corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Back from Leeds fest

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Back from Leeds fest
Marc

User status: Offline
31st Aug 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bands I managed to see

Fightstar - Last 20 minutes
Enter Shikari
Ian Brown
Maximo Park
Prodigy
Gossip

Brand New - Most of it
Yeah Yeah Yeah’s
Block Party
Radiohead - First 20 minutes
Lost Prophets

Little Boots - First 20 minutes
Funeral For A Friend - Last 20 minutes
Placebo
Kaiser Chiefs
Kings of Leon

Didn't see everything I wanted to, or see as much of some of the bands as I wanted to. Would have liked to have seen all of Funeral For A Friends set.

Ian Brown sang in tune for the most part, he only did Fools Gold which was a bit disapointing, would have liked to have heard more Stone Roses stuff, but I suppose thats in the past now. Good to hear it though.

Gossip were good, she has a really good voice, but fuck me shes fat!

Love Brand New but by the time we got back to arena they had already started, would have liked to have seen the whole set.

Yeah Yeah Yeah's are every bit as good as their albums, really enjoyed them.

Block Party were a bit boring but I couldn't knock their performance.

Saw a bit of Radiohead, bit too much going on but Airbag was good.

Lost Prophets were awesome, really good live. A lot better than I expected them to be.

Little Boots, fit and good voice but bored me to death after 2 songs, which meant I missed the beginning of Funeral For A Friend, who I think are brilliant. Not sur if they did History or not

Placebo are a really good live band, kind of forgot about them but they put on a really good show.

Kaiser Chiefs were awesome, couldn't fault their set one bit.

Kings of Leon were good, the singers mumblings between songs about he we (the English) were his inspiration in life were getting boring, as he probably told the French the same thing last week! Good set but it went on far too long for my liking, feet were crippling me in my evil wellies!

Pretty good weekend all in, apart from one of my mates complaining that every band we saw was "fucking shite" and "thats another shite band I can cross off my list"

[Edited on 31-08-2009 by Marc]
andy1868

31st Aug 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got back about 2 hours ago too, i had a good time but wasn't feeling it as much as last year.

bands i caught

friday:
a wilhelm scream
prodigy
arctic monkeys

saturday:
frank turner
yeah yeah yeahs
radiohead

sunday:
fallout boy
florence and the machine
end of placebo
kaiser chiefs
kings of leon

frank turner was on form, that was a quality set, as was florence and the machine. i didn't even mind standing in the pissing rain to see it either.

fallout boy was alright, the sound was shite though. they apologised for george bush for being a wanker and said they were going to play their national anthem so everybody started boo-ing, then they played don't stop believin' by journey. amazing
Marc

31st Aug 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard the Journey cover from the tent, its a right song!
liamgallagher1994

31st Aug 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You didnt watch Arctic Monkeys
andy1868

31st Aug 09 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arctic monkeys were pretty poor IMO TBH
liamgallagher1994

31st Aug 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
arctic monkeys were pretty poor IMO TBH

I saw reading on bb3 on saturday and thought they were shit hot.
Marc

31st Aug 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamgallagher1994
You didnt watch Arctic Monkeys

Can't stand them.
andy1868

31st Aug 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

meh, they could have been alright. i just wasn't feeling them tbh
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reading was a good laugh, my mate got kicked out on Friday night for letting off a sea-grade distress flare in our camp site which was a shitter.

Saw prodigy, bloc party, kings of leon (thought it was better then o2), la roux (shitty) uh and some other shit as I can't remember much from the weekend

edit + radiohead + kaiser chiefs + florence

[Edited on 31-08-2009 by willay]
andy1868

31st Aug 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting thrown out for the lose

also a quick question, is there any of the rioting in reading that there is in leeds?
Marc

31st Aug 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to mention Prodigy!
willay
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes had loads of action last night andy, got out early because la roux was shitwank and they werent selling any firewood, got ot the camp site and noticed that there was no fires going on, plenty of security (northern cunts) and police hanging around. Our favorite security guard 799 told us that they had banned fires on Sunday night due to the riots but soon as the main crowd got back to the campsite everything went batshit insane, before 2am there was massive fires with tents, chairs, gas cans etc being thrown on and big explosions. One group tried to pull down the telegraph poles holding up the lights but could only get it out of the ground so much so they danced round it like cavemen, then a sec guy on a quad came up to them to tell them off and they surrounded him, pushed him off and then one of them rode the quad into the fire and they left it there to explode. Quality

[Edited on 31-08-2009 by willay]
willay
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Forgot to mention Prodigy!

Prodigy was good but the sound was terrible, the left part of the main stage couldnt hear it properly and it just sounded proper wank.
Marc

31st Aug 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound was awesome for them, there were camp fires everywhere too
willay
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloc party laser show was sweet.
andy1868

31st Aug 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so thats a yes then apparently on saturday a group of people broke into the haunted house (that was part of the funfair) and robbed all the skeletons, every now and then you'd see one knocking about
willay
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds about right

On Saturday we found a guy who sold us a ticket for £100 to get my mate back in, he put in £50 and we all put in a few quid here and there to make it up but it turned out to be a fake - proper blow out! but at least we tried.

I've never seen so many pissed up teenagers in my life oh and Reading seems like a right shithole.
andy1868

31st Aug 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, leeds is full of wankers on the whole tbh. overall we got talking to some nice people but as you walk around you can spot people you instantly hate

shame about the ticket, some mates of a mate managed to sneak into the camping area on the thursday without wristbands, one of them went and blagged at one of the gates saying he got wasted the night before and woke up without a wristband. it worked and he got to stay for the whole weekend, the other mate tried a different gate and got thrown out
willay
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All i want to do now is drink water, eat houmous and watch good tv with all the sun blocked out of my room. OUTDOORS FTL.
andy1868

31st Aug 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

water i'm not sure i'll miss starting the day with a can of strongbow because you have no water any time soon. my mum is making me a roast which i can smell as i type this ohhhhhhhhh yes

while we're talking about food, did you go to any of the food places called vegan and vegetarian? fucking amazing and really nice staff too for some reason
andy1868

31st Aug 09 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buttscratcher?
willay
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buttscratcher is abit 2008 isnt it

I tried the noodle place, chicken noodles which was basically noodles and two chicken dippers - I was too smashed out of my skull to really say no to food though.
andy1868

31st Aug 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah maybe, didn't stop me enjoying it though the other one my mate kept doing was "oh my god, is that desirée?" not many people got it though tbh
Marc

31st Aug 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The amount of tossers/gormless gits at Leeds is unbelievable, don't get me wrong theres genuine fans there wanting to have a good time and see their faveourite bands like you and me. Its the idiots that constantly walk across you, just stop dead in front of you for no apparant reason.

And what was with the chavs stopping everyone asking them if their name was Chris?
Ojc

31st Aug 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You came to Reading on the worst weekend of them all, what did you expect

Saw the usual suspects down near Tesco on Saturday trying to rob Emo kids, which was funny.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Back from Leeds fest 22 database queries in 0.2811391 seconds