corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shares

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shares
StueyBoy1989

User status: Offline
   4th Sep 09 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently been looking at shares etc an i'v bought some in Royal Bank of Scotland and Taylor Wimpy, seem quite a good buy to be honest, the Taylor Wimpy ones will be back at there best within 6-12 months and Bank of Scotland will be back as well.

Just wondering any one else got any tips as who else is good to invest in? like an up an coming etc?

Cheers!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Online
4th Sep 09 at 07:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a small up and coming software company. definatly one to keep an eye on

called something like microsoft or something like that

[Edited on 04-09-2009 by IvIarkgraham]
James

4th Sep 09 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most banks appear to be on the up now.

Our shares have rallied from $3 to almost $18 since January.
corsa - gus

4th Sep 09 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taylor Wimpey and RBS are great shouts. I bought TW at 7.9p and sold at 45p, wish I had kept hold of them now! Still made quite a tidy profit from them though. RBS would have been a steal if you had bought them at 10p, i paid 45p for mine though and then didn't buy more when they dropped to 10p because I was scared
StueyBoy1989

4th Sep 09 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah see iv bought mine at both around 38p, brother how ever bought them at 10p an he has more than doubled his money! wish i did it sooner, oih well years time should of at least doubled my money if not more. then that money i make can fund a new turbo, remap an service at the same time.
Cosmo

4th Sep 09 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Banks shares are an obvious one that will (more than likely) only rise from now on, but they are expensive for what they are at the moment due to this, but still have huge growth potential...they arent short term gains though, more 12-18months min.

Id also be a little wary of investing in any sort of building firm unless you have really researched into them. Some took on massive debts to cover their backs when the market crashed, and arent in great shape at all so could still fall a lot. Others also sold off land their were holding for future development on the cheap to free up some cash so dont have projects they can jump into so quick to show a good upturn in the share price. Plus banks still arent commercially lending to a lot of building firms for obvious reasons. As said though, some have come through this OK so what Ive said doesnt apply to all.
DaveyLC

4th Sep 09 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by StueyBoy1989
Taylor Wimpy

My old man works for Wimpey, he thinks they are pretty fucked.
corsa - gus

4th Sep 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Taylor Wimpy

They own fuck loads of land though and have been passed for refinancing iirc, which has boosted the share price.
DaveyLC

4th Sep 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But they also have fuck loads of houses that they cant sell that are incurring charges.. This is why there are loads of moth-balled sites, once they have final fit with services they can be charged rates so they leave them as empty shell's with no services but there is still cost for security etc..

Apparenty there have been some deals struck with middle eatern investors but they really have got T.W. by the balls.
corsa - gus

4th Sep 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, I don't know a lot about it, but I made a decent wedge on them.
StueyBoy1989

4th Sep 09 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

T.W own to much an probably owe to much money at the moment so they wont be allowed to go bust in my opinion, when we get out of the current climate i think it will be shares well bought. I'm sure most construction companies are looking at ways of cutting costs, but they have these house's waiting for the market to change an they will make a hell of a load of money. Its just making sure they can actually wait it out.
Cosmo

4th Sep 09 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
T.W own to much an probably owe to much money at the moment so they wont be allowed to go bust in my opinion, when we get out of the current climate i think it will be shares well bought. I'm sure most construction companies are looking at ways of cutting costs, but they have these house's waiting for the market to change an they will make a hell of a load of money. Its just making sure they can actually wait it out.

But they bought the land when prices were at a premium, and Id hazard to guess the construction costs were at good deal more than they would be currently...so when the market does change and people start buying they'll be selling them at a drastically reduced rate, if not a loss just to clear them.

And they would be allowed to go bust, in fact I bet the Govt. would happily let them as they'll then step in and buy all the houses from the administrators for dirt cheap.
Paul_J

4th Sep 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, hindsights a great thing...

You could've bought the shares at RBS at 10pence and it been nationalised - then you'd of ended up with nothing.
Mad Moe

4th Sep 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

But they bought the land when prices were at a premium, and Id hazard to guess the construction costs were at good deal more than they would be currently...so when the market does change and people start buying they'll be selling them at a drastically reduced rate, if not a loss just to clear them.

And they would be allowed to go bust, in fact I bet the Govt. would happily let them as they'll then step in and buy all the houses from the administrators for dirt cheap.

Cosmo couldn't have put it any better. I've my own small residential development company and this is the situation pretty much what ever the size of company or level of the market you're in. If it hadn't been for the fact that my last development was built on land passed down to me our company wouldn't exist anymore due to unsold stock and interest charges. Now times that by a factor of 100 and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that TW are an extremely risky investment, as are any companies within the built environment.
Cosmo

4th Sep 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the new housing market will be one of the longest to recover when all this settles so its certainly not a short-term investment.
Baskey

4th Sep 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bank who i work for had shares at 35p in june. There at £1.02 today and rising each day
Cosmo

4th Sep 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, as said banks arent a bad thing to buy in to at the moment as the worst is (probably) over for them, and if anything was going to go tits up with the big ones then it would of by now...unless something unexpected happens again.
Toby
Premium Member

4th Sep 09 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Taylor Wimpy

I would agree i bought a property from them (which was a prt ex) they paid £140k for it and i paid £121k, they seemed desperate
StueyBoy1989

4th Sep 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but thats the whole point its a risk that i'm willing to take. And if i make money on it then its good bit of business for myself. And iv never said short term investment, obv the longer i leave them there the more money i could POSSIBLY make or lose.
Cosmo

4th Sep 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but thats the whole point its a risk that i'm willing to take. And if i make money on it then its good bit of business for myself. And iv never said short term investment, obv the longer i leave them there the more money i could POSSIBLY make or lose.

The whole idea of shares though is to research what you're investing into.

I just dont see massive gains being made by, I mean for the risk it is the share price has only risen by approx 5p in the last 3 months.
Paul_J

4th Sep 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the boat has been missed to make some really good gains now on banks... you can still make more, but you could've made a small fortune if you had the balls to buy when it was looking grim.
corsa - gus

4th Sep 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And the new housing market will be one of the longest to recover when all this settles so its certainly not a short-term investment.

the short term investment has been missed for TW when the shares in TW were down at 5p they went up to 40 odd pence within 4-5months!
Hammer

4th Sep 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lieutenant Dan got me invested in some kind of fruit company. So then I got a call from him, saying we don't have to worry about money no more. And I said, that's good! One less thing.
Cosmo

4th Sep 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I think the boat has been missed to make some really good gains now on banks... you can still make more, but you could've made a small fortune if you had the balls to buy when it was looking grim.

Rubbish, of course a huge gain has been made since they were at their lowest, but they still have massive (more than they have done from their lowest to now) growth potential in the next 12-18months.
Cosmo

4th Sep 09 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus
quote:

the short term investment has been missed for TW when the shares in TW were down at 5p they went up to 40 odd pence within 4-5months!

aye, just before xmas they were down below 5p, and went up just above 50p by end of April.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shares 22 database queries in 0.3287680 seconds