corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » whats the difference beetween alan shearer and newcastle united?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats the difference beetween alan shearer and newcastle united?
JM Curdy

User status: Offline
27th Apr 09 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alan shearer will be on Match of the day next season

strick206

27th Apr 09 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate text me this last week, but you've just heard it on shitanta. I hate those fucking puppet acts

[Edited on 27-04-2009 by strick206]
Richie B

27th Apr 09 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been around since a week or so after he took over.
Hammer

27th Apr 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate to say it Richie but Newcastle were terrible tonight, there's no creativity at all from middle to front. Duff playing at left back made that even worse
Richie B

28th Apr 09 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its been the problem all season. I thought we were more deserving of a win last night, we just looked like we totally ran out of ideas. Pompey were set up and happy for a draw.

I thought Duff did ok when he went to LB, but like you say, it just lead to us having 3 deeper sitting midfielders when it was reshuffled for Enrique going off.

We've all known for a while that we're going tbh
BYRON

28th Apr 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie B
I thought we were more deserving of a win last night,

Based on the first 12 minutes. After that it was like watching a cat chase its tail. It was pure desperation at times.
Hammer

28th Apr 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I thought Duff did ok when he went to LB

He did do yeah but he looked the only player capable of beating someone and whipping a cross in when he was further up the field.

I'm not convinced by the 3 forwards formation as well I think he might be out thinking himself. If you look at Owen's chance himself and Martins were fighting to get the same ball. It should really be a fully fit Viduka and one or the other which would mean you could have an extra midfielder trying to feed balls through. Then again what do I know
strick206

28th Apr 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully they'll go down

Even more so with that tosser managing them
Richie B

28th Apr 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
I thought Duff did ok when he went to LB

He did do yeah but he looked the only player capable of beating someone and whipping a cross in when he was further up the field.

I'm not convinced by the 3 forwards formation as well I think he might be out thinking himself. If you look at Owen's chance himself and Martins were fighting to get the same ball. It should really be a fully fit Viduka and one or the other which would mean you could have an extra midfielder trying to feed balls through. Then again what do I know

I agree with the extra midfielder. Hasn't really worked so far, and I'm not sure we have that creative midfielder that we need. Maybe Barton coming back will help with that. I think Viduka's the type of player we need up front though because he holds it up well and is a good player to play off, shame he's been injured for the majority of the season.

We will go down though. We were never going to pick up enough points in the remaining home ga,es as people hoped for.
Richie B

28th Apr 09 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Hopefully they'll go down

Even more so with that tosser managing them

Cheers.

Why a tosser? Because he rejected the chance to join Man U for the team he supported? I never got why he's so hated tbh
strick206

28th Apr 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was obviously a very good player. But imo he was foolish, the guy never lived up to his potential by staying at newcastle

All he won was one league title, he must regret that.

Not jealous either that he didn't sign for united, his loss not united's, they won plenty without him
Richie B

28th Apr 09 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, agree not your loss.

I think he said that playing for his club for 10 years and breaking the scoring record was a great honour for him, and I guess we did well for 4 or 5 of those seasons, just really poorly for the rest. I'm sure he will regret not winning anything more though.

I suppose he joined when we looked like being a good side, and after that it's going to be hard to walk away even though it might've been the best thing for him.
Hammer

28th Apr 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
We will go down though. We were never going to pick up enough points in the remaining home ga,es as people hoped for.

I'm still not so sure, I think you'll beat Fulham and Boro. I think you can scratch the Liverpool game but if it comes down to a last day decider at Villa and you need a point I think you can get it.
Richie B

28th Apr 09 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope you're right Hammer.

My view on the Liverpool game is to keep our GD lower than others
Danny P

28th Apr 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alan Shearer is wanker.

I used to love him until one day when we played Blackburn after they had won the title, and I waited for about 2 hours to get his autogaph after the game and he just walked straight past me

Ignorant bastard.
taylorboosh

28th Apr 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still remember that sunny afternoon when yous hammered us 4-1 and julio arca ended the balding geordie bastards career.......he didnt even get to play in his own testimonial lol
Richie B

28th Apr 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, mackems have some great memories

I know there was a relatively recent survey done (think they decided not to publish it because the results were so stupid) to find out Sunderland fans favourite moment and out tops was us losing to some minor team (the Hereford one iirc), and lingering in 5th of 6th was the '73 cup win. Logical

And he did turn out for a few mins in his testimonial

[Edited on 28-04-2009 by Richie B]
Cosmo

28th Apr 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id like to see Newcastle go down, not because I dont like them as I do, but because I think they need it.

Ive never seen such a set of stupid fans as much as them, show them a past hero and they instantly think things will be perfect. Keegan going back was a stupid idea (everyone other than Newcaslte fans could see this) and then Shearer going back was a stupid idea (but again Newcastle fans couldnt see that).

Hopefully by going down they will realise they arent helping the club at all and that way the club can start again from the bottom and become a force again.
Marc

28th Apr 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at Southampton, they have a decent stadium too and they're shite too!
Mad Moe

30th Apr 09 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Id like to see Newcastle go down, not because I dont like them as I do, but because I think they need it.

Ive never seen such a set of stupid fans as much as them, show them a past hero and they instantly think things will be perfect. Keegan going back was a stupid idea (everyone other than Newcaslte fans could see this) and then Shearer going back was a stupid idea (but again Newcastle fans couldnt see that).

Hopefully by going down they will realise they arent helping the club at all and that way the club can start again from the bottom and become a force again.

I think you'll actually find that a majority of Newcastle fans thought that Keegan coming back was a bad idea. There was a tiny minority of fans shown on the TV citing him as some sort of Messiah. Everyone knew the pressure would get too much for him and he'd crack all over again.

As for Shearer, the club was managerless with 8 games to go and needed a lift in moral, whilst I appreciate his lack of experience has been highlighted with some interesting selections and formations he was the only person who could have came in a gave the club that lift and again a majority of fans do not think he is some sort of saviour or a suitable long term solution.
Richie B

30th Apr 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with that too. A lot is said about what we do and don't think and it's usually wrong (ie KK, Shearer, being a top 4 club etc etc). Every club has figures that get a heroes welcome, and KK and AS do because of what they've done for the club in the past.

I think AS the manager was a move by Ashley to get claw back some slight support and although I was never keen on Shearer coming back to manage in the past, I think it was a good move at the time.
liamC

30th Apr 09 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are shit and deserve to go down.
Ojc

30th Apr 09 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't wait to beat them next season. I hope Shearer is in charge, Shearer vs Keane
Mad Moe

30th Apr 09 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'll probably show Keane up for the mug he is all over again
Ojc

1st May 09 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That, I seriously doubt.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » whats the difference beetween alan shearer and newcastle united? 23 database queries in 0.0149500 seconds