corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Drive 5 Miles less rubbish

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drive 5 Miles less rubbish
Neo

User status: Offline
30th Nov 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[rant]Just saw the advert once again, and every time I see it, I wonder how much money has been wasted on one of the most pointless and un-noticible ad campaigns !

I truly couldn't cut out 5 miles a week, i drive to work and back, and to the shops at the weekend to get food. Maybe if the government thought about getting more of the uninsured and untaxed cars off the road, the amount of combined miles would be cut possibly by the figures they are aiming for.

[/rant]
DaveyLC

30th Nov 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe if the roads wernt so fucking shite people would drive five miles less just on the basis that they didnt have to go around the houses to avoid road works, badly phased cameras, poorly laid out round-a-bouts etc. etc.
Neo

30th Nov 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But its still put on us Davey, we are expected to sit through road works and traffic jams rather than detour and cut half hour off a journey.

Government really doesnt have a clue with this one imo
radicalry00

30th Nov 09 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
[rant]Just saw the advert once again, and every time I see it, I wonder how much money has been wasted on one of the most pointless and un-noticible ad campaigns !

I truly couldn't cut out 5 miles a week, i drive to work and back, and to the shops at the weekend to get food. Maybe if the government thought about getting more of the uninsured and untaxed cars off the road, the amount of combined miles would be cut possibly by the figures they are aiming for.

[/rant]

TBH I think that government is doing a pretty decent job at removing uninsured/untaxed vehicles from the road. VNPR systems get thousands of hits a day with uninsured / untaxed cars and most of them are dealt with. What else do you think they should be doing?
Matt L

30th Nov 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lolled at this too tbh, going to tell the boss the the government want me to drive 5miles less a week so i cant come into work on fridays
pow
Premium Member

30th Nov 09 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt, now theres a good idea

"Sorry james, I can make it to beaconsfield but amersham would mean that extra 5 miles"
Neo

30th Nov 09 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by radicalry00
TBH I think that government is doing a pretty decent job at removing uninsured/untaxed vehicles from the road. VNPR systems get thousands of hits a day with uninsured / untaxed cars and most of them are dealt with. What else do you think they should be doing?

I used to develop ANPR software which is found in every force (bar 2) in the country. Yes it works, however there are so many flaws in the system which if you know how to get around then your fine.

What should they be doing ? In my opinion, more fixed ANPR sites on all major roads and any minor roads that you may need to cross to leave a town (As where I live, there is a camera on one road but all those without insurance go the other way). And then a very heavy clamp down to remove all uninsured vehicles with a heaftier fine which would have to be paid (as well as insurance) before a vehicle is released. No excuses tbh
pow
Premium Member

30th Nov 09 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ignore it. I won't stop driving till I physically cannot afford it.
Neo

30th Nov 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah men brother
AK

30th Nov 09 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a load of shite... the goverment dont want you to stop using cars..

The get tax on everythig to do with driving... they love it! They just want to be seen as doing their bit for the environment.

pow
Premium Member

30th Nov 09 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair don't most people do that anyway? Incoroprate journeys to the same place into one? I do just to save time if anything...
mwg

30th Nov 09 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats this? I haven't seen this advert
Neo

30th Nov 09 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Whats this? I haven't seen this advert

Its an advert that i seem to see every day. Basically it says that by driving 5 miles less per week, we can greatly reduce co2 emissions, kinda pointing the blame directly at the public.
DaveyLC

30th Nov 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They cant put the blame on big business/industry because where else would they political parties get all their back handers from?
mwg

30th Nov 09 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right so they want me to park up half a mile away from work everyday
Ojc

30th Nov 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
its a load of shite... the goverment dont want you to stop using cars..

The get tax on everythig to do with driving... they love it! They just want to be seen as doing their bit for the environment.

Me and Cosmo raised this exact point a week or so again, absolute nonsense.
Joe

30th Nov 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe if they let global warming happen so this country warms up a bit then I won't mind walking to the shop instead of driving because of the shitty cold and rain. Wankers!
mwg

30th Nov 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just imagine we could all go and holiday at Blackpool sunbathing on the beach

[Edited on 30-11-2009 by mwg]
Joe

30th Nov 09 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, more people would stay in England for holidays, economy would be booming. Global warming is where its at!
pow
Premium Member

30th Nov 09 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think of the poor children though!
strick206

30th Nov 09 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by radicalry00

A pretty good job is something i don't agree with

They get fined about 200quid for driving with no insurance, i could do that over 4 times before it actually would be cheaper to drive with insurance

The fine imo should be 2000 and the cars removed until paid, summons to court if they dont pay

Also, all this crushing of cars bollocks, surely they could re'register them and sell them at the auctions or something? would make more money surely
_Allan_

30th Nov 09 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just drove an extra five miles out of my way to get petrol. Fuck em

[Edited on 30-11-2009 by _Allan_]
fazza

30th Nov 09 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
I just drove an extra five miles out of my way to get petrol. Fuck em

[Edited on 30-11-2009 by _Allan_]

pow
Premium Member

30th Nov 09 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just made a special journey to get some petrol from a certain Shell because I like the assistant that works there
mattk

30th Nov 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did 280 hard pointless miles yesterday cause I had a free day, so Ive undone 56 peoples who are arsed hard work, makes me feel big

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Drive 5 Miles less rubbish 22 database queries in 0.1949859 seconds