corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Immigrants should be made to take a driving test before they are allowed in

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Immigrants should be made to take a driving test before they are allowed in
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
20th Apr 09 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO!!!!!!

'The driver of a Polish-registered Volkswagen Passat was travelling in the wrong direction just before the smash near Dunstable, police believe'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8006893.stm

Makes me sick!
sand-eel

20th Apr 09 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You always hear about immigrants or truckers from outside the uk doing stupid things like this, maybe someone should dosomething about it
_Allan_

Polish lorry driver hit my m8 head on coming out of our works car park on the wrong side of the road. Stupid m8 took off his belt just before as he was going into work . Cut knee and sore head (cracked windscreen) at about 15 mph

PS Wrote off his Astra as well

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by _Allan_]
DC90

That junction is literally minutes away from me, wasn't nice to hear. I agree completely though, the driver can't have had a fucking clue!
sand-eel

20th Apr 09 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imagine how the dad feels just now

I actually know a girl that was hit head on by a polish car on a country road, driving on the wrong side

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by sand-eel]
liamC

20th Apr 09 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
You always hear about immigrants or truckers from outside the uk doing stupid things like this, maybe someone should dosomething about it

Can't see companies flying truckers to england to do their UK driving tests TBH.
FruitBooTeR

20th Apr 09 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
quote:

Can't see companies flying truckers to england to do their UK driving tests TBH.

Well they need to do more to educate their drivers becuase a whole familys just got killed ffs
oceansoul

20th Apr 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problem is, that they all hold a full EU drivng licence. The same as we do. Which theroticly means they are competent drivers i.e. Passed their test. What the EU driving licence does account for is THAT WE DRIVE ON THE LEFT!!!!! I think its a bit backwards that there is a Pan european driving licence when driving here is totally different to driving aboard.
daymoon
Premium Member

20th Apr 09 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plenty on english people drive on the wrong side of road when they go to europe.. i think they shouldnt be alloud to drive there without taking a driving test...
_Allan_

20th Apr 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
plenty on english people drive on the wrong side of road when they go to europe.. i think they shouldnt be alloud to drive there without taking a driving test...

Your supposed to
Ojc

20th Apr 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard he had turned around on the carriageway and went back the way he came.

Idiot.
BluKoo

20th Apr 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we should just kick them all out of the country. I've had enough of them now...

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by BluKoo]
corsa-sxi

20th Apr 09 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would that be said the same for people travelling to europe for a holiday?
sand-eel

20th Apr 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
I think we should just kick them all out of the country. I've had enough of them now...

amen
(fixed grammer a bit )
daymoon
Premium Member

20th Apr 09 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

amen
(fixed grammer a bit )

oh really?

what would you eat?
most of people working at factories are foreign and they work for NMW in most cases.

english people ( 99%) wouldn't even consider doing these jobs for these money.. goverment benefits are better.... so factories would have to raise the wages->products they sell woud go up in price-> price of products in shops would shoot up...

sand-eel

20th Apr 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH if you went back a few years was anything that different with out them?
BluKoo

20th Apr 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

amen
(fixed grammer a bit )

oh really?

what would you eat?
most of people working at factories are foreign and they work for NMW in most cases.

english people ( 99%) wouldn't even consider doing these jobs for these money.. goverment benefits are better.... so factories would have to raise the wages->products they sell woud go up in price-> price of products in shops would shoot up...

With the level of unemployment at the moment, i'm sure there are plenty of people who would work for nmw. I work pretty hard for £6ph. Its shit money, but money is money.

quote:
TBH if you went back a few years was anything that different with out them?

Yes, there were more jobs for us Brits.

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by BluKoo]
daymoon
Premium Member

20th Apr 09 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

With the level of unemployment at the moment, i'm sure there are plenty of people who would work for nmw. I work pretty hard for £6ph. Its shit money, but money is money.

Next door neighbour had few good jobs in the last 12 month.. far from NMW... he quit them all because too much work for what he was paid...

same with few more people i know...
BluKoo

20th Apr 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well he can piss off out the country too then. I assume he is on the dole now?
daymoon
Premium Member

20th Apr 09 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well he can piss off out the country too then. I assume he is on the dole now?

yes...

the problem is that most of people are not willing to work for NMW..
and those who are... not working properly..
last summer i worked in ketchup facotry during my summer holls..

there were 5 people coming and going during my 6 weeks of work there.. some were fired cos they couldnt be bothered to do anything properly or came to work with huge handover.. others left cos the work was "too hard"....
corsa-sxi

20th Apr 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dole always seems the easy option, too many benefits

example would be that FAT family posted on here not long ago

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by corsa-sxi]
CorsAsh

20th Apr 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Don't be a tool.

The only time I've had a moment of confusion is leaving a supermarket car park.
Colin

20th Apr 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imigrants should be vetted on a points system same as Aussie. This should have been implimented years ago.

Nuke the channel tunnel.

Cut off all benefits after 2 months on the dole - ive been on the dole, twice, once for a week and once for 3 days, theres jobs there for the taking if you want to work. You only get anywhere in life by making an effort, this includes if you have to scrape yourself up the bottom rung earning £4.60 (or whatever min wage is!?) an hour!!

Only offer welfare benefits & disability benefits to those that are 100% needy, not to lazy arsed yobs that know that they can do better by not working.

Pump the cash saved from cutting handouts into training our youths. Why the hell do we need a polish joiner when theres hundreds of young people needing pointed in the right direction & given a chance!!

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by Colin]
JayCarr

20th Apr 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've driven past a lorry on the A1 that was heading towards me on the wrong side, didn't realise until he was right in front of me! Luckily he was in the fast lane and i was in the slow lane otherwise we would have hit.

It was the middle of the night and his headlights just looked like they were on the other side of the carriagway Shit myself when i went past.

Horrific crash though that one on the M1
J da Silva

20th Apr 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Imigrants should be vetted on a points system same as Aussie. This should have been implimented years ago.

Nuke the channel tunnel.

Cut off all benefits after 2 months on the dole - ive been on the dole, twice, once for a week and once for 3 days, theres jobs there for the taking if you want to work. You only get anywhere in life by making an effort, this includes if you have to scrape yourself up the bottom rung earning £4.60 (or whatever min wage is!?) an hour!!

Only offer welfare benefits & disability benefits to those that are 100% needy, not to lazy arsed yobs that know that they can do better by not working.

Pump the cash saved from cutting handouts into training our youths. Why the hell do we need a polish joiner when theres hundreds of young people needing pointed in the right direction & given a chance!!

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by Colin]

Agreed, I've lived in 4 countries through my life and the UK was a piece of urine to get my papers sorted.

Although I'm a hardworking man that's never claimed anything other than statutory sick pay through having an appendasectomy and a metal plate in my face. I've given hundreds of Brits jobs with my firm also, so no flamage please people.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Immigrants should be made to take a driving test before they are allowed in 22 database queries in 0.0170410 seconds