corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » white gsi rep now xe'd ***AFTER RESPRAY PICS NOW ADDED***

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author white gsi rep now xe'd ***AFTER RESPRAY PICS NOW ADDED***
scunnylad

User status: Offline
29th Jul 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reet i bin on here a while the names sam and a hgv mechanic. this is my 2nd corsa and had it a while but not started a project thred so thought id give 1 ago.

ive got a white corsa and started life as a 1.2 8v, i bought it for £50 of an old boy at my place as it had a bent door and knackard steering column as sum1 tried twockin it,

i did the basics and fit new lock set and door then set to modifyin it.

i removed the interior and got 2 cobra monaco's with luke 4 point harness's. ive retrimmed the door cards in same colour as seats (blue) and started painting sum of the dash and other plastics, i was gunna keep rear seats but dedicided to get rid so just have 2 front seats.

i then removed my highly powerful 1.2 and preped the engine bay while giving my xe a full rebuild (shells, pisotn rings, water pump, gaskets belts plugs leads cts and so on.) i then fit the engine and wired it all up. i decided to modify the bulk head as i wanted to keep the sfi box.

i plumbed it all up with roose motorsport hoses and struggled fitting header tank and battery where they should becoz of sfi box, but after a bit of persuasion i managed to get them to fit and then went for the first strike up.

this went badly as i firstly had fuel pipes on wrong way round lol then had icv wiring on wrong then crank sensor went down but after these lil problems it no runs as sweet as.

its got coilovers at front a 60mm shocks and springs at rear, 2.0l front discs and pads and a powerflow exhaust with sports cat on which gives it a nice purr on tickover.

bodywise its got gsi bumper and spoiler, gsi rep skirts (which are shite to fit and dont meet with arches as well as standard gsi skirts. i have cesaros on at the min but have had comp mo's sum 17in dotz which are in my display pic and 15 in steelies.

i was planning on mot this week but ive gave it all a once over as it has been stood for a while and found a few brake pipes shot, bottom ball joints and t/rod ends worn and front flexis lookin abit shady so renewed all these then a bleed nipple snapped in rear cylinder so will be fitting 1 soon then making sure it all spot on.

jobs to do after mot is window tinting (i was thinking just a light smoke tint) and a respray in same colour just to remove a few rust patches and make it look abit better

any1 got any ideas of other good mods to do or opinions on it will be greatfull of the ideas.

pics will be up within the next few days

[Edited on 11-09-2012 by scunnylad]

[Edited on 11-09-2012 by scunnylad]
scunnylad

30th Jul 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jul 09 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has potential, a few things I would change if it was my car though, also, the drivers side door looks a bit fucked?
scunnylad

30th Jul 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot would u change matey ? and it just were the bump strip removed i think its not bent or dented ?
davieslim

30th Jul 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its a replica but i like the look of it, ive always had a soft sport for casablanca white gsi's keep up the good work
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jul 09 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scunnylad
wot would u change matey ? and it just were the bump strip removed i think its not bent or dented ?

Nothing much really, just the light brows and the interior
scunnylad

30th Jul 09 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i gone of the interior lol i did it ages ago, n im after angle eyes or smoked depos wen i get the money there a few bits need doin still thats y i wanted sum ideas for what to do
davieslim

30th Jul 09 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clear side repeaters, gsi grill and splitter, proper colour coded mirrors, ditch the light brows and fit smoked depos, also id get a small plate with no border or flag on it
scunnylad

30th Jul 09 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the splitter jst ant got round to fitting it, my grille should be here sumtime next week, my mates sorting out the repeaters, n ill look at depios wen i got the money
scunnylad

8th Oct 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not updated for a while, it finally passed mot with only 2 advisorys, sidelight out lol and spongy brake pedal, bad point is the speedo has decided not to work and the sump gasket is leaking once again for a change.

Looks wise ive had a total change of mind, ripped out the interior and fitted full cally leathers and black sport door cards, just got to find the heated seat switch surround and the interior is sorted. got the grille fitted but mounted my cold air feed on the right hand side of the grille, got the gsi spliter on and some mk 4 astra clear repeaters.

next step is to rip of them shite gsi rep skirts and hopefully get some steinmetz soon. then its off to the bodyshop for a full respray and dent removal sesion.

pics to come soon
scunnylad

1st Mar 12 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think 28 month is enough time for an update lol, alot has changed but not alot of photos sorry.

firstly i have an opel gsi grille, splitter and removed the badly fitted rep sideskirts.

mechanicaly its had a fully recon'd f18cr box fitted, as the f20 blew up
new tappets as mine started to sound like a bag of spanners.
a corsa c header tank custom mounted and the battery is now the right size and fitted correctly.

Ive fitted a full rear disc axle, new fuel tank (as mine sprung a leak)
poly bushed all round,
bottom arms, tie rods and arb,s powder coated
front and rear arb's
jamex front and rear 60mm shocks and springs.

body wise its now got;
white cesaro's with uniroyale rainsport 2's
new arches,
gsi rear bumper
morrettes (graphite grey with both lamps)
strip led indicators mounted under lights
clear indicators

interior is now black doorcards
cally leather front and rears
cav 2000 wheel.
all white and blue painted parts have been replaced with black now

mods which i have but not got round to doing yet is;
ive fully moulded and smoothed a digi dash
genuine steinmetz skirts
semi-smooth boot.

its booked in with the spray painters next month, im keeping it white but unsure of whether to have the arches skirts and bumper tops graphite grey, all the bumpers grey or all white.

future mods include a full powerflow stainless system ive just bought,
bad boy bonnet
v6 brakes
new interior not sure on what yet but need to keep 5 seats.
roof lining black and 'a' and 'b' pillars black.
electric windows and mirrors
rear airdam if i can find cheap enough

will post what pics ive got soon

[Edited on 01-03-2012 by scunnylad]
scunnylad

7th May 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these are a few pics of how it stood up untill friday, it has now gone for a full respray so pics after will be up shortly

also a few new goodies i bought to be fitted and sprayed

new wings bonnet and genuine stienmetz skirts
Jamie-C

7th May 12 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Genuine wings and bonnet? How much did they set you back?
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

7th May 12 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is gonna look awesome!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
scunnylad

7th May 12 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got them cheap as they had been sat there for 3 year and had a couple of light scratches was £40.69 for the pair.

im having a full white outer respray, bumper tops swaging and arches skirts and bumper tops painted white,
i Also have the center caps powdercoated and ready to fit

not sure on what to do to the interior as its letting it down a little, i have a digi dash all ready to fit, just waiting on a loom, i have a fully black dash to fit aswell, but i have cally leathers in the front and rear but the fronts have split and gone patchey and the rears are totally f*ucked, dont wanna fork out for a full retrim but rater like the heated seats lol

[Edited on 07-05-2012 by scunnylad]
scunnylad

8th May 12 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just recieved a call, bonnet wings and skirts painted all car has just been prepped ready for primer, not long now
kyleclub11

9th May 12 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate I know what you mean with the cut hand buisness, trucks are so easyier haha what's the plans for the car ??
Jed D

9th May 12 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks alrite that, wont take a lot to be a minter.

first time iv seen a sfi box in a corsa bay
scunnylad

9th May 12 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once its back from painting want wind deflecters and thats the exterior, not too sure on interior, as for engine will be removed all cleaned up & painted and get a few bits powder coated,

as for the sfi box i wanted to keep it as i like the look of them but was a shit to fit, had to cut the bulkhead and part of the pollen filter box
scunnylad

13th May 12 at 06:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got it back, looks better than i thought it would, got a couple of small things to do to it then will post pics very soon =]
scunnylad

10th Sep 12 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well a couple of more updates,

after getting it back 2 days later had a total electrical fail, managed to bodge it so it ran, went and picked up an interior loom from 1999corsab and set to fitting it

seats out wheel off

then dash out

then both interior looms out

refitted then car wouldnt start up, new ignition barrel then all was well for a while.

Then went to fit my skirts on but realised my rear arches was already f*cked from new road surfaces so they went back of to paintshop.

then got more warning lights and it started to run a lil dodgy so back up to 1999corsab for an engine loom which will hopefully be fitted tomorrow.

more pics to follow
Adster

11th Sep 12 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars starting to look great buddy cant wait to see it finished
scunnylad

11th Sep 12 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well didnt get around to doing all the little jobs what i needed to do but did manage to nip to scrap yard and got a new steering column as mine has about an inch of play lol so will be fitting that hopefully thursday.

also have to try and sort through this soon and see what i want and whats just sh*t

did manage to clean it and get my arches put back on so thought i would actually put a pic up now its back from the body shop, im getting more pleased with it but still has a long way to go in my eyes, still need the skirts fitting but critism and opinions welcome

will update thursday

ArdenblueDan

11th Sep 12 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good buddy are you going to get the skirts and rear spoiler?
scunnylad

11th Sep 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Already got the skirts sprayed grey just need to fit them and not sure on spoiler, had one on but it blew of but quite.like it without now

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » white gsi rep now xe'd ***AFTER RESPRAY PICS NOW ADDED*** 24 database queries in 0.0155158 seconds