corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Well, me and the girlfriend have split

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Well, me and the girlfriend have split
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
   19th Mar 09 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few of you may have seen my post earlier in the week where my girlfriend had said that she didnt feel we were close anymore and not sure if she still loves me.

She came over last night and we talked things through. I'm 24 and she is 21, and we have been living together for the last 3 years. Over the last year we have gradually grown apart I guess, and I've been doing more things with my mates and she's been seeing her mates more etc. Rewinding a month ago I remember me saying to her that we hardly spend quality time together, and it was just starting to feel like we were friends living together. Theres no other blokes involved which is good in a way.

She has moved back to her dads now and taken her stuff. Just got a few things to pick up which we will sort through on Friday when she comes round.

Sounds wierd but it feel better now I know where I stand, and am not hanging on wondering if theres a future for us or not. At least I can sort my shit out and plan my year ahead!

I think it will hit her in the next few weeks of not seeing me/sleeping alone etc. Never know we might get back together if its meant to be! We have both said we're not going to be hasty and just get with anyone who comes along just to be spiteful.

I think the hardest thing to get used to is all the spare time I now have! God knows what I'm gonna do to fill it! Oh and of course it feels horrible not having someone there for you, but I guess it makes you stronger.

Feels wierd to be single at 24, but I guess I'm not to old to play the field!

[Edited on 19-03-2009 by stubbsy05]
Ben J

19th Mar 09 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are still young! New start for you. Think of all the casual sex you can have.

[Edited on 19-03-2009 by Ben J]
Neo

19th Mar 09 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get out and make the most of the time

Dont think about the past, just have an ace year with your mates
C2RL R

19th Mar 09 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you're too old then there's no hope for me mate. keep your chin up and go out for a laugh for a few months.
liamC

19th Mar 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear that.

pics?
Aaron

19th Mar 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i can give you any advice.....its "dont ever go back"

Hard times. Keep yourself busy.
XSIHardy

19th Mar 09 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
Sorry to hear that.

pics?

Theres always some one
Brett
Premium Member

19th Mar 09 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron

Agreed. There's no way I'd be goin back after she'd broke it off.

You said it yourself, it's felt like you're two mates living together for a while. Once you're with someone else who it works with, you won't look back I'm sure.

Next few weeks at least will certainly be weird tho
stubbsy05

19th Mar 09 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Hard times. Keep yourself busy.

Really? I think 4 years of being together and living together to not being with each other at all will hit her in a couple of weeks.

If its meant to be its meant to be. If we did ever get back I'd start from the beginning, i.e. she didn't move back to my house etc
Neo

19th Mar 09 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yeah, and everything runs on your terms, pointing out she was foolish enough to let go of you, now she's gotta regain your trust if she wants it to work
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Mar 09 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's unfair to say 'never go back' even if it feels like the right thing to do, as they didn't split on any bad terms (cheating, argument, etc).

A break might be the best thing for your relationship, but don't count on it and get disappointed if it never works out again!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Aaron

19th Mar 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I think it's unfair to say 'never go back' even if it feels like the right thing to do, as they didn't split on any bad terms (cheating, argument, etc).

A break might be the best thing for your relationship, but don't count on it and get disappointed if it never works out again!

I don’t want to get into an argument or anything.....but I don’t agree with what you say one bit.

A "break" in a relationship pretty always ends up with a "breakup". Why if a couple are so "perfect" for each other do they need a break in the first place? I'm only calling on my own experiences here....and also what I’ve seen and heard many other go through.

I’d say that 95% of the time, when a relationship gets to the stage that this poor guys has.....they never work out.

[Edited on 19-03-2009 by Aaron]
Half Pint

19th Mar 09 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you say that there are alot of people who break and get back together months and years later. its just about people growing up and wanting different things in life. at this point in time they have done the best thing and been really reasonable about each others feelings etc.... if they are meant to be then it will happen.
stubbsy05

19th Mar 09 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is wierd, as we had never ever had an argument which resulted in one of us storming out the house, or going to spend the night a parents.

She genuinely doesn't know what she wants and I can see that.

I'm going out Fri night with the lads and clubbing with them Sat night so that should be good.
Half Pint

19th Mar 09 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just watch out for those stray bullets.... waking up in the morning next to one is not the best...
stubbsy05

19th Mar 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
just watch out for those stray bullets.... waking up in the morning next to one is not the best...

Indeed. wasn't too bad today and yesterday but the days before were a killer. Straight up at 6am and there was no one to lie in with!
mwg

19th Mar 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd sort of agree about the dont go back thing. I have done a couple of times and it hasn't worked so far. And I dont personally know anyone that its worked out for doing that either! Doesn't mean it wouldn't work for you though.

One of the times I remember thinking I really wanna be back with her cos I miss everything loads but when I did get back with her it wasn't as good as I remember it being! And I remembered exactly why we split up the last time! I think you remember things as being nicer than they were and until you've had a break from it then gone back you dont realise it wasn't quite as rosey as you first thought! Hope that makes sense!

You will be ok mate.
Jamescorsa97

19th Mar 09 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

I don’t want to get into an argument or anything.....but I don’t agree with what you say one bit.

A "break" in a relationship pretty always ends up with a "breakup". Why if a couple are so "perfect" for each other do they need a break in the first place? I'm only calling on my own experiences here....and also what I’ve seen and heard many other go through.

I’d say that 95% of the time, when a relationship gets to the stage that this poor guys has.....they never work out.

[Edited on 19-03-2009 by Aaron]

Amen brother.
stubbsy05

19th Mar 09 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Matty

How old are you?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

19th Mar 09 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with the break is a split thing, its hard to gain trust with someone again after they have left you down so bad.
mwg

19th Mar 09 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy05
Cheers Matty

How old are you?

I'm 24. Still plenty of time to find a lass and settle down and all that gubbins
Kevxx

19th Mar 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everytime i come on this site ....
Butler

19th Mar 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to live with my girlfriend, hardest part was moving all her stuff out, really hit home then. So many old memories. Its got to be for the best though mate, it can only get better.
JadeM
Premium Member

19th Mar 09 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taking a break doesn't necessarily mean its the end!!

All relationships have their ups and downs. It sounds like you've got into a rut (not doing stuff as a couple etc anymore) which can so easily happen, and some time apart might do you both the world of good!! Gives both of you time alone to work out what's been going wrong and what you both really want.

It looks like your both being sensible about it, you've sat down and discussed it and hopefully taken on board whats been going wrong? I don't know why so many folk on here are ripping into her - she's been honest and admitted she's not sure how she feels anymore, so taking that into account what else is she supposed to do? Just string him along thinking everything is hunky dory?

Hope everything works out ok for you both

stubbsy05

19th Mar 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Jade

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Well, me and the girlfriend have split 23 database queries in 0.1327150 seconds