corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my 1.6 16v corsa b merit BIG CHANGES HAPPENING

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my 1.6 16v corsa b merit BIG CHANGES HAPPENING
vaux.dan

User status: Offline
21st Dec 09 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i started a project thread on here a while ago but it was shit and i have lost it

any ways may aswell introduce my self, im daniel. From gateshead,newcastle.
this is my 2nd corsa both 1.2 8v's. 1st one was a trip lol. worst corsa ever lol. was orange but the lad sprayed it black hammerite, and when it rained he still kept going lol. anyways i had that for a while(got it for free) put some cav slabs on and a peco back box only to find out it was very badly rotten so off to the scrappy it went.

first off, got the car for my 18th birthday, only cost 300 but had alot of potential.
paint work was all faded but with 5 hours of t-cutting and polishing all that changed.
i had a rough idea of what i wanted to do to the car but i was 17 at the time i had the car and was very skint lol

1st corsa:

and what i wanted it to look like:

new car on the day i bought it:

back at home:

got some cav sri fanblades for 125, got my eyeballs ripped out! used different picture and when i collected them they were shit condition. got no pics but sold em straight away to speedy172
sub i got for £15:

then swapped that sub for another 5 cav sri fanblades:

sprayed them up white and got them fitted:

i then decided they were becoming very popular in the north east so made a very tidy £125 profit(sold for 140)

put my mates tigra 5 spokes on for a while aswell as my depos. had the car lowered 60mm all round, mate didnt tighten the wheel up properly so off that cam when i was doing 50+. hot a ditch, off cam the arch and bent the wing a tad:

gave him them back and got some astra 1.6 sport 14'' alloys for £15 fitted them but then fell in love with a set of cesaros local to me. paid 80, my astra wheels and fifa 10 for them. had kumho 195/45 tyres fitted and i love them !!

i recently bought my mates 1.6 16v lump as me had a bump so got that cheap aswell as 2.0 brake set up and a full ss powerflow decat 3'' outward rolled tip exhaust system.
should be getting the car back this week so pic session with my mates.!

whilst its been gone iv been buying a few bits and bobs 100mm rears,smoked side reps, calibra turbo leathers,centre caps etc. and glacier white paint for my mate to cc it

also changed the hideous steering wheel to a astra mk2 gte i got for £1 off ebay hahaha

sadly sold the depos as i was getting rid but seen sence and love it more than ever.

future plans:
buy rear lights
mhw or these:

kent cams, front coilys, full respray and boot build.

thanks and comments welcome

[Edited on 18-01-2010 by vaux.dan]

[Edited on 18-01-2010 by vaux.dan]

[Edited on 20-01-2010 by vaux.dan]

[Edited on 07-02-2010 by vaux.dan]

[Edited on 16-03-2010 by vaux.dan]
Ingham
Banned

21st Dec 09 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why just front coilovers Dixon? 100mm is too impractical in this weather.. you'll see.
vaux.dan

21st Dec 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because i want a nova when my years no claim comes through so not putting major money init. and the 100mm's have just came this morning so theyre not fitted yet. ifso il fit my mates nova springs hes got lying round.
vaux.dan

21st Dec 09 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to nip along vauxhall the morra and buy a number plate lense and get some led and number plate white led's.

any opinions ideas?
Paul_Safc

21st Dec 09 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where's the 1.6 16v?

vaux.dan

21st Dec 09 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where it belongs under the bonnet lol
thecoolcorsaguy9

21st Dec 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vaux.dan
because i want a nova when my years no claim comes through so not putting major money init. and the 100mm's have just came this morning so theyre not fitted yet. ifso il fit my mates nova springs hes got lying round.
hey bud, car looks sorted, don't suppose you got those tigra alloys knocking about have you, would prefer those on my car for winter rather than the astra 1s that are on, let me know m8 thanXX!!
vaux.dan

22nd Dec 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate, they were my mates. hes just give them away for nowt.
vaux.dan

22nd Dec 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been to vauxhaull and ordered a new number plate lense and opel mudflaps
vaux.dan

23rd Dec 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

picked up the number plate light today but vauxhall said they cant get hold of opel mudflaps ! :@ bit pissed off as i wanted them. was hoping to get the car back today but doesnt look like thats gunna happen, but did nip past to see the progress and engine is in but i dont know how much they have left to do
vaux.dan

29th Dec 09 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been told engines in, manifolds on just need to get some engine mounts off astra he said. they still need to connect the exhaist to the manifold and put the 1.6 struts on and 2.0 brakes then i should hopefully have it back after 3 1/2 weeks !! :@

treated the car to some tailored vauxhaull mats(one with red vauxhall writing down the side) for £10 off a mate. mint condition
sxibeast

29th Dec 09 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice progress!

Must say i have a soft spot for white corsas after putting a good solid weeks wirth of work getting the gf's sisters one up and running!

Your corsa looked good on the fanblades, but think it looks even better with the cesaros on!

[Edited on 29-12-2009 by sxibeast]
vaux.dan

30th Dec 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, just a joke how long the conversions taking. loved the fanblades but by god were they becoming popular up here!
opted for the cearos as i havnt seen any white b's with them on then a lad goes and buys some and paints them the same colour and lives like 5 mins away :@

if i do change the wheels im gunna go 5 stud cav turbo fanblades. white corsas do look lush i must admit and i want mine to be one
vaux.dan

30th Dec 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

met ben_barron the night bought a 1000watt sub and amp with all wiring kit and some uprated shocks for 50 even gave me some free 6x9's. top lad. seriously need the car back my house is full of parts lol
vaux.dan

7th Jan 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wey im apparently getting the car back end of this week after almost 5 weeks without it !

once its back leathers wired up, rear leathers fitted
fit new shocks and 100mm's,sub amp, clean it get it cc'd spray engine cover and redo brakes and calipers
Ingham
Banned

7th Jan 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like it's coming along Dixon :-) me = travelling up to detail? :-)
vaux.dan

7th Jan 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ha yes please sir haha
Crana

8th Jan 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it back yet?
vaux.dan

10th Jan 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have i fuck craig! went along yestersay and said its now been 5 weeks are you taking the piss. he just said theyve put powersteering in my car but they need a bracket, said he cant go to the scrappys because of the weather but said will try and make one! fucking pissed off. said the brakes need connected and the wiring harness needs done and i can have it back. said it will be back this week but thats the 3rd time hes said it.. 5 weeks for a engine dropped in :S wish i hadnt bothered now
vaux.dan

14th Jan 10 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone think morettes and german rear lights would suit my car once colourcoded??
vaux.dan

18th Jan 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

popped along on saturday(6 weeks) and asked what needed done. he said he needed a powersteering bracket, but i said just leave it out im not arsed. next thing i know hes firing it up bang pop it starts and the exhaust is loud as fuck lol.

very impressed with the note. car should be home tonight so will try to get a few pics, and might be fitting the new shocks and 100mm rears.
picked up some chrome veccy door handles for a 5a at a scrappy aswell.

vaux.dan

18th Jan 10 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars now back and :O its quick. it coulsnt get traction in 3rd :O few problems though.
dials arnt working, and still need to attach the fan and fanbelt(was to eager just took the car back unfinished)

will upload pics tomorrow as im gunna get it running right and paint a few things.

very happy and my mate says the exhaust just pops in every gear and flames shoot out !
Root

19th Jan 10 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vaux.dan
cars now back and :O its quick. it coulsnt get traction in 3rd :O few problems though.
dials arnt working, and still need to attach the fan and fanbelt(was to eager just took the car back unfinished)

will upload pics tomorrow as im gunna get it running right and paint a few things.

very happy and my mate says the exhaust just pops in every gear and flames shoot out !

was gonna say why have you got a 1.6 merit? lmao, glad to hear you are very pleased and proud of your car, just don't forget to post updates mate. I like this project
vaux.dan

19th Jan 10 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im cleaning it tomorrow and will post pics. my mate is coming to paint my cesaros fresh white . im gunna get a vid up of it and few pics the morra. my mates car who i got the engine out of, it wasnt this quick :/ i let him have a go and he was very suprised at the pull it had compared to what it did in his sport
Jabba

19th Jan 10 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is going to be 1 fast little corsa when its running perfect and looking good too

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my 1.6 16v corsa b merit BIG CHANGES HAPPENING 23 database queries in 0.0164690 seconds