corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 350z

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 350z
ChazSXi

User status: Offline
30th May 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it martin who had that loverly goldun on here?

tempted to stray away from the 745 and go for something a little more interesting to drive and suited to my age(even tho the beemer is holding strong!)

what peeps opinions on em? the 3.5 sounds gorgeous but is it a decent engine? anyone got one or have driven one?
Rich H

30th May 09 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nik had the gold one iirc, Martin had a blue one.

Good cars from all accounts I've heard in the past mate. One I clean occaisionally sounds awesome - know bugger all about it though
ChazSXi

30th May 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Nik had the gold one iirc, Martin had a blue one.

Good cars from all accounts I've heard in the past mate. One I clean occaisionally sounds awesome - know bugger all about it though

they do sound awesome.

My grandad owning tendencies are swaying abit we shall see!
CorsAsh

30th May 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the best sounding engines out there, but feel a bit heavy.

Nice cars though.

I had a play in this one, Nismo version. Note the Datsun plate, didn't impress the owner
WATSON

30th May 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never liked them until a mate just bought one not so long ago which turnt out to be martins old one

Very nice cars pretty nippy too, Guys just put the car into a tunning garage for some tunning cams, ecu, ect ect the list goes on
Adam_B

30th May 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive one regularly. They are good to drive, handling is quite oversteery but the TC is decent, gives a bit of slip then catches it. Better with it off though as it can be a tad violent sometimes. They feel heavy, like almost agricultural kinda thing. Big heavy clunky gearbox but in a satisfying way and the steering is similarly heavy but not horrid.

Id say the engine note was fairly bland for a big V6 but its more interesting than most 4 pots that people are probably used to. Power and the way its delivered is quite deceptive, like you stick your toe down and it is reasonably quick but nothing mega, then you look at the speedo and its realise your traving faster than it feels.

The big let down for me is the interior, its interesting but too much use of cheapo plastics and the bose sound system sounds crap with the sub right behind the drivers seat. Not what you want in what is essentialy a GT style cruiser.

Lot of car for the money though!

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

[Edited on 30-05-2009 by Adam_B]
N4_RUE

30th May 09 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like them to look at but they r a let down on the inside , nice to drive tho

[Edited on 30-05-2009 by N4_RUE]
Colin

31st May 09 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of my good mates bought one a few months back....good cars. I rate them
Carl

31st May 09 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
I drive one regularly. They are good to drive, handling is quite oversteery but the TC is decent, gives a bit of slip then catches it. Better with it off though as it can be a tad violent sometimes. They feel heavy, like almost agricultural kinda thing. Big heavy clunky gearbox but in a satisfying way and the steering is similarly heavy but not horrid.

Id say the engine note was fairly bland for a big V6 but its more interesting than most 4 pots that people are probably used to. Power and the way its delivered is quite deceptive, like you stick your toe down and it is reasonably quick but nothing mega, then you look at the speedo and its realise your traving faster than it feels.

The big let down for me is the interior, its interesting but too much use of cheapo plastics and the bose sound system sounds crap with the sub right behind the drivers seat. Not what you want in what is essentialy a GT style cruiser.

Lot of car for the money though!

[Edited on 30-05-2009 by Adam_B]

I might be totally wrong here, but I'm sure the imports/Fairlady's aren't on par with the none imports? As said not sure where i've got that from or if it is even accurate.

Awesome cars tho, they have a proper presence. Look for a gt pack version as the alloys are a lot nicer than the standard ones. Plenty of car for the money, wasn't that long ago my brother paid 20k for his, luckily he sold it before the arse proper fell out of the market, but he only sold it due to moving house and needing the money to develop that, not anything to do with the car.

Can get a feel of the size on this pic,

mk4_astra

31st May 09 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really wanted one and was going to start to look at one as my next car but i needed more than 2 seats and the earlier cars had a few issues with the bose sound system, plus the fact people said the interior did feel abit cheap was enough to sway me to a facelift 330ci.

if you can live with the fact that its a 2 seater when it should really of been at least a 2+2(look at the picture, its barely longer than the 306!) and you can live with the fact your not going to get an interior like a well spec'd bmw then get one, alot of car for the money with enough performance to keep you happy
3lfz

31st May 09 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy across the road from me had a black one, then bought a new red one, so can't be too bad.
ChazSXi

31st May 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shall have to take one out n see...im used to driving a tdi passat so doubt it will feel that heavy

interior isnt a patch on the 7 tho...argh wwhy am i swaying towarda a fat cat car!
CorsAsh

31st May 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You had a look at RX8s?
ChazSXi

31st May 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
You had a look at RX8s?

been told to avoid em tbh!

interiors look nice but they look feminine outside...and apparenty arent that quick/need to be looked after
CorsAsh

31st May 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends who you ask about them.

Exteriors aren't that feminine, especially with the optional extras. Only thing I don't much like are the tail lights.

Engines do need more looking after, but only in the sense of making sure they get serviced on time etc. Handling is supposed to be even better than the 7s.
Colin

31st May 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What ive heard of RX8's is they eat oil & drop in value quicker than HBOS shares.
Kurt

31st May 09 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I moved and rx8 at work the other week, may aswell not have mirrors for all the use they were.
CorsAsh

31st May 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
What ive heard of RX8's is they eat oil & drop in value quicker than HBOS shares.
90% of cars are doing so at the moment

There's plenty of pros and cons as with any other car, I'm not getting into the old arguments about rotaries again as most of the stuff you hear comes from "experts" that never even owned/ran one.
Colin

31st May 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not claiming to be an expert, im not making arguments either. Im just saying what ive heard.

Oil - you need to top up around every 5 tanks of petrol. True/false - im not sure!!

Pre recession - the prices dropped lots, a guy at work said his parents paid 19k or so fo rone & got offered 5k trade in 3yrs later.

[Edited on 31-05-2009 by Colin]
CorsAsh

31st May 09 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't saying you were one of the "experts", just that most information especially on the net comes from armchair mechanics who simply regurgitate what they claim are facts, but have no grounding.

You might need to top up but that doesn't mean the oil's empty. Mine needs more as it's an older design with turbos, and I used about a litre in the month I was here with the car, including the drive over and back, and 8 laps of the Ring.

Bet they didn't drop as much as some Alfas for example.

I'm not having a go, just get tired of all the same things cropping up whenever an RX is mentioned.

Back to 350Zs anyway. Was just suggesting an alternative.
Colin

31st May 09 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough

I do like the RX's. I was in at a mazda garage a few months ago with a mate looking for a 3 mps for him, they didnt have any but I had a good look around a couple RX8's & they do seem like a lot of car for the cash. They had 07 plates, with low miles & remainder of the warranty for 11-12k.

Good alternative, especially if 2 seats are no good!! I think i'd live with it though & get the Nissan out of those 2, once the 370z comes out they will be even more of a bargain!.

Seen Alfa's mentioned & made me think of another alternative - I recon you could get a nice Brera for around the same money.
CORSA NUT

31st May 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ash stop sticking up for the RX8 mate..we've been through this.....there shit!

I've heard the 350z feels slow off the line but once moving it shifts a bit..not what i'd want from a circa 300 hp car
CORSA NUT

31st May 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now a 3 MPS......

That's a good car i was chasing motorbikes on the m/way in 6th gear when i drove one..very quick.
ChazSXi

31st May 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mps...nah looks ming

hmmm so hese are my two main options...i know they are totally different but im weird

350Z

[Edited on 31-05-2009 by ChazSXi]
mwg

31st May 09 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm now partially blinded after looking at that 7 series

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 350z 22 database queries in 0.0172739 seconds