corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Robinho

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Robinho
Marc

User status: Offline
26th Mar 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"I havn't scored because Brazil have better players than Man City"

hehe

Ojc

26th Mar 09 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't that obvious?

National sides are supposed to be a collection of the best players in that particular country, Man City are just a bunch of mercinaries.
Cosmo

26th Mar 09 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He hasnt scored as he is shite!

I dont doubt that he is the sort of player that will play better when better players are around him, as he isnt the Gerrard or Ronaldo type where they can take a game and change it in a second even if the other 10 players in their team are playing shite.
MarkM

26th Mar 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Isn't that obvious?

National sides are supposed to be a collection of the best players in that particular country, Man City are just a bunch of mercinaries.

I would say that if you could clone a player so he could play for both club and country that Liverpool...Man Ure...and Chelski would all be capable of beating England quite easily. I would even say they would give a few of the better sides Argentina and Spain a good game too...
Hammer

26th Mar 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's almost as bad misquoting as Pele saying he was on drugs Marc
Cosmo

26th Mar 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robinho's on drugs
Carl

26th Mar 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Isn't that obvious?

I would say that if you could clone a player so he could play for both club and country that Liverpool...Man Ure...and Chelski would all be capable of beating England quite easily. I would even say they would give a few of the better sides Argentina and Spain a good game too...

I'd agree, purely for the bondedness (not a word but explains it the best)
Marc

26th Mar 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

Well if journalists can make a living out of it, don't see why I can't get away with that! Basically what he was getting at anyway
Hammer

26th Mar 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Robinho's on drugs

Yeah but he said he gets better one's in Brazil than Manchester, the cunt
Danny P

26th Mar 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Robinho's on drugs

Yeah but he said he gets better one's in Brazil than Manchester, the cunt
Closer to Culumbia thats why.
Cosmo

26th Mar 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet the women dont complain when you surprise sex them over there either....RVP and Jonny Evans will be going on hol there soon.
Hammer

26th Mar 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

Well if journalists can make a living out of it, don't see why I can't get away with that! Basically what he was getting at anyway

"In all respect to Manchester City, who have good players by the way, here I play with Kaka and Ronaldinho - it is totally different.

"Here I can play well, but I believe I am playing well at City. I have scored 11 goals in the Premier League."

Actual quote
Marc

26th Mar 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Women? You mean trannies?
Marc

26th Mar 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
"In all respect to Manchester City, who have good players by the way, here I play with Kaka and Ronaldinho - it is totally different.

Actual quote

Still read that as him making sure he doesn't blatently says his team mates are below par
J da Silva

26th Mar 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Sniffs the glorious bait on offer, but it needs more taste*
aewajd

26th Mar 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I dont doubt that he is the sort of player that will play better when better players are around him, as he isnt the Gerrard or Ronaldo type where they can take a game and change it in a second even if the other 10 players in their team are playing shite.

i couldn't disagree with you more sorry.
Cosmo

26th Mar 09 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aewajd
quote:

Thats a shame, as it means you are wrong.
aewajd

26th Mar 09 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aewajd
quote:

Thats a shame, as it means you are wrong.

How does it? Gerrard and Ronaldo have far better player's around them that never play shite, where as Robinho has to work that bit extra harder because his team mate's (except a selected few) are nowhere near as good. oh yeah he's shite because he's not scored... that's why he's joint 3rd with 11 goal's. who's joint second.. Gerrard and Ronaldo!

muppet!
Cosmo

26th Mar 09 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not a muppet at all....am I right or am I wrong that when Liverpool or Utd are playing shite that you can ALWAYS bank on both Gerrard and Ronaldo to pop up with a goal.

Infact, a few years ago (Marc feel free to say now still) Liverpool WERE shite - and even so Gerrard was continually carrying us on his own.

Fact is Robinho is a player who can only play well with good players around him as he needs the service, he doesnt create the service for himself.
aewajd

26th Mar 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im not a muppet at all....am I right or am I wrong that when Liverpool or Utd are playing shite that you can ALWAYS bank on both Gerrard and Ronaldo to pop up with a goal.

Infact, a few years ago (Marc feel free to say now still) Liverpool WERE shite - and even so Gerrard was continually carrying us on his own.

Fact is Robinho is a player who can only play well with good players around him as he needs the service, he doesnt create the service for himself.

You are right yes,but so am i. at the minit Liverpool and Manchester Utd are far better than Manchester City even on a bad day.

You could put a world class player in any "smaller" club and i dont think it would make a hell of a lot of difference tbh. As soon as Robinho has another big name with him he'll show his true colour's. Alfonso Alves is a prime example. World class striker but cant do anything at Middelsborough because there shite. Tevez at West Ham is another good example,didn't do much there but look at him now.

It work's the other way round aswel,i.e Robbie Keane, amazing at Tottenham so a bigger and better club buy him, he then did nothing.

** sorry about the essay **
J da Silva

26th Mar 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tevez enabled WHU another 2 or 3 seasons of Premier League football IMO.
Cosmo

26th Mar 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alfonso Alves is not a world class striker

Using your example....put either Gerrard or Ronaldo (both players Im saying change games on their own) into the City team instead of Robinho. Would they lift that team as the driving force? Yes of course they would.

Tevez didnt do much? He kept them up with a lot of important goals.

And the other way round isnt really what we are on about here - but just on your example...I do think he could of played to the exact came ability as at Spurs, he just wasnt given the chance as he ISNT as good as Gerrard and was never going to play in his favoured position behind the forward.
aewajd

26th Mar 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't say Tevez scored a lot of important goals,he didn't that many tbh
Marc

26th Mar 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't score that many but he scored them at the vital stage of the season.
J da Silva

26th Mar 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My take on Robinho is slightly more positive than most but he does have his major faults, mainly trying one too many flicks when his Man City teammates aren't on the same wavelength, he's not a game changer but with the Brazil team, the likes of Kaka, Elano and Ronaldinho etc... all know when Robinho is going to do a back heel or a flick, he'll do it in the league and who is he flicking it to? Michael Ball or that Wayne Bridge? he is playing with useless dross but he made that choice based on what the Man City owners promised him in the next few seasons.

I think City should sign Diego Milito or Vagner Love (sign the stars when the success comes) to acompany him upfront, although Bellamy is playing well, he seems to struggle with fitness.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Robinho 23 database queries in 0.0178421 seconds