corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » At what stage do you phone in sick or how often.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author At what stage do you phone in sick or how often.
baza31

User status: Offline
19th Oct 09 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i never really do this, last time i was off sick was march 2003 when i had a car accident, even though i get paid if i am sick i still never do it. Whereas my friend who i live with will phone up once every few months and have a day off . I think i would feel guilty for some reason even if i was actually ill and even when i am i still go in . Although today i am feeling really fucked ,had a heavy weekend one beer , had a fight and my hands are killing and was spuing up blood yesterday morning, today my chest on right is sore and i feel like shite but still come in I need to get to doctors asap. Some people at work take the piss and are off with a runny nose every week , is this just me been wierd andd should i milk it like everyone else here
andy1868

19th Oct 09 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tend to be on death's door if i take time off for being ill. since i've started working i've only ever been off for food poisoning, i was off for 5 days, but i was genuinley ill for 5 days and i was working in the food packaging industry. so could hardly go in with food poisoning.

the other time was afew days after i started this job, i was throwing up all night the night before, by the time it was time for work i felt fine but hadn't had any sleep so my boss just said to stay off
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 07:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in a small company so a day off normally fucks up someones day or nights sleep. I tend to come into work ill, be it shitting, puking, or infectious, tell my boss I'm ill then leave around 10am.
andy1868

19th Oct 09 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spread the wealth will
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ya, I should justbe a heartless cunt and wake someone up to take my shift next time.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 08:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably every 2nd monday tbh
andy1868

19th Oct 09 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i'm ill. everyone else can be too
pow
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never.

I'd rather ask my boss for the day off and be guilt free

[Edited on 19-10-2009 by pow]
Cosmo

19th Oct 09 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
I think i would feel guilty for some reason even if i was actually ill and even when i am i still go in .

FPMSL

You've no problem taking a couple of grand out of a family members house but you'd feel guilty pulling a sicky

FruitBooTeR

19th Oct 09 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was actualy thinking about phoning in today as I got up late
AlunJ

19th Oct 09 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never really pull one unless I'm an absolute mess, last time I was ill it was my week off dammit
mwg

19th Oct 09 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm off work ill maybe twice a year and its only ever when i am genuinely ill. Was off last thursday feeling like death. A lass that used to work here would be off work 'ill' at least 3 times a month. The bosses had words and she left...
Ian W

19th Oct 09 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel like crap today but I don't think i'm ill enough to stay home. Normally off once or twice a year ill.
Colin

19th Oct 09 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just if im ill

None this year, think I was ill 2 days the year before & year before that just a day when I smashed my motor on the way in but didnt even make it a mile of the 30odd I travelled!!

Now its pretty hard to 'pull a sicky' because I live on site at my work when im there, practically roll out of bed & go down 2 sets of stairs & thats me there Also theres an on board medic, ex army guy that takes no shit so would call your bluff unless you have a limb hanging off!!

[Edited on 19-10-2009 by Colin]
pow
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have "Matron" here
RichR
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never had a day off sick, not even from school
JadeM
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never pulled a sickie, had one day off from my old job when I was genuinely ill.

JadeM
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I've never had a day off sick, not even from school

Hmmm school was a VERY different story for me, I was hardly there for the last year
Matt L

19th Oct 09 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since working never had a day off ill.

school/college = used to have loads of time off 'ill' was mainly to go away on fridays for weekends
Mad Moe

19th Oct 09 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm actually having my first day off in almost seven years although I was up with sickness and diarrhoea all last night, Doctors think it may be food poisoning, I think I may be dying!
mooney

19th Oct 09 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this year ive had off 5 weeks, 2 weeks for a car crash, and 3 weeks after my hernia op.
i get 6 months fully paid sick pay a year and try not to use it
_Allan_

19th Oct 09 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
You've no problem taking a couple of grand out of a family members house but you'd feel guilty pulling a sicky

Cosmo

19th Oct 09 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank god someone saw that, thought Id posted it in the wrong thread or something.
andy1868

19th Oct 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw it, i just don't like you so i chose to ignore it. like i do with most of your posts

[Edited on 19-10-2009 by andy1868]
Cosmo

19th Oct 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feeling is mutual woolieback.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » At what stage do you phone in sick or how often. 22 database queries in 0.0127380 seconds