corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trading on Corsa Sport - PLEASE READ

Poll: Trading on Corsa Sport - PLEASE READ
  All everyone to sell
  Restrict selling to Premium Members

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trading on Corsa Sport - PLEASE READ
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
29th Apr 09 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of the staff and I have been discussing this trader issue and the fact that we do have somewhat of a problem with fraud and deception. Firstly let me state some background - there are a great many trades done on CS every single day and the problem ones represent a very small minority. Most are down to simple communication and delays which can be avoided and generally, peoples' intention is not to defraud deliberately but miscommunication or a difference of expectation causes people to come away unhappy. A very small proportion of sales however are deliberately fraudulent. I must stress - this is a small number, so small I have personally been involved in attempting to rectify every single one. However even though the numbers are small we obviously should do what we can to minimise that any further.

With that in mind, and based on some input already from members the staff and I felt we should get some consensus out there about whether we should make some quick changes to the system in an attempt to improve them. The biggest and quickest change we can make is to restrict selling to Premium Members only.

Personally I am not a massive fan of this and if anyone has read my thoughts in the past you will know that there are a great many reasons why this isn't the way to go. However it can also be said that it would be a positive change.

Obviously I want to get feedback from people who would lose out here - namely regular members - hence getting this poll up in GC.

Thoughts please.
SR91

29th Apr 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a 3 month window?
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Apr 09 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, the plan is to eventually roll out a more suitable solution but this would take at least that amount of time to programme. So yeah, this decision is basically a short term one.
lwigmore

29th Apr 09 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could do a trial run maybe ian?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I'd go only allowing Premium members to sell, it won't put a complete stop to fraud but it should help.
AndyCorsaSport

29th Apr 09 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Premium members only sounds like a good idea, then if anyone is to scam, they have had to pay £12.50 to sign up to do so, and surely you (Ian) will have some form of contact details of that person then, incase any scams occured, so you could pass onto the police etc?
FAZ
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trial it, for prem only, but cant see it being very beneficial to the site. persoanlly ian its peoples own fault, another option would be to include some terms and conditions to members when they sign up (guests cant buy / sell) and if they click agree, they are liable for their own actions or words to that effect

[Edited on 29-04-2009 by FAZ]
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Restricting it to premium wouldn't stop it though Ian, someone would pay £12.50 if they knew they're about to con £000's, IMO anyway.
SeanXE

29th Apr 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I voted for premium only Good luck with trying to stop the fraud or decreasing it atleast.
John

29th Apr 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think it will make any difference and as said elsewhere would mean people would take even less care because they assume premium means trustworthy.

Although i'm prem on here through choice I had to become prem on a couple of other forums solely to sell stuff.

Didn't make me anymore trustworthy and pissed me off.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Apr 09 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
surely you (Ian) will have some form of contact details of that person then, incase any scams occured, so you could pass onto the police etc?
Yes we would have better information but this largely depends on whether the prem signup is scammed as well.

Danny - we're not talking about stopping it completely, that would be unrealistic. This is just really to raise the bar and put people off as much as possible to make these things less likely.
FAZ
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is my idea of T & C a good one?
John

29th Apr 09 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everybody is liable for their own actions without clicking anything.
AndyCorsaSport

29th Apr 09 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
surely you (Ian) will have some form of contact details of that person then, incase any scams occured, so you could pass onto the police etc?

Yes we would have better information but this largely depends on whether the prem signup is scammed as well.

Yeah i suppose but to sign up as Prem dont you have to use a credit card? Surely you can get the address of the card etc, or some info? Or is that not possible.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Apr 09 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many times have you read T&C?
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People can CHOOSE to buy off premium or non-premium the way it's setup currently. Nothing else needs to be said.
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trading to premium only would help a lot don't get me wrong, would you put classifieds in premium or when a non prem member goes to make a thread make it pop up that they have to be prem?
harrisp

29th Apr 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave A was a premium member.

If you was to limit sales to premium members would you be able to let non premium members sell cars?
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Apr 09 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Surely you can get the address of the card etc, or some info?
Yes we would have the address that the card is registered to. Which even if it's stolen is still comeback because it would generally mean that it's big time and therefore there would be a Police investigation already going on. That's easier than persuading them to start a new one.
FAZ
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know, but it takes the emphasis off you and the site, as its really their fault and they couldnt buy seel stuff without agrreing to them and becoming a member so they have no leg to stand on, just an idea
Ian
Site Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
would you put classifieds in premium or when a non prem member goes to make a thread make it pop up that they have to be prem?
Yeah it'll stay looking the same but post buttons would be restricted.
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right I see, can only try I suppose. Some sort of traders score would be good aswell but as said, even that has its problems.
AndyCorsaSport

29th Apr 09 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it this way, Ian, you dont make no profits etc out of any sales on here, so doesnt really matter if people sell on here or not, but if you make it Prem only, there will be less cons/fraud, causing you less stress with people complaining to you etc, seems a good idea for you, doesnt bother me, hardly sell anything on here anyway.
FAZ
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ hes got a point actually, all you get off the trading on here is a headache from complaints, its a brilliant site (i think im addicted and actually blame CS for my lack of concentration at school)
trial run prem members only, wont hurt
Jamie-C

29th Apr 09 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just because someone is premium doesn't mean there genuine and basic members could be genuine. What if someone (basic member) has a rare part what someone wants? Can we not buy it?

Maybe people should just take more care when buying.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trading on Corsa Sport - PLEASE READ 22 database queries in 0.0195341 seconds