corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » World of warcraft?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author World of warcraft?
ste_p23

User status: Offline
4th Nov 09 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone play it?

My mates just showed me his account looks mental anyone into in on here?
Whittie

4th Nov 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played Guild Wars for a year or so when I was about 16... was fucking ace. WoW is an extreme version of it. Proper addictive. Never played it personally though.
GF-91
Banned

4th Nov 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's good if you have bags of time.
ste_p23

4th Nov 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GaryF

Im a student so meh i dont but fuck it i mite join
GF-91
Banned

4th Nov 09 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ste_p23
quote:

Im a student so meh i dont but fuck it i mite join

Enjoy installing it; along with the patches .
James_DT

5th Nov 09 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, you'll need to install it and spend about a day updating it the first time. And to get access to the whole game, you'll have to buy the original game and both addons, and then pay £9/month to play. And you'll lose a LOT of time to it to get anywhere with it.
If you've got the money and a lot of spare time, go for it. At least you can play it with your mate.
danny_vx

5th Nov 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to play it for a year or so, quit playing it in July.. I wouldn't start playing it if I were you......
ste_p23

5th Nov 09 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny_vx
I wouldn't start playing it if I were you......

How come?
GF-91
Banned

5th Nov 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's no good joining now. If you had joined a year maybe two ago; you;d understand what was happening lol.
There's too much to learn on that game for beginners tbh.
danny_vx

5th Nov 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because it's very addictive... I got properly hooked and used to wake up in the morning and jump straight on WoW to see if all my gems had sold which i'd been up all night farming. then the whole day i'd be doing a ridicilous amount of daily quests just to get rep.. and then in the evening id be raiding for 5 hours, rinse repeat.. wouldnt bother if i were u.. lol its so addictive.
and its never ending, as when you achieve everythin there is in the game ( i had the full naxx 25 gear )
they bring out new equipment, which renders yours obselete, so you have to do the whole raiding again.
and raiding is a complete arse too, relying on 24 other people to kill a boss, and something stupid happens like the healer assigned to the MT gets dc'd, so u spend hours n hours trying to kill bosses, agh what a waste of my life that was lol
LukeS

5th Nov 09 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WaW is gay as fuck.
dannymccann

5th Nov 09 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its terribly addictive, I went through a spell of playing for 8 months in my second year of uni, combination of that and CoD4 meant I nearly lost my second year
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Nov 09 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's no good joining now. If you had joined a year maybe two ago; you;d understand what was happening lol.

Nah bullcrap - You can get up to speed levelwise in a couple of casual weeks if you put your mind to it nowadays, Blizzard are doing what they can to speed up the low levelling process and get you up to the higher levels where group play comes into it and teaches you the mechanics of the game.

I've been playing for like 4 years now Run a guild with work mates and we're ranked ~80th in the world of raiding progress - all for 12 hours raiding per week... not that bad

My girlfriend started playing for the first time in January of this year, and she's been raiding with our core since early summer - so you can easily get up to speed fast, and get stuck into the 'meat' of the game if you've got someone to show you the way, or are willing to do your research online.

Next expansion will be out next year anyway, which is essentially a gear/progress reset for everyone - so an ideal time to get into it!

It's addictive as fuck though, and will probably ruin your education. Luckily I had a job when I started playing, if I'd have been at Uni or College - I'd still be living at home with no job right now

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
dannymccann

5th Nov 09 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every time I read a comment from Kyle it makes me really want to get playing it again, missus would kill me though

You work for Blizzard Kyle?
danny_vx

5th Nov 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukeS
WaW is gay as fuck.
FruitBooTeR

5th Nov 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I played it for a bit last year and the year before. Had about 4 accounts but each time I get bored when I get to about lv20. The quests all seem the same (take this item to this person here, he gives you another item which you must take here....blhblhblh) Kill 10 of...kill 50 of....

Good game if you like repeating tasks and walking about for ages!
jamied

5th Nov 09 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds really exciting
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Nov 09 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Every time I read a comment from Kyle it makes me really want to get playing it again, missus would kill me though

You work for Blizzard Kyle?

Hell no But it IS a good game, if it wasn't - 12million people wouldn't be paying for it still 4 years after release...

re: FruitBooTeR

Levelling is crap, and is 10% of the games potential! I've really had to force myself to level my characters, but endgame makes it all so worth it - and you don't even need to 'work hard' like you used to, gone are the days of 15hour rep grinds , it's all about daily quests now - and quick gaming sessions here and there to prepare for raids.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jules

6th Nov 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:

Nah bullcrap - You can get up to speed levelwise in a couple of casual weeks if you put your mind to it nowadays, Blizzard are doing what they can to speed up the low levelling process and get you up to the higher levels where group play comes into it and teaches you the mechanics of the game.

I've been playing for like 4 years now Run a guild with work mates and we're ranked ~80th in the world of raiding progress - all for 12 hours raiding per week... not that bad

My girlfriend started playing for the first time in January of this year, and she's been raiding with our core since early summer - so you can easily get up to speed fast, and get stuck into the 'meat' of the game if you've got someone to show you the way, or are willing to do your research online.

Next expansion will be out next year anyway, which is essentially a gear/progress reset for everyone - so an ideal time to get into it!

It's addictive as fuck though, and will probably ruin your education. Luckily I had a job when I started playing, if I'd have been at Uni or College - I'd still be living at home with no job right now

I'm calling shenanigans on that one! Guild name and realm plix kk ty
Jules

6th Nov 09 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny_vx
quote:
Originally posted by LukeS
WaW is gay as fuck.

Good job we're talking about WoW then and not WaW (World At War)......
danny_vx

6th Nov 09 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha!
Ojc

6th Nov 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would love to play this, but I would loose my life so I have stayed away.
Jamescorsa97

6th Nov 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I played WoW for a while, was in a guild called Euphoria On outland EU. We were server 3rd on Horde side and had some really neat progress for a new guild only months old. This have turned a little bit sour now and good players are hard to come by for Hard modes so we merged with Reverse Gaming and became solidarity at which point I have just quit as I did not like the way the guild was going. I played a Undead Mage and I used to spend every single minute spare of my life on that game. it takes over ya bloody life! We used to raid 4 times a week, every other minute i had i spent farming herbs for my inscription when darkmoon faire was massive. My account still has 54k gold on it lol, i am currently sitting in the guild as friends rank as I just stopped raiding, all in all A brilliant game but very time consuming to keep up with everything. Once you get into it it WILL take over your life!
Jules

6th Nov 09 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'l give you a £10 for the 54k gold!
Jamescorsa97

6th Nov 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
I'l give you a £10 for the 54k gold!

Ha not a chance! my IRL mate has already offered me more!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll