. Also the older you get the more likely you are to slow down, i am currently 18. The last time when i had a near miss with a car i slowed down considerably. I dont really want to use that method to slow me down thou.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

18th Feb 09 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by saj_123
I have been told today that my driving is getting stupid, i sort of understand this point. The thing that annoys me is the fact that those same people who say my driving is stupid ask me to try drive fast!

I only ever listened to this request once and thats when they started saying my driving is getting stupid. So i agreed with that person and i said that i will slow down and calm down. Has anyone else had this said to them. I drive a 1.0 12v corsa hardly a monster, but still picks up speed.

u2u Deano87 for advice on driving your 12v slowly.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
N3CRO

18th Feb 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by saj_123

u2u Deano87 for advice on driving your 12v slowly.

Graham88

18th Feb 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A crash will definetly make you think twice about going fast, hopefully you learn before that happens.

Time and a place really, if I drive fast I try to do it late at night, not 3pm when Schools are out.

I used to leave it to the last minute to go places too but now I just leave a few minutes earlier and just take a relaxed drive.

[Edited on 18-02-2009 by Graham88]
Torsa g

18th Feb 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you do everything people tell you to do!!!! Drive how you want to drive, if they find it scary then they dont have to get in the car with you, but either way drive like a dick in the wrong places then your askin for it, and i safely say all of us have done it at least once!!
Col004

18th Feb 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this at 17 and drove like a loonatic. Was only an 1.2 sxi.

Walked away from this and it made me think Time and a place to play on certain roads Kid Learning curve in life

Half Pint

18th Feb 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

funny thing is that i drove like a loon and now drive like a grandad everywhere.... i think if you can get into track days or some type of motorsport when your young it really changes how you are on the road drastically.... and the sooner you do it the better for all...
DaveyLC

18th Feb 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
funny thing is that i drove like a loon and now drive like a grandad everywhere.... i think if you can get into track days or some type of motorsport when your young it really changes how you are on the road drastically.... and the sooner you do it the better for all...

Did you go under a lorry or something
Half Pint

18th Feb 09 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint

Did you go under a lorry or something

Me... Na not been that bad....

both accidents I had were at low speed and involved women pulling out of side turnings.... they were 5 years apart
Andrew

18th Feb 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spun the Corsa twice, once on the motorway and once on a little bend. Got caught doing 80 plus in a 40 but the coper let me go. This never slowed me down.

I slowed down when doing over 2000 miles a month commuting. I seen accident after accident each day. Knew eventually if i carried on driving like a twat if would be me next. And maybe, just maybe, that could be the end of me.

Plus, i got caught doing an average of 98 on the M53

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Calming down. 23 database queries in 0.0180812 seconds