corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone had Day surgery?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone had Day surgery?
Kathryn W

User status: Offline
16th Sep 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going in tomorrow to have a minor operation under general anesthetic...

Never been to hospital before in my life so don't know what to expect... They say i should be home by the afternoon ..

What should I include in my bag?
sc0ott

16th Sep 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are you having done?
MarkSport

16th Sep 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going in before october 10th to have day surgery.in my appointment letter they told me to bring just the usuals..dressing gown and slippers etc etc...you should be fine

[Edited on 16-09-2009 by MarkSport]
Sam
Premium Member

16th Sep 09 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a couple of 'day surgery' operations when I was younger, just bring what MarkSport says.

Make sure they don't gas you though, you might become a pukeasarus when you come to!
Kathryn W

16th Sep 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They said I may need stiches so should I take PJ's etc to??

This only got organised this morning so it's a rushy job
sc0ott

16th Sep 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember having teeth taken out when i was young and i was given the jag, and the gas another time. after waking up i was give this cardboard hat which is what you puke in but i never both times. you also feel like youve no energy to walk as well lol.
Sam
Premium Member

16th Sep 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
i remember having teeth taken out when i was young and i was given the jag, and the gas another time. after waking up i was give this cardboard hat which is what you puke in but i never both times. you also feel like youve no energy to walk as well lol.

You got a car in exchange for some teeth?
Kathryn W

16th Sep 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I know is that i won't need the oxygen tube thing, and ill have a drip...

And if I need to have stiches I'll have to stay in over night

Gawd, silly last minute organisation!
alan-g-w

16th Sep 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went in for a hernia, they took a blood sample, various people had a look at my balls and it was all very laid back. Just make sure you bring a couple of magazines, comfy clothes and an i-pod or something and you'll be fiiiinnneeee.
Ben G

16th Sep 09 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:

its gay homosexual talk for needle. my girlfriend mum says it all the time. really fecking annoying.
Ben G

16th Sep 09 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 17-09-2009 by Ian]
J da Silva

16th Sep 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been in day surgery for intrusive knee surgery with a camera to see how bad an injury was, quite recently, but that was just a local anaesthetic though so I was home within 2 hours, then had a proper knee operation a month later, in for around 5 hours.

It's a laid back affair really, everythings comfortable and not much waiting around tbh, you have a few tests if they've not been done previous and away you go.
AndyKent

16th Sep 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not had day surgery, but took me best part of 2 days to recover after 4 hours of being on the table under general anaesthetic. Went home the day after my operation, but just felt fucked
alan-g-w

16th Sep 09 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Not had day surgery, but took me best part of 2 days to recover after 4 hours of being on the table under general anaesthetic. Went home the day after my operation, but just felt fucked

Some people are affected by the anaesthetic differently from others. My Grampa used to wake up too soon from a general anaesthetic, they said it could have happened to me, I was shitting myself.
AndyKent

16th Sep 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea if my reaction was normal. All I know is that they thought my neck operation would take between 45-60 minutes. Mum and Dad were shitting themselves when I didn't return for 4 hours
Dom

16th Sep 09 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Alan, was in for day surgery a few months back to get a hernia sorted, was pretty laid back considering i had a load of docs looking at my schlong. But take a pair of slippers or flip-flops (otherwise you have to wear paper slippers supplied by them), dressing gown and a mag or iPod etc.

You probably have to be there at a certain time (am/pm), have a pre-op check up where the surgeon will ask you a few questions, mark out with a marker the incision area, then you go back to waiting room and wait until the surgeon calls you up (usually there isn't an order, so you could be waiting 30mins could wait a few hours).
You'll then be asked to get changed into the gown (yes, you're stark bollock naked, can get a little cold) and to put on your slippers and dressing gown etc, they usually have bags that you can place all of your personal belongings into. Then you walk to your bed, lay down (they usually give you a 'warming' blanket to cover you up), then they'll wheel you into theatre.

Then the aesthesis will minister the anaesthetic injection (they place a catheter in top of your hand), or if they struggle to find a vain then they'll gas you (which is what i had last time i was in) which isn't too bad - tastes/smells a bit minty, and after a few deep breaths you're out.

Then you wake up, you'll be in the recovery room, usually feeling like absolute shit (and you'll most likely have the worst sore throat going, although i managed to not get one last time), nurses will ask you how you are and the scale of pain you're in etc. At which point they'll give you painkillers, morphine, paracetamol etc (was in serious pain after my hernia op and they ended up given me half the drugs cabinet, so i was high as a kite for a good few hours) and once fully awake they'll wheel you to a ward where you'll probably get given tea/coffee and toast etc. They will also call whoever is suppose to be picking you up (as you usually can't drive after an op), check over your stitches bandages etc, tell you get dressed and then you go home.

Day surgery usually closes about 5:30/6pm, so you'll probably be in and out within 6hrs or so. And there's not a lot to worry about - the aesthesis (had a trainee at first, before the acting aesthesis had a go) not finding a decent vain was probably the worse part, as i hate needles and they spent a good 10/15minutes stabbing about before going with the gas.
J da Silva

16th Sep 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ Catheter in the hand...

Canular?
Dom

16th Sep 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
@ Catheter in the hand...

Canular?

Cannula, that be the one Although technically a catheter can be used to injects fluids, it's not just for sticking up your japs eye to drain your piss
J da Silva

16th Sep 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was Faye who spotted it. She would be pedantic, working for the NHS (National Hell Service)

[Edited on 16-09-2009 by J da Silva]
XSIHardy

16th Sep 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went in during the morning ... woke up to a nurse told me to rest till i needed a piss... went for a piss.. then went home

nothing to worry about at all :thumnbs:
Sunz

16th Sep 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went about 8am and left 3:30pm

[Edited on 16-09-2009 by Sunz]
sc0ott

17th Sep 09 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:

its gay homosexual talk for needle. my girlfriend mum says it all the time. really fecking annoying.

get over it
Kathryn W

17th Sep 09 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I need to be there for 11... hoping the op's around 1..

Took some pj's and extra clothes just incase I need to say in
Ben G

17th Sep 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:

get over it

i have mate, don't worry.

ian removed the pic i posted someone must have had a whinge.
sc0ott

17th Sep 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldnt see the pic anyway.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone had Day surgery? 22 database queries in 0.0148139 seconds