corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Claiming for damaged wheel and tyre? :mad:

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Claiming for damaged wheel and tyre? :mad:
JadeM
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Dec 09 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of an essay...

I've just hit a pothole, dented the alloy and burst the front tyre of my brothers scirocco

Its thick fog here, I was slowing down approaching a mini roundabout so lucky to be doing 10 mph. There was a car directly in front of me, next thing BANG I've hit a pothole. Got out to take a look, and theres air hissing out the front tyre and the alloys damaged

Went back to look at the hole, its BIG!! Took some pics on my phone, but its dark so I'll need to go back in daylight. What I need to know is, how likely is it that the Council will pay for the damage? Is there some sort of rule that the hole needs to have already been reported to them before they'll consider a claim?

I'm not my bros. fav person atm
SportBoy

13th Dec 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think they willl only pay if its been marked out for repair. but not 100% on that.
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, complain. A mate of mine hit one on his motorbike and took pics of the damage to himself and the bike, he went and told the council and took them to court and got a pay out.
marklawton

13th Dec 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to go back tomoz first thing with a new paper and take a picture so you have proof of the date etc
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing happened to me Jade back in Jan. It took a chunk out my alloy and ripped the tyre. I went back the next day to get pics and it had been filled in Get pics as soon as you can. I got all the paperwork from the council, sent them photos of the damage, pot hole, and the bills for the repairs. Never got a penny! I was fuming! Over £150 down the swanny

[Edited on 13-12-2009 by shaunmods]
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll phone them in the morning, but I wont be able to get down there for more pics until I finish work - bet they'll have it filled in by the time I go back
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Shame thing happened to me Jade back in Jan. took a chuck out my alloy and ripped the tyre. I went back the next day to get pics and it had been filled in Get pics as soon as you can. I got all the paperwork from the council, sent them photos of the damage, pot hole, and the bills for the repairs. Never got a penny! I was fuming! Over £150 down the swanny

You posted at the same time as me thats exactly what I'm thinking!!!

My brothers like a bear with a sorehead, just my luck it happened when I'm driving his car
barter

13th Dec 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate done the same,with comon sense you should get it paid for,but you wont
MatthewR

13th Dec 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll never get paid out
AndyCorsaSport

13th Dec 09 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened to me last year, take pics of the hole, also measurements, preferably pics with a tape measure so you can see depth etc. Ring local council and report it, they will fill it in within a few days When you ring them, ask about a claims form. They will send one out with all sorts on questions, tyre make, tread depth etc. Fill it in and send it back with copys of the pics of the hole, and pics of the tyre/wheel. If possible, get a quote for the damage and send that too. I got £130 i think, for new wheel and tyre on my Corsa, took about a year to get it, and a LOT of phone calls nagging etc.

Actually, think i got about £180. New wheel and tyre, and 4wheel alignment. I bought new tyre for £30, and got wheel alignment done at work

[Edited on 13-12-2009 by AndyCorsaSport]
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks folks I'll do all that Things just go from bad to worse! Just had Colin on the phone, he's been travelling up to Aberdeen to attend a course. He thinks he's been caught speeding on the motorway by one of those camera van thingy's
richc

13th Dec 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Merry christmas
MarkM

13th Dec 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just scratched one of my Penta's on a kerb...

Fuming.
Edd

13th Dec 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a pay out from glasgow city council the most tight fisted council in the land

so dont give up just cover all the bases
*JonnyG*

13th Dec 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
Merry christmas
Colin

13th Dec 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a payout years ago when I got a burst tyre.
barter

13th Dec 09 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with info like what andy has said,should easy get your money back,doubt my mate done all that and doubt others did aswell.i wouldnt of thought that much into it,and thats nothing to do with me bein from essex haha!
dava.

13th Dec 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
I'll phone them in the morning, but I wont be able to get down there for more pics until I finish work - bet they'll have it filled in by the time I go back

dont phone them before you get pics etc, as if there anything like this lot here, they will be down there pronto to fill the hole in,

get your pics and proof first before getting onto them
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dava.
quote:

dont phone them before you get pics etc, as if there anything like this lot here, they will be down there pronto to fill the hole in,

get your pics and proof first before getting onto them

I might send my mum down in the morning to take pics just incase someone else reports it, I wont be able to get down until after work I've got some pics but it was dark and they're not that great
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW Dava, it happened at Redding
RS6

13th Dec 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hate pot holes im always looking out for them lol
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

14th Dec 09 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've tried to claim off the council before and got nothing but make sure you take pictures before you contact them! they will fill the hole as soon as you tell them incase you have not taken photographic proof!
Pants

14th Dec 09 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Bit of an essay...

I've just hit a pothole, dented the alloy and burst the front tyre of my brothers scirocco

Its thick fog here, I was slowing down approaching a mini roundabout so lucky to be doing 10 mph. There was a car directly in front of me, next thing BANG I've hit a pothole. Got out to take a look, and theres air hissing out the front tyre and the alloys damaged

Went back to look at the hole, its BIG!! Took some pics on my phone, but its dark so I'll need to go back in daylight. What I need to know is, how likely is it that the Council will pay for the damage? Is there some sort of rule that the hole needs to have already been reported to them before they'll consider a claim?

I'm not my bros. fav person atm

i did exactly the same and highways sent me a big report and they wouldnt give me any money for my loses well gutted. =(
JadeM
Premium Member

14th Dec 09 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did they say why they turned your claim down?

My mums been back this morning, took pics then phoned and reported it. The guy said he'd send out an Insurance claim form While she was taking pics a resident in the street came out and said it had been like that for weeks and had been reported
DaveyLC

14th Dec 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to take photos with something to reference the site.. Its a right ball ache but you can get money out of them..

Write to the council asking for their insurance details for a high ways claim then write to the insurer.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Claiming for damaged wheel and tyre? :mad: 22 database queries in 0.0170481 seconds