corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Work "Colleagues"

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Work "Colleagues"
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   29th Jul 09 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone work with complete dickheads; 3 months ago we took on two new office staff
The first is a short, fat, angry ginger scot who is useless at everything and good at nothing. Talks to himself constantly, I have a running commentary of his entire life from when he's going to lunch to when he needs the toilet.
He bought his "special" chair to work as our's weren't good enough for his bad back! A bad back which saw hime have 3 month off at his last job. yet he plays golf twice a week and thai boxes twice a week.

He's fucked up 75% of what he's meant to have done and is generally a complete dickhead. I spend my life sorting out his bullshit

Number two is a CAD Engineer who we took on as a contractor who never has anything positive to say. Number 1 and number 2 hate one another and its a constant slanging match across the office between them. Although the work he does is quite good it does take him 14 years to do anything.

Does anyone else have dickheads to contend with?
Mobby

29th Jul 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the boss and his arse lickers ( consist of two )

[Edited on 29-07-2009 by mobby]
Marc

Place is full of them here!

And fat birds
Conway563

I used to work with a bloke like number one who was covering somebodies maternity leave. In the end I told my boss I thought he was fucking useless and he got rid of him.
Means I've got more work to do for the next 4 months but aat least I know it's getting done
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Jul 09 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, I work with 3 guys between the ages of 40-65, 4 women in the office and the Boss who shows his face once a day for a few hours, I'm quite lucky in that sense.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

29th Jul 09 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only 3 good people in my section
sand-eel

29th Jul 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
A particular person that always talks to himself, thinks he is a ladies man but his GF is fat as fuck a retard and ugly. He also said to a few new people he was in charge when he is defo not.
C2RL R

29th Jul 09 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work with 4 other blokes. 3 are sound, 1 is a bit of a tool but if you keep him in his place he behaves. we have taken on a lot of so called "engineers" lately, some of them are beyond useless. i dont work with them directly though so it's ok.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

29th Jul 09 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am 3rd in command at my place so when the other 2 are off i take over. there is one guy there who when i give him a job the conversation goes like this!

mark: can you do the spigots and then onto eaton aero please
ian: yeah i think i should do the spigots and eaton aero tonight i'll leave you to sort yourself out
mark: i know ian ive just told you that!
ian: im just off for a fag

he is completely fucking retarded i just want to punch him in the face!
rustyarchs

29th Jul 09 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my workmates are all pretty sound can get a bit crabbit on the end of a nightshift but thats about it really! everyones pretty good at there job, then again make mistakes in my place and you get injured or killed!
Kurt

29th Jul 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a parts guy, nuff said
goodisonefc1986
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

29th Jul 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone where i work is 19-30 and the boss is 30, none are really useless, always have a laugh and stuff and everyones work gets done, some fit birds in there too
RichR
Premium Member

29th Jul 09 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want rid of both of these; person 2 is on a 6month contract and is definately going then - I've got someone coming back who did his year in industry with us.

The first guy is on a 12month contract and even though it doesn't sound nice, he's gone out and bought a new car, new house etc all based on being in this job and I don't see him making it past 12 months
mwg

29th Jul 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. One of the other CAD technicians refuses to draw the same way as the rest of us, awkward bitch. Plus she will not use layers properly and I've gone through how annotative text, leader and dimensions work but she still doesn't do it. Which basically all adds up to become a nightmare when one of us ends up having to amend something she has done cos its different to the office standard that the rest of us work to.

I am also the one that gets called on by the boss to sort out other peoples fuck ups. Its good that I'm thought of as the one to sort it and it seems to work in my favour come pay reivew time but at the same time its a pain in the arse sorting other peoples crap out
Daveskater
Premium Member

29th Jul 09 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The people I work directly with are all alright chaps (and lasses), but there is one guy in the company who always seems to be in a mood and is apparently sarcastic a lot. I fortunately never have anything to do with him other than put calls through occasionally (I'm a CAD Engineer but reception is behind me so sometimes have to answer the phone )

Ivi, next time that Ian chap is like that, I'd say something like "you do know I'm the one in charge right, not you" or along those lines. Sounds like he thinks you're equals or that he's above you.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
mwg

29th Jul 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then theres the guy that always says "dont get me wrong but"

and you know full well he is about to say something condescending or controversial in some way
RichR
Premium Member

29th Jul 09 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
Yes. One of the other CAD technicians refuses to draw the same way as the rest of us, awkward bitch. Plus she will not use layers properly and I've gone through how annotative text, leader and dimensions work but she still doesn't do it. Which basically all adds up to become a nightmare when one of us ends up having to amend something she has done cos its different to the office standard that the rest of us work to.

I am also the one that gets called on by the boss to sort out other peoples fuck ups. Its good that I'm thought of as the one to sort it and it seems to work in my favour come pay reivew time but at the same time its a pain in the arse sorting other peoples crap out

exactly the same with the second person I'm on about - he's worked in lots of very high precision engineering companies before us and normally been the only CAD engineer in those businesses - he's usually employed on a contract by contract basis - so it doesn't matter how he did the drawings so long as the final PDF sent to the companies he was working for were useable. Here however he has to fit in with our way of doing things and he just won't.

I came in the other day to find that all the drawing borders had been changed and he's bloody done it without permission but in such a way that I can't figure otu how to change them back!
ed

29th Jul 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who do CAD, and CAD only for a living are usually a bit funny. Probably due to the stress of having to use irritating buggy software day in day out.
sand-eel

29th Jul 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't mind a CAD job, but using pro/engineer any jobs going?

[Edited on 29-07-2009 by sand-eel]
Simon

29th Jul 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
The people I work directly with are all alright chaps (and lasses), but there is one guy in the company who always seems to be in a mood and is apparently sarcastic a lot. I fortunately never have anything to do with him other than put calls through occasionally (I'm a CAD Engineer but reception is behind me so sometimes have to answer the phone )

Ivi, next time that Ian chap is like that, I'd say something like "you do know I'm the one in charge right, not you" or along those lines. Sounds like he thinks you're equals or that he's above you.

Who Dave?
Daveskater
Premium Member

29th Jul 09 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
People who do CAD, and CAD only for a living are usually a bit funny. Probably due to the stress of having to use irritating buggy software day in day out.

It's been properly annoying lately, got a bug where it crashes when you copy something. They're working on a fix though.

People loosely follow standards here, seems to vary a bit depending on the team (we have 4 teams) but there is a group of people working on new standards etc that everyone is going to have to use once they're implemented.

Simon - PM

[Edited on 29-07-2009 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
shaunmods
Premium Member

29th Jul 09 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave that bloke at your work sounds just like a girl who I have the pleasure of working with. Always something wrong with the moody bitch! She struts about like shes the best thing since sliced bread, speaks to people like shit and is so sarcy its unreal. Can't stand people like that
corsa - gus

29th Jul 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YES!!! My line manager is a wanker, he is a Senior Surveyor (fuck knows how) and makes life very difficult for us. Constantly the new subs on site are under him, then after a month or two they are passed on to me. The guy has never been on site in the 18 months I have worked here So how can he possibly know what has been done and what hasn't

The last three contractors I have inherited from him have all had payments made on account to the value of what they are claiming, however as usual with things like this, after site measures they have been grossly over claiming which means we are technically well out of pocket and they could turn round and fuck off quite happily with a healthy profit after only a couple of months

He also has a strange infactuation with our site secretary And when I say strange I mean it, if she reported him I have no doubt at all he would be fucked! He is sexually harrassing her, but shes too nice to report it as she always says he has problems. She has told him several times she wants nothing to do with him, when she does this he just refuses to talk to her for a month or so then starts his shit again.

Other than that we have a great site team
mwg

29th Jul 09 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
exactly the same with the second person I'm on about - he's worked in lots of very high precision engineering companies before us and normally been the only CAD engineer in those businesses - he's usually employed on a contract by contract basis - so it doesn't matter how he did the drawings so long as the final PDF sent to the companies he was working for were useable. Here however he has to fit in with our way of doing things and he just won't.

I came in the other day to find that all the drawing borders had been changed and he's bloody done it without permission but in such a way that I can't figure otu how to change them back!

The woman I am on about here is a typical german - arrogant. She just does what she wants.

Ha ha its identical to this lass. The stuff she sends out doesn't look that bad I guess, its slightly different as she insists on setting out her leaders differently but to look at on a paper or PDF copy its not so bad. We just all dread the day when we get asked to amend her drawings. Drives me up the wall.

Have tried telling her myself and it didn't work, I've told the Directors but they cant through to her either
Partyvan
Banned

29th Jul 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is exactly why I DON'T work, too many politics and bullshit.

I'd much sooner spend my days tinkering with cars or relaxing in the sun.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Work "Colleagues" 23 database queries in 0.0642440 seconds