corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ITV2

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ITV2
MarkM

User status: Offline
   9th Jun 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jurassic Park

C2RL R

9th Jun 09 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah awesome film. i love the soundtrack. i wish they had only made the first one though as all the sequels were shite. i'm pretty sure i was in my last year of primary school when i saw it at the cinema.
Marc

9th Jun 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 ans 3 were so bad! Can't believe they were still directed by Spielberg!
Hammer

9th Jun 09 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Classic
C2RL R

9th Jun 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cow scene
C2RL R

9th Jun 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get the feeling they spent most of their budget on the t-rex and raptor graphics and then just threw that rubber brachiosaurus in at the last minute.
MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1993 this was out in the Cinema.

16 years ago!

MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
i get the feeling they spent most of their budget on the t-rex and raptor graphics and then just threw that rubber brachiosaurus in at the last minute.

What about the Gallimimus and Diloposaur scenes though!!!

C2RL R

10th Jun 09 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that Gallimimus scene was immense. i saw the documentary about it all those years ago (still can't believe i was only 11) and it was groundbreaking technology they used. they surpassed any previous cgi efforts by far.
MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
that Gallimimus scene was immense. i saw the documentary about it all those years ago (still can't believe i was only 11) and it was groundbreaking technology they used. they surpassed any previous cgi efforts by far.

We must be the same age then (27). I was 11 too.

Still remember the day at the cinema like it was yesterday.

I would say I have seen that movie over 50 times now. I also didn't mind 2 or 3. 1 was best though.

swill_omnibus

10th Jun 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Though the 1st one is amazing, the 3rd one was good. Granted not as good, but the satellite phone in the dino

[Edited on 10-06-2009 by swill_omnibus]
MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also thought the ending to the second was a bit pants. Where he used the raptor resinating chamber to talk to them.

I wanted to see a kill.

[Edited on 10-06-2009 by MarkM]
mwg

10th Jun 09 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was good.

But I always preferred the sequels even though they were far fetched. Just because you got to see the islands in the aftermath years of the dinosaurs breaking free

not for the story lines!

[Edited on 10-06-2009 by Matty G]
MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Question.

If T-Rex's sight was based on movement then surely his sense of smell was pretty good?

Take the scene in the first one where Dr Grant and Lex are kneeling next to the up turned car as Rex looks over it. Surely he could smell them being that close?

One of the best scenes in the movie is the game warden being stalked by the Raptors...."Clleeeeevvveerrr ggguuuuurrrrl"...
C2RL R

10th Jun 09 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate i'm 27. i remember on the way back from the cinema i was sat in the back of my Dads transit van cause they couldn't afford a car aswell. i was looking out the back window imagining being chased by a t-rex as in that famous scene with the jeep wing mirror. what a saddo!

i think that may have been the first time i had that adrenaline buzz you get after watching a class film at the cinema.
C2RL R

10th Jun 09 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Question.

If T-Rex's sight was based on movement then surely his sense of smell was pretty good?

Take the scene in the first one where Dr Grant and Lex are kneeling next to the up turned car as Rex looks over it. Surely he could smell them being that close?

One of the best scenes in the movie is the game warden being stalked by the Raptors...."Clleeeeevvveerrr ggguuuuurrrrl"...

how the hell do they know it's vision was based on movement anyway? is it just a myth made up by the writers to explain how so many people could survive being that close to a t-rex? as for the sense of smell thing...i wouldn't be overly supprised if it had a poor sense of smell. i know it is one of the largest predators ever to walk the earth but the mechanics of it were shoddy. look at it's puny useless arms ffs!
MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Question.

how the hell do they know it's vision was based on movement anyway? is it just a myth made up by the writers to explain how so many people could survive being that close to a t-rex? as for the sense of smell thing...i wouldn't be overly supprised if it had a poor sense of smell. i know it is one of the largest predators ever to walk the earth but the mechanics of it were shoddy. look at it's puny useless arms ffs!

I'm sure I have watched a programme on Discovery that said the same about the vision. But how they know, as you say, from bones is another argument.

The documentaries also say that T-Rex wasn't a predator but more of a scavenger. You're right they did have puny arms...but big maaahhhoooossssive jaws!!

Dinosaurs fascinate me. I think I liked the third film as it was an insight into the carnage that would occur if one was let loose today!!

MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some info off tinterweb. Most of them are theories so no one knows for sure. The info on the sense of smell is interesting though.

Despite his impressive height, weight and length, some scientists, including paleontologist Jack Horner, think that the T-Rex, a huge, therapod dinosaur from the Cretaceous period, didn't chase down its prey at all, but was merely a scavenger. As a scavenger he fed off of already dead animals, killed by old age, disease, or other carnivores, to get his meals. Dr. Horner points out that some of today's largest birds, like the vulture, are scavengers (Birds are thought to be the dinosaurs' closest living relatives). Proponents of the scavenger theory also note that the T-Rex's scrawny front arms seem inadequate to hold a victim during an attack (Others point out some creatures, like the great white shark, are successful predators even with no arms at all). Horner also thinks T-Rex's legs were optimized for walking, rather than running prey to ground. He probably followed a large herd of animals, like Triceratops, waiting for one of them to keel over. Fossil examination show that the T-Rex's olfactory lobes (the part of the brain that handles smell) were huge. On one fossil specimens they were found to be as large as grapefruits. These huge lobes suggest that a Tyrannosaurus might be able to smell a rotting carcass, his next meal, from miles away.

[Edited on 10-06-2009 by MarkM]
C2RL R

10th Jun 09 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i was wrong about the sense of smell thing but his arms are still shit though!
Scotty_B

10th Jun 09 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted the little girl to get eaten.

All 3 films are good.
MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The book is completely different though!!

C2RL R

10th Jun 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently i had a bit of a thing for the girl in jurassic park when i was a kid! she's probably a moose now.
MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She is vile.

In the book the T-Rex has a juvenile with it when it tears the car apart. Also Hammond is killed by a pack of dinosaurs.

Also the lawyer lives.
Dom

10th Jun 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The book is completely different though!!

Yeah, got both Jurassic Park and the Lost World from the original print, absolute brilliant reads!!
JP1 was a brilliant film, likewise with JP2 (although would be nice if they stayed a little closer to the book) but 3 was just dire.....
C2RL R

10th Jun 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've never read it. didn't really get into reading books til i left high school. i think in the movie there is a very good scene where they leave the island and you see the look of despair and regret on Hammonds face. it's a great bit of acting from attenborough that would have abviously not been there if they'd kept it true to the book.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ITV2 22 database queries in 0.0171599 seconds