corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Has anyone ever made a succesful claim for whiplash?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has anyone ever made a succesful claim for whiplash?
SetH

User status: Online
17th Nov 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im currently going for a claim for whiplash after someone crashed into the back of me.

Thought I was fine after the accident but 24 hours later my neck and back were fooked, 10 days on still not right.

Have seen GP who recorded and have a claim going with a solicitors.

Just wondered if anyone has been with through this process and what was the outcome? Also any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
Butler

User status: Offline
17th Nov 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im seeing a girl who has. She has been offered around 2k compensation. She went off in an ambulance from the scene of the accident though but I know she was probably over exaggerating.
Gaz

17th Nov 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing with whiplash is that it cannot be proven or dis-proven, hence why its a popular claim.

I'd just claim as much as you can for the injurys your have received.
Butler

17th Nov 09 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be a pikey and mega exaggerate it though. This girl told the GP she was scared to get back into a car (complete rubbish)
Baskey

17th Nov 09 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About 5 years ago my best mate crashed his nova gsi into the back of my corsa gsi.

Went to the gp as you did as my back was fucked, couple of weeks later insurance sent me to a private clinic.

A month or two later i got a grand
Shell
Premium Member

17th Nov 09 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When my friend and I were in a car accident, she got £2,500 for whiplash (she only had a sore neck for a day). Exagerate it I suppose.

Oh and don't count on having the money a month or two down the line. It doesn't work like that. Jade's claim took around about 8-9 months and mine took about 18 months. Mine however was for a dislocated and fractured collar bone that left me with "cosmetic disfigurement" i.e. a wee lump because the collar bone didn't go back into place properly. That got £7,500 though. So naturally took longer.

[Edited on 17-11-2009 by Shelley]
SetH

17th Nov 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah think I will. Thing is though it has messed by neck/back up. I spent several sessions at a chiro last year having my back put right and now this goes and happens.
Marc

17th Nov 09 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate did. £1500.
Shell
Premium Member

17th Nov 09 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then you could be looking at more than your average whiplash claim. I'd get that seen to asap because it could lead to all sorts of issues years down the line.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Nov 09 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sister got £1500 for a prang. Not bad for a mornings work.

Makes our insurance dearer though

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Shell
Premium Member

17th Nov 09 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a bit funny about insurance claims for the reason they put premiums up. But I think if you really were injured and inconvenienced, then you should. For example, I was in a sling for 6 weeks and had months of physio etc. And I'm still left with a weakened arm and ugly lump.
Neo

17th Nov 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whiplash claims wind me up tbh. Girl i know faked on and got a load in compensation.

Same girl tried again but i shopped her in as it was so frustrating watching a 86 year old bloke go through stress because a boy racer caused a crash everyone in the car claiming for whiplash.

However I can't claim anything for a fractured spine meaning lower standard of life = Piss take !

Sorry that turned into a rant rather than any help, if its a legit claim fingers crossed you get what you deserve

[Edited on 17-11-2009 by Neo]
SetH

17th Nov 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You didnt get anything for a fractured spine? that sucks? where did the process fall over on that?

As for my claim yes its legit. Fair enough its not crippling me and destroying my standard of living but its causing discomfort and totally screwed my training up. The people that hit me were in the wrong.. so pay up imo.
Half Pint

17th Nov 09 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep twice... but my neck i proper fucked and i have been told that i will have problems later in life... so i made sure i sued both the stupid bints

forst time I got £6500 and the second time £3200

to be fair i was a bit cute as i got all the invoices for medical treatment but failed to highlight that my company was paying my private medical which is why i got so much on both occassions.
Neo

17th Nov 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
You didnt get anything for a fractured spine....

Different circumstances unfortunately, was playing rugby in school, parents had signed a consent letter etc. No one at blame therefore nothing that could be done. Looked into it a lot as it stopped me following the career I wanted, stopped me playing sport etc

So when i read about people recieving £££££'s for "whiplash" etc it really winds me up.
SetH

17th Nov 09 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair point mate, can totally understand where you are coming from
--DAN--

17th Nov 09 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got hit side on by a motorbike, really jarred my neck and needed loads of physio. I'm generally against claiming but I had a 40mile round trip 3 times a week for physio and I didn't get a proper nights sleep for months so i thought I'd claim. Ended up getting 3k with my expenses chucked in. I'd say go for it if its genuine.
Gareth F

17th Nov 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone went into the back of me, spent 12 months on the claim and came out with £2200. Found that in cold weather for 2 years after i still had problems but it seem ok now.
SetH

17th Nov 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IVe not been able to sleep last 10 nights, not because im having nightmares or anything silly just cant get comfortable or seem to relax. Ive spoken to them today and I have to go for a medical soon.
Gareth F

17th Nov 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah sounds about right, i was taking 500mg ibuprofen and something else that made me feel sick and dribble
Gareth F

17th Nov 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Codydramol or something along those lines.
C2RL R

17th Nov 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was in the back of my mates beemer a few years back going to a city match. we were turning right at a junction but were waiting for a gap in traffic. some knob head mustn't have seen us indicating and assumed we were going straight on and ploughed into the back of us. i was pretty badly injured because i was leaning forward in my seat so i smashed my face on the passenger headrest and got a fracture to my nose nose. also had a bit of the old whiplash too. put my claim in and it dragged out for ages as the guy who crashed into us said he wasn't going that quick. ended up having to go to court and be questioned by a barrister who was basically calling me a liar. held my own though and won my case. got a little over 2.5k.

you'll probably be fine and not have to go to court. if you do just make sure you don't lose your cool because the barrister will be right in your face accusing you of being a scumbag bullshitter.

you may have to be examined by impartial doctors too as i did but thats just routine stuff. good luck though pal!
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Nov 09 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got crashed into from behind at about 10-15 mph. Damaged a muscle in my neck and had a sore back for a couple of days. I got just over a grand

Couldnt believe how easy it was to claim though. Went down to minor injuries and got checked out, insurance put me in touch with a solicity who sent me contract to sign and post back. less than 3 weeks later I had a cheque! If you've genuinely be injured go for it
Fro

17th Nov 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some guy is still trying to claim off me from 2 years ago saying he ahs whiplash when i know he hasn't. My solicitors have even said they can't disprove it, and are having trouble with who the blame lies with because even though he cut me up i hit the back of him

[Edited on 17-11-2009 by fro-dizzle]
Twiggy

17th Nov 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to wash the mrs in the shower as she could not bend after a crash

I did not get a penny, she got £2400

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Has anyone ever made a succesful claim for whiplash? 23 database queries in 0.0569839 seconds