corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Police are appalling

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police are appalling
Butler

User status: Offline
24th May 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few years ago I witnessed an accident whereby a car was hit and rolled infront of me, I was the first on the scene so called 999. When I was asked where abouts the accident occured I said 'Outside Tesco in Folkestone', to which they replied 'Where is that?', not knowing a specific road name I continued... 'The large supermarket, its the only tesco in folkestone, cheriton to be precise, just off the m20', to my shock they replied 'We cant send an ambulance out unless you give us a road name', so I had to run down the road a while til I came across a signpost. Naturally I forgot about that, it was a few years ago now.

Anyway the other day I was at my friends halls at uni, just having a few quiet drinks and saying bye as everyone was leaving on the saturday. A few of the girls had gone out and text one of the girls in the flat to say they were bringing some people back, well 'a few people' turned out to be pretty much the whole of this club, id estimate about 70+ people. We locked the doors and a few of the guys were getting really rowdy, and broke into the block next door, bottles were thrown at the building and the fire alarm was set off. One of the guy sin the block next door came out with a baseball bat and had about 10 drunk idiots in his face. Everyone in the flat said someone should ring the police and I opted to do it. It took a good while for them to find the place on their system but sure enough they said they had sent someone out. About 45 minutes later, the fire brigade were there but pretty helpless to the crowds of people. I rang the police again, the woman on the other end picked up and said 'youve made an emergency call to the police department from mobile number 077*******' all of which took about 30 seconds. I told them the situation and repeated the details which took about 5 minutes. The woman said there is no record of the call and that im through to the met police and actually want the surrey police. 'I said, well I just called 999', and the woman said well do you want me to put you through?, I said yes, then I hear the operators voice telling me that the other party has ended the call. I said im supposed to be being redirected and they said no they have terminated the call, do I want to be reconnected!? So anyway, another 20 minutes went and finally they turned up, they were horribly rude to me in person. I and all my friends were appalled at the service, had quicker chinese takeaways. Someone buy the police a sat nav. Oh and some manners if thats possible.

Rant over
Nath

24th May 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking shocking stuff
Jay

24th May 09 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Sat Nav wouldnt be able to be used unless you give them a street name/postcode
FAZ
Premium Member

24th May 09 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dicks - though i do respect some aspects of their job

[Edited on 24-05-2009 by FAZ]
Nath

24th May 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM
The Sat Nav wouldnt be able to be used unless you give them a street name/postcode

Ben G

24th May 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

police are fine here, my brothers mate stupidly took a bb gun in my brothers car and they drove about.

they went into mcdonalds to get something to eat, came out, drove to his mates house and armed police had followed and surrounded his car and dragged them out thinking it was a real gun

needless to say my brother will never do anything stupid like that again

[Edited on 24-05-2009 by Ben G]
BluKoo

24th May 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police have been brilliant for me recently. I've got nothing but respect for them.

Remember I got assualted about 3 weeks ago, but i had no idea who did it?

Well, i got a call from the cops the other day to inform me that they found 5 witnesses, found out who did it, and arrested the guy. A few hours later he had been charged with serious assualt and thrown in the cell. He appeared in court on Friday, and he got thrown back in the cells
He's back in court again tomorrow.
Shell
Premium Member

24th May 09 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mr Koo, do you know how long it is after an incident that you can report it?
BluKoo

24th May 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think there is a time limit at all.
gtitim

24th May 09 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
Mr Koo, do you know how long it is after an incident that you can report it?

The longer you leave it, the less chance of catching offenders etc, depending on what it is. If there are no forensics to be gathered, it will be a routine job, and you will get called/visited in next day or two, depending on how many priority or urgent incidents there are. bank holiday weekend is a good time to report stuff, as most criminals take bank holidays off and we are less busy ( generally) for some reason!
ssj_kakarot

24th May 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm when my friends car got broken into ( we actually knew who did it) we informed the police of his name, address and showed them a finger print on the wing mirror that the theif left, we were told not to hold our breath as there wouldnt be enough evidence :/

other than that not really had any other interaction, well apart from seeing those police officers who are suffering from power trips you see pushing drunk people about on nights out for no reason, but i guess you get that with every job.
Butler

24th May 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rang the police, its a service. A service which sucks. They were rude to me when they arrived anyway.
J4M13

24th May 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police can be bell ends at times.

Once when i was around the age of 10 and my brother was 9 we were both staying at my grans pub whilst our parents were on holiday. I knew my uncle had a bb gun so i went into his room whilst he was out early one morning and had my bro in the front room upstairs, he was shitting it as i told him i was going to shoot him So what did he do, picked up the phone and dialled 999 to scare me but put the phone down at the last second before they answered.
Problem was, he hadnt put the phone down porperly and was now shouting at me 'dont shoot me, dont shoot me'.
about 10mins later we heard aload of noise downstairs (was only 6am) and the cleaner was screaming. The pub had been raided by the armed police
I got a proper telling off but more so my bro for ringing 999.
Butler

24th May 09 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats awesome
Warren G

24th May 09 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

J4M13

24th May 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah i forgot to add, we were both given a lecture about calling 999 without a good cause and given leaflets about this matter aswell
Nath

24th May 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J4M13
Police can be bell ends at times.

Once when i was around the age of 10 and my brother was 9 we were both staying at my grans pub whilst our parents were on holiday. I knew my uncle had a bb gun so i went into his room whilst he was out early one morning and had my bro in the front room upstairs, he was shitting it as i told him i was going to shoot him So what did he do, picked up the phone and dialled 999 to scare me but put the phone down at the last second before they answered.
Problem was, he hadnt put the phone down porperly and was now shouting at me 'dont shoot me, dont shoot me'.
about 10mins later we heard aload of noise downstairs (was only 6am) and the cleaner was screaming. The pub had been raided by the armed police
I got a proper telling off but more so my bro for ringing 999.

Ian
Site Administrator

25th May 09 at 02:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I phoned them once for a break-in, they said they had no one in the area.

I waited a while and phoned them back and told them I'd shot the burglar. They turned up within 2 minutes, loads of lights and cars, dogs, the lot.

They then got shirty when they accused me of lying about shooting him to which I replied 'I thought you had no one in the area'.
Graham88

25th May 09 at 04:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FAZ
Premium Member

25th May 09 at 06:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha ian!
Andrew

25th May 09 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had to call them twice laterly due to some scally who has moved in next door. Each time because someone has been kicking in his door.

Both times the Police were here within minutes in two patrol cars. Not sure if it's because it's the weekend and i live near the town centre.

Another time i had to call them as my shed got broken into. Again, the were here within minutes. That time the bird of the team offered to stay incase the scallys come back and had another go at getting in. I wanted to bum her so thought that was a bad idea

There's also been times where i've got myself into trouble driving like a noob. Always managed to get away with it and the copper being sound, even when i was doing over a ton on the Wirral.

End of the day, the Police just have a job to do like the rest of us.

[Edited on 25-05-2009 by Andrew]
Jonny P

25th May 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, but when im at work i like to think im not a twat

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
I've had to call them twice laterly due to some scally who has moved in next door. Each time because someone has been kicking in his door.

Both times the Police were here within minutes in two patrol cars. Not sure if it's because it's the weekend and i live near the town centre.

Another time i had to call them as my shed got broken into. Again, the were here within minutes. That time the bird of the team offered to stay incase the scallys come back and had another go at getting in. I wanted to bum her so thought that was a bad idea

There's also been times where i've got myself into trouble driving like a noob. Always managed to get away with it and the copper being sound, even when i was doing over a ton on the Wirral.

End of the day, the Police just have a job to do like the rest of us.

[Edited on 25-05-2009 by Andrew]
Mobby

25th May 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the dude taking on a crowd of people with a bat is
Butler

25th May 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I felt bad for him to be honest. Was probably just chilling in his room when all these idiots come out of no where. Dont blame him for getting angry about it.
baza31

26th May 09 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wont even write my opinion on the police

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Police are appalling 22 database queries in 0.2204220 seconds