corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » unemployed day

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author unemployed day
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
10th Jun 09 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those of you out there who are unemployed and NEED a job and are ACTIVELY seeking work, I know theres a few such as whooly and mattk (i think ), does it get you down applying for what for me must be 50 plus jobs now and hearing fuck all back from most, or a letter saying unsucessfull or go through any interviews only to find the job is pish and not what advertised as?

on a plus note i have what seems like a decent interview on monday so fingers crossed for that, only been unemployed two weeks and already cba
Whittie

10th Jun 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm technically unemployed and have been for some time

Doesn't get me down though
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
I'm technically unemployed and have been for some time

Doesn't get me down though

what do you do for cash?
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got this email:

Hi,

Your details are registered on one of the major job boards we use, I just thought you maybe interested in a new fieldsales position as a Business Consultant with Insurety.

Insurety established in 1997 are part of the April Group and are one of the uk's leading providers of Income Protection and Health Insurance Policies who offer money back on selected policies. Working on a self-employed basis promoting and selling their Lifestyle Protection Policies to Business to Consumer and Business to Business.

You will need to be self motivated, career minded and ambitous.Insurety will offer a rewarding career and recognise ability. They provide on going support and training, candidates who have an ability will have a career progression and the following benefits:
UNCAPPED COMMISSION PAID BY BACS WEEKLY INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
QUARTERLY BONUS SCHEMES
OVERSEAS CONVENTIONS
LOYALTY RENEWAL COMMISSIONS
The role is to be an ambassador for the Company at all times, and account manager your own Terriority from Self-Generation as well as renewals of existing customers.

If this role is of interest to you, please forward your CV to me for consideration they will be holding interviews Wednesday 17th in Newcastle , their are two slots 10.00am and 1.00pm which will start with a 15 minute presentation then a one to one interview. Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me, or you may peruse the company on www.insurety.com.

regards

Kerry Fowler
Senior Account Manager
t113 2704048
f113 272 0753
m7546 448 791
e:juliel@dsp-recruitment.com

you know this is shit before you even bother
Whittie

10th Jun 09 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Various bits n bobs.
*JonnyG*

10th Jun 09 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try not working for 2 n half years mate.. Yeah mainly my fault.. but when i want work they isn't any.
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*
Try not working for 2 n half years mate.. Yeah mainly my fault.. but when i want work they isn't any.

do you not always want work, first time ive been unemployed since leaving school, im 20 btw, i had to go to the dole and feel like a smack head sitting with what can mostly be described as scum. I would do any job with a basic of mor ethan 150 pw atm

bit shit when i was coming out with 1600pm after tax before
Nick-S

10th Jun 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had no job 6 months now. last time i counted id aplied for about 60 jobs. out of all of those i only had 3 or 4 even bother replying thanks but no thanks

ive got my LGV Cat C test a week on friday so hopefully that should open some doors for me

then again i am young and inexperianced

[Edited on 10-06-2009 by GSi_16v]
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
Ive had no job 6 months now. last time i counted id aplied for about 60 jobs. out of all of those i only had 3 or 4 even bother replying thanks but no thanks

ive got my LGV Cat C test a week on friday so hopefully that should open some doors for me

then again i am young and inexperianced

[Edited on 10-06-2009 by GSi_16v]

good luck with that mate, the dole said they would pay for training to me but i really just need a job, i check job centre plus, monster and fish for jobs every day and apply for any new jobs, but still mostly hear fuck all. although mine has only been a couple weeks
Nick-S

10th Jun 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i asked about helping towards funds for my LGV lissence and they just said no

jobcenter plus, monster and fish for jobs and total jobs are what i use. am on 2 agencies as well. it realy sucks arse. going into the job center every to weeks make me feel like shite
Sam
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you lot actually register with recruitment agencies? You get a better chance of getting a job than just applying for a job from the paper or or even through the Job Centre for that matter (not that they ever have any decent jobs there, mainly just minimum wage shit).
Nick-S

10th Jun 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am with 2.
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Do you lot actually register with recruitment agencies? You get a better chance of getting a job than just applying for a job from the paper or or even through the Job Centre for that matter (not that they ever have any decent jobs there, mainly just minimum wage shit).

most jobs on are agency..... ive applied for loads through friends....even applied for a petrol station night shift, 28 hours per week ant 5.80 ph......seriously wtf but it would pay my bills so i applied
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
i asked about helping towards funds for my LGV lissence and they just said no

jobcenter plus, monster and fish for jobs and total jobs are what i use. am on 2 agencies as well. it realy sucks arse. going into the job center every to weeks make me feel like shite

iir the training has to be in your sector for example, you would of had to be a driver before, they are paying a lad i used to work withs class 1, as he said there not many class 2 jobs about
Sam
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You applied for a petrol station job? But you speak fluent English?
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
You applied for a petrol station job? But you speak fluent English?

lol i dont im a mackem, i only type normally on here because every cries when you dont
*JonnyG*

10th Jun 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*

do you not always want work, first time ive been unemployed since leaving school, im 20 btw, i had to go to the dole and feel like a smack head sitting with what can mostly be described as scum. I would do any job with a basic of mor ethan 150 pw atm

bit shit when i was coming out with 1600pm after tax before

Yeah, i do want to work.. I do the odd cash in hand jobs to tie me over, but they isn't any other money no where else.
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being unemployed is awfull, it's not so much the lack of money I hate but the boredom, try BnQ, aldi, asda etc for nightshifts shelfstacking. They pay decent wages.
swill_omnibus

10th Jun 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been out a job 6months now

I'm going to college instead and getting a part-time job. Again if can get one of those
Kevxx

10th Jun 09 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Various bits n bobs.

you sell drugs?

may i ask how you folks without jobs afford insurance? :S i mean i work alot of hours, skint all the time it seems

[Edited on 10-06-2009 by Kevxx]
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Being unemployed is awfull, it's not so much the lack of money I hate but the boredom, try BnQ, aldi, asda etc for nightshifts shelfstacking. They pay decent wages.

already applied at asda george mate waiting to hear back, most places arent taking on though
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aldi and BnQ were £9/hour when I was after a short term job, many moons ago now though.
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Aldi and BnQ were £9/hour when I was after a short term job, many moons ago now though.

thats not bad at all tbh, goes to look on websites
Kevxx

10th Jun 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MCJOB
Nick-S

10th Jun 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
christ ive never earned more than £6 n hour

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » unemployed day 22 database queries in 0.1471050 seconds