corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » legal limit on beer?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author legal limit on beer?
MarkSport

User status: Offline
10th Dec 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All

Just wondering what the legal limit is in beer you can drink untill you are over the limit to drive? how many pints or units?
FAZ
Premium Member

10th Dec 09 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from experience, dont even consider it
Joe

10th Dec 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.drinkingandyou.com/site/uk/drive.htm

googlesport.co.uk
Cosmo

10th Dec 09 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 pints of normal lager would put most people over the limit.
harrisp

10th Dec 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No set amount, its different for everyone. ( I got arrested once and only blew .2 over the limit after drinking 20 bottles of beer, I wasnt driving though.
mattk

10th Dec 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just dont have anything imo
MarkSport

10th Dec 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20 bottles
Cosmo

10th Dec 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
No set amount, its different for everyone. ( I got arrested once and only blew .2 over the limit after drinking 20 bottles of beer, I wasnt driving though.

complete and utter rubbish.

Unless by after you mean 24hrs after.
mattk

10th Dec 09 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why were you breath tested if you wernt driving?
harrisp

10th Dec 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

of course it is, I wasnt there or anything. It was over 6 hours and two of us were breathalised and both only just blew over the limit. thats meant to be 2 not .2.

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
why were you breath tested if you wernt driving?

Five of us were arrested (for something we didnt do) and for some reason they breathalised two of us to decide when we could be interviewed, only two of us were breathalised though.

[Edited on 10-12-2009 by harrisp]
ed

10th Dec 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no legal limit regarding how much you've drunk. It's 35mg per litre on breath and you could hit that after 1 pint or you could go clear after 2 - it's dependant on the person.

Best bet is to not risk it!
SportBoy

10th Dec 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know someone whos had 8 pints and blew a pass before too .. it does happen. alot to do with bodywieght, if you have eaten, how fast you were drinking etc. but genrally id sooner not be a cunt and run the risk like some ppl do and just dont have a drink. if you do just dont have anymore than 1 pint and make it last

[Edited on 10-12-2009 by SportBoy]
Cosmo

10th Dec 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

of course it is, I wasnt there or anything. It was over 6 hours and two of us were breathalised and both only just blew over the limit. thats meant to be 2 not .2.

You drank 20 bottles, then 6 hours later blew 2 (2 what, 2mg?) over the limit.

That could well be true, Id expect you drank the 20 bottles over a long period of time and had food during/after it too.
ed

10th Dec 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your body will process about 1 unit an hour too, a lot of people get done the morning after!
shibby

10th Dec 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on to many factors to even think about calculating!
harrisp

10th Dec 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You drank 20 bottles, then 6 hours later blew 2 (2 what, 2mg?) over the limit.

That could well be true, Id expect you drank the 20 bottles over a long period of time and had food during/after it too.

I drank 20 bottles over 6 hours, got arrested then about an hour late got breathalised, yes 2mg, had plenty to eat also Im not the smallest of people.

Bullshit then?

But on the other hand I know someone who went out saturday night, then went out on his bike sunday dinner time got pulled and blew over the limit resulting in a 12 month ban.

oceansoul

10th Dec 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of you may recall my what should i do about my mate who always drives drunk thread a few months ago. I was out with her one night a few weeks ago (didnt know she was driving) she had loadsa double vodkas, loadsa bottles of beer and a couple shots of tequila. We then got a bus and got off AT HER CAR. I screwed at her (i was wasted) we got in car, drove 2 meters was pulled over by unmarked CID who had heard us arguing and thought it was a domestic. They wernt carrying a Breathleasizer as there CID, so called a traffic car. 20mins later traffic car showed up and she blew 0.1 UNDER the limit. I was shocked tbh.
Cosmo

10th Dec 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I drank 20 bottles over 6 hours, got arrested then about an hour late got breathalised, yes 2mg, had plenty to eat also Im not the smallest of people.

Bullshit then?

But on the other hand I know someone who went out saturday night, then went out on his bike sunday dinner time got pulled and blew over the limit.

Its a fucking huge amount to drink in a small space of time and to be so little over the limit.

But if you say its true then why not - you must be a big fella.
harrisp

10th Dec 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
Some of you may recall my what should i do about my mate who always drives drunk thread a few months ago. I was out with her one night a few weeks ago (didnt know she was driving) she had loadsa double vodkas, loadsa bottles of beer and a couple shots of tequila. We then got a bus and got off AT HER CAR. I screwed at her (i was wasted) we got in car, drove 2 meters was pulled over by unmarked CID who had heard us arguing and thought it was a domestic. They wernt carrying a Breathleasizer as there CID, so called a traffic car. 20mins later traffic car showed up and she blew 0.1 UNDER the limit. I was shocked tbh.

Dom

10th Dec 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

big girl?
Cosmo

10th Dec 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I know you were being sarcastic but Id say so to.

If she had as much as he says then she would of been over, so it was either done wrong (the test) or BS.
harrisp

10th Dec 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Bullshit then?

But on the other hand I know someone who went out saturday night, then went out on his bike sunday dinner time got pulled and blew over the limit.

Its a fucking huge amount to drink in a small space of time and to be so little over the limit.

But if you say its true then why not - you must be a big fella.

Its not something I would lie about, its nothing im proud of, im about 6 foot 5 and around 17 stone so yea fairly large (makes me sound fat ) .

quote:

I know you were being sarcastic but Id say so to.

If she had as much as he says then she would of been over, so it was either done wrong (the test) or BS.

Yes I was joking/being sarcastic, .

Another one, which I ended up arguing with my college tutor about is that he drank 14 pints of guiness got pulled driving home and passed a breathalyser test, whether is bullshit or not I dont know but I nearly got kicked out of college for telling him my views on drink drivers.

Cosmo

10th Dec 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your size would explain a lot
Ste L

10th Dec 09 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with it being christmas too, the cop's are going to be more vigilant - i personally, would never have one drink and drive, but that me
harrisp

10th Dec 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste L
with it being christmas too, the cop's are going to be more vigilant - i personally, would never have one drink and drive, but that me

Exactly, I will have a pint with a meal sometimes but its not worth it just for a pint or two IMO.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » legal limit on beer? 22 database queries in 0.0156150 seconds