corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my corsa b project UPDATED

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my corsa b project UPDATED
corsabsonny

User status: Offline
12th Jan 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well this is my corsa project just signed up so theres a few months woth of work in one post, bought this in august, 1996 1.2 8v corsa b, been working on a budget ever since and this is where im at, de handled(only passenger side until i get my remote solenoids), bad boy bonnet, smoothed out facelift front bumper, badgeless grill,smoothed pre facelift rear bumper,smoothed aerial hole,smoothed petrol flap,smoothed the spoiler in to the tailgate(only done one side so far)
still to do
semi smooth boot, other handle, other side of spoiler,find and fit either gsi or irmscher skirts want soemthing subtle any suggestions? going to smooth the original scuttle panel
also the back box lexus lights are temporary cheap thigns to smarten it up whiel im workin on it, although the lexus lights are dreadful and the exhaust has gone strangely wonky lol m3 mirrors just to change it from standard for now
also got some mk4 astra side repeaters on there and some angels i swapped for my standard headlights, theres a bracket missing on these but ive made one quick until i get some depos or morrettes unsure yet, the wheels were 40 with 4 good toyos on them there growing on me but ill decide once ive refurbed them whether i want to keep them for now or change straight away
interior
got some buckets for 90 quid slightly to big but oh well, sprayed all the plastics including the dash satin black covered the door panels and headlining black had a random night with some purple mettalic on the dash nto sure whether to keep this and have purple french stitchign on the seats on change the colour
heres the pictures sorry for the long story behind it lol
how i boguht her minus the back box and debadgeing

starting work on her lowered 60mm all round at thsi point

buckets

and how she looks now covered in snow looking like a piece of shit lol shell be painted soon though

dash

all blacked up

and my subs and amp i installed for some sounds

and thats where shes at right now, hopefull be painted in the next few weeks will be updating regulary so if you want to comment it will be much appreciated
sonny

[Edited on 12-01-2010 by corsabsonny]

[Edited on 11-04-2010 by corsabsonny]
Paul_JC

12th Jan 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

front bumper looks good mate, how did you go about filling in the plate recess as ive read many dfferent wasy of doing it but havent got around to giving them a go yet lol
corsabsonny

12th Jan 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres many different ways mate the easiest being fiberglass and filler, if u want to get fancy u can bend a sheet of plastic to the shape and melt inin the hole but here isnt much point in this fibeglass is the way foward
thanks mate
Paul_JC

12th Jan 10 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah cool i read up the fiberglass way and also plastic welding a piece of plastic into the gab and tigersealing it in aswell then a skim of fiberglass then filler.
corsabsonny

12th Jan 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yh thats what i was saying mate palstic then fill over top, nightmare though lol
Root

12th Jan 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't wait to see it painted
corsabsonny

12th Jan 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate should look nice
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Jan 10 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsabsonny
yh thats what i was saying mate palstic then fill over top, nightmare though lol

not as much of a nightmare as repairing the cracks in the fibreglass when they eventually appear
corsabsonny

12th Jan 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a chance the fiberglass will crack of if u do it the other way unless u apply it properly
Root

12th Jan 10 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it going back to flame red or another colour?
corsabsonny

12th Jan 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

metallic black mate
corsabsonny

13th Jan 10 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
*JonnyG*

13th Jan 10 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was up with it being flame red?
corsabsonny

14th Jan 10 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because i dont like flame red. Was covered in dents so i might aswell make a nice car of it rather than keep it a standard colour i dont like plus there wont be another in the colour im doing it
corsabsonny

1st Feb 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new update, got the drivers side all flatted off, solenoid kit for the doors on order, semi smooth boot done and smoothed off standard irrors to be well kind of different lol

[Edited on 01-02-2010 by corsabsonny]
flybikeslee

1st Feb 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all i see is body filler and lexus lights...
Minty_Fresh

1st Feb 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to be a waste of time and money when that filler starts to crack after you have had it painted..
corsabsonny

1st Feb 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lexus lights are for temporary as a mate needed standards. What car on here has no filler in it? And hows it going to crack you have not and never will see how my filler has been applied and formed and i can assure you its correct so if you have nothing posotive to say id rather you kept it to your self thanks
AlexW

2nd Feb 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That spoiler, i hope your going to make it look like one piece, you can still see the outline of the end of it. Also beware if its the standard rubber one, as it will flex, you idealy want a fibreglass one.
Minty_Fresh

2nd Feb 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the flushed door and semi smooth boot, did you just fibreglass them or get a plate welded in first?
corsabsonny

2nd Feb 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a rubber one its glass and tbh i like it smoothed in with the lump there, and of corse its welded ive doen this for a living since school mate it might be left outside due to circumstances that i cant do nothign about but trust me this isnt no bodge job
flybikeslee

2nd Feb 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car has no filler on it thanks
corsabsonny

2nd Feb 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your car isnt 14 years old though is it, i dont understand some people i joined here for advice a laugh and to show of my car and all ive got is abuse and sarcasm for no reason
peggsie

2nd Feb 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill leave my judgement till its painted, but most cars with smoothed boots have a bit of catty to get it level i think ya should keep up the good work only thing is im not keen on the recliners i'm more of a bucket man as i think if u goin for that sort of look might aswell strip the car out n just have two buckets but if u want ppl in the back just get a decent set of standard seats out the gsi or sri/sport
maberz

2nd Feb 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair play for doing it yaself buddy! if youve done it properly and welded where it needs welding then no need to worry? interested to see what its like when its painted and you choice of wheels? judgin by the smooth front bumper maybe something euro?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my corsa b project UPDATED 23 database queries in 0.0180070 seconds